Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Anyone nervous owning K Hunt?

Postby Pew Dogs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 am

In general I think it makes sense in real football not to run an RB into the ground (except maybe an aging veteran on a one year deal who knows he's at the last few years), so I like 2-1 or 60/40 backfield splits or so. Ware is a very good RB so that breakdown would make sense to me. That might cap Hunt's cieling just a bit (but don't tell that to Saints fans). Plus, if I remeber, Andy Reid does use 'bell cows'. That being said, I wouldn't be worried about him too much. (However, in 7 dynasty leagues I do not own him once, and your post has me wondering if I should put out feelers.)
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 am

If Ware is healthy (big if, I get that), he will definitely eat in to Hunts carries and touches. Ware is a more than capable back and Hunt received a ton of work last year because they had nobody else. To me, this is nothing to do with talent and everythingto do with helping players stay fresh and avoid injury. So while I think Hunt is definitely a great talent at Rb, a healthy Ware will definitely cut in to his touches.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 am

This thread is all negative hype and no substance.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:35 am

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 am This thread is all negative hype and no substance.
You maybe right but some of us do have concerns. His he an elite talent ? The return of Ware. Mahomes possibly struggling at QB changes the way teams defend. The huge outburst games vs rest of season.

Seems most are being reasonable and understanding a regression is likely but are still happy with a top 10 back.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:01 am

AussieMate wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:58 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:51 pm
skip wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:40 pm

This is a presumption that I do not agree with. Ware was pressed into an RBBC role in 2015 due to injuries to Jamaal Charles. He only remained in that role because the Chiefs were holding out for Charles to be healthy in 2016 and he wasn't. Had that been known much earlier, the Chiefs would have drafted their starter in the 2016 draft. Instead they had to wait a year and it happened in 2017. Off season reports said that Ware was the "starter" but that is always the case with the veteran until the rookie gets their feet under them. Injury to Ware or not, Hunt was going to be the starter in week 1.
Why? Because you say so?..haha

There is not a huge difference between Hunt and Ware. Ware will get touches this season and Hunt owners should be concerned as a result.
"No huge difference" why because you say so?

Hunt isn't worlds above Ware but I believe he is definitely better than Ware. I'm expecting slight regression but also expecting the chiefs to run even more this year, Ware may spell him on the odd drive but Reid has generally been about 1 bell cow and I don't see that changing. He's a lock for me to finish between 6-10 and one of the safest backs to own
Uh no, Ware and Hunt performed almost identically on the same team in the same offense in 2016 and 2017. Hunt owners are still living in the first 3 games of 2017 as if that is who Hunt is.......that was the KC O-line.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 am

DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:35 am
MEuRaH wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 am This thread is all negative hype and no substance.
You maybe right but some of us do have concerns. His he an elite talent ? The return of Ware. Mahomes possibly struggling at QB changes the way teams defend. The huge outburst games vs rest of season.

Seems most are being reasonable and understanding a regression is likely but are still happy with a top 10 back.
Regression?

he had the 6th most rushing attempts at 272 in the league. Of all RB's over 240 attempts he averaged 4.9 YPC. Almost a full yard more than all of them with the exception of Gurley who averaged 4.7 YPC. Next closest was Zeke and Howard at 4.1 followed by Bell and McCoy at 4.0

No reason to panic or even worry.

Owners, spend your time worrying about other positions. He is a lock stud! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

I think the point is that volume may go down. I definitely dont question his ability. I do question whether or not he gets the same kind of volume that he did last year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 am

Hunt owner here. I'm expecting a top 10 RB finish, my guess would be in the RB5-RB8 range. Which would still be an excellent finish afaic. Could there be growing pains for Pat Mahomes? Sure, but in that offense, with those weapons, and Reid coaching, I think Mahomes will be consistently put in a position to succeed.

Also the KC O-line was playing lights out last year, but they also had some injuries. Mitch Morse and LDT both had injury issues during the middle of the season if I'm not mistaken. And to those reminding us that Hunt slowed down midseason last year, well, remember how his work suddenly got cut down by the coaching staff midway into the season? They came out and said they needed to get him the ball more afterwards as they realized it was part of the reason why their season nearly went into the tank. After that experience I think Hunt will consistently get work every week as long as he's healthy.

I own Ware in the same league I have Hunt, and I'd recommend getting him just because he's a good RB in his own. Could do a lot worse than him on your bench, especially if you own Hunt, as well.
#FreeCoreyDavis

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am

I think he is still one of the safer RB1 options in the league.
Perhaps his volume goes down slightly but it may allow him to be fresher. Hard to figure what might drag him down unless Mahomes is dreadful to start the season
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I think Hunt finishes as an RB1, but I don't expect his big games to be as eye-popping. His start to last season was largely due to Kansas City's offensive line playing at a ridiculous level. Once that stopped happening, he regressed but picked back up to close the season out.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Don't own him anywhere. I'm not a hater though. I was very impressed with him and how he exploded onto the scene last season. (I think we all were). I think, if he is healthy, he's a lock for top 10 rb scoring. I don't see it close to likely that he is the #1 overall rb in fantasy scoring however. That is more wishfull / hopeful owner biased thinking most likely. I do think that the moving of A.Smith could bite their efficiency, down and distance, and consistency, and leadership in that offense. I could be wrong though. PM could come in and light it up. He had a full year to learn under Reid and A.Smith & He has a cannon for an arm so defenses will have to respect the deep ball. They have a very talented TE and gadgety WR who poses a threat from anywhere on the field. If Ware is healthy, he will get touches. So, all in all, I very much anticipate a slight reduction in his ypc, td, and overall touches. So, yeah, I'd be worried a tad, but, a slight regression still puts him comfortably in the mid to low rb1 range. So, this isn't a huge issue imo.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:01 am
dm1129 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Why? Because you say so?..haha

There is not a huge difference between Hunt and Ware. Ware will get touches this season and Hunt owners should be concerned as a result.

Hunt isn't worlds above Ware but I believe he is definitely better than Ware. I'm expecting slight regression but also expecting the chiefs to run even more this year, Ware may spell him on the odd drive but Reid has generally been about 1 bell cow and I don't see that changing. He's a lock for me to finish between 6-10 and one of the safest backs to own
Uh no, Ware and Hunt performed almost identically on the same team in the same offense in 2016 and 2017. Hunt owners are still living in the first 3 games of 2017 as if that is who Hunt is.......that was the KC O-line.
We'll just have to revisit this mid year, I'm actually a Ware fan, owned him in 2016 and thought the Chiefs didn't need to draft an RB. I was actively rooting against Kareem Hunt before Ware went down, even then I couldn't deny Hunt is just a better RB. I sold my Ware shares and bought Hunt for this reason,
They performed identical? I'm assuming you mean identical if you remove hunts 3 big games, in which case you should share the love and do the same for Ware before comparing them.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm

We'll just have to revisit this mid year, I'm actually a Ware fan, owned him in 2016 and thought the Chiefs didn't need to draft an RB. I was actively rooting against Kareem Hunt before Ware went down, even then I couldn't deny Hunt is just a better RB. I sold my Ware shares and bought Hunt for this reason,
They performed identical? I'm assuming you mean identical if you remove hunts 3 big games, in which case you should share the love and do the same for Ware before comparing them.
If you choose to believe that the first 3 games of the season, which in no way resemble the rest of the season, accurately reflect Hunt going forward, that is on you. By every metric, the KC O-line was beyond dominant in those games. This is where actually analyzing what happens on the field matters and it honestly was not difficult to see what was happening.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm
AussieMate wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm

If you choose to believe that the first 3 games of the season, which in no way resemble the rest of the season, accurately reflect Hunt going forward, that is on you. By every metric, the KC O-line was beyond dominant in those games. This is where actually analyzing what happens on the field matters and it honestly was not difficult to see what was happening.
Like I said, we'll have to revisit mid season, if you can't see Hunt is a superior RB then I can't help you, personally I don't cut pieces from a players season to suit my theory.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:20 pm

This poll result is a little shocking.