WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:16 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:54 am
Boo hoo. I really feel for him. (See above post)
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/sta ... 99744?s=20
Yeah, sorry. No sympathy for the above topic. He chose to do that to that woman, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.
Have you seen the video? He barely nudged the woman on the ground with his foot. A soccer ref would've been on the fence about flagging it. Nonetheless, I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but there are different degrees for every crime. There's a reason Hunt wasn't kicked out of the league and blackballed like Ray Rice.

Also, Hunt's father, mother, and brother have all spent time in prison since a young age for various drug and other offenses. While he's still ultimately responsible for his actions, what he's accomplished despite his obstacles is immense.

I want no part of him in fantasy, but let's not condemn him as a person for a poor decision and some weed.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:24 am
Yeah, sorry. No sympathy for the above topic. He chose to do that to that woman, I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.
Have you seen the video? He barely nudged the woman on the ground with his foot. A soccer ref would've been on the fence about flagging it. Nonetheless, I agree that he shouldn't have done it, but there are different degrees for every crime. There's a reason Hunt wasn't kicked out of the league and blackballed like Ray Rice.

Also, Hunt's father, mother, and brother have all spent time in prison since a young age for various drug and other offenses. While he's still ultimately responsible for his actions, what he's accomplished despite his obstacles is immense.

I want no part of him in fantasy, but let's not condemn him as a person for a poor decision and some weed.
I saw the video. He went back at her a few times. I also know he was being held back by several people. I was saying I don't feel sorry for him for not being in the SB because it was his actions that put him there. I really don't feel sorry for him for that, nor will I. If that's why he's driving around with open booze, pills and weed, I really don't care either. It's irrelevant to me, but I refuse to feel sorry for him not being in the Super Bowl and feeling sad about it. I not "condemning" him, I just don't sympathize with him over feeling sad about not being in the SB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:44 am

I actually feel the complete opposite. I'm fine owning him in our fake fantasy game (I dont), while I do in fact condemn his decisions as an actual person. I hope he gets help for whatever his issues, but that doesn't mean we need to be friends.

Can't imagine how distraught he will be when KC wins this weekend.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:44 am

I actually feel the complete opposite. I'm fine owning him in our fake fantasy game (I dont), while I do in fact condemn his decisions as an actual person. I hope he gets help for whatever his issues, but that doesn't mean we need to be friends.

We can start a go fund me page for his coping needs.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 am

Imagine of Hunt was traded to or picked up by the Bengals and was backing up Joe Slugger Nixon.

Freak would probably need to be committed and heavily sedated.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:57 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 am Imagine of Hunt was traded to or picked up by the Bengals and was backing up Joe Slugger Nixon.

We can start a GoFundMe for his coping needs

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:40 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:44 am

I agree, I would roster him as well I just don't think he's going to last in the league because he seems like a knucklehead.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:57 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 am Imagine of Hunt was traded to or picked up by the Bengals and was backing up Joe Slugger Nixon.

There are actually some reasonable backups to Mixon already that I could see stealing a tiny bit of work this year... both Trayveon Williams and Rodney Anderson's healthy ghost project to be capable players when they're right. To say nothing of the immortal Geovanni Bernard...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:57 am

There are actually some reasonable backups to Mixon already that I could see stealing a tiny bit of work this year... both Trayveon Williams and Rodney Anderson's healthy ghost project to be capable players when they're right. To say nothing of the immortal Geovanni Bernard...
These were jokes, but I guess anything is possible.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:37 pm

Dont you be bringin up my boy Mixon's name in the same sentence as Hunt. One learned his lession and has been squeaky clean since joining the NFL, the other hasnt.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:09 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:37 pm Dont you be bringin up my boy Mixon's name in the same sentence as Hunt. One learned his lession and has been squeaky clean since joining the NFL, the other hasnt.
...and he didn't even have a baptism.

tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tackling dummies » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:15 am

With FO/coaching changes, his time in CLE is most likely up. He nuked his bridge in KC and if/when Dorsey gets another GM job, Hunt will be on speed dial.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am

tackling dummies wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:15 am With FO/coaching changes, his time in CLE is most likely up. He nuked his bridge in KC and if/when Dorsey gets another GM job, Hunt will be on speed dial.
Not sure Dorsey gets another GM job.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:20 am

Hunt went ahead of guys like Bell, Ingram & Michel as well as late 1st rookie picks in my current startup, quite similar to DLF Feb ADP so he is still pretty highly valued.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:20 am Hunt went ahead of guys like Bell, Ingram & Michel as well as late 1st rookie picks in my current startup, quite similar to DLF Feb ADP so he is still pretty highly valued.
I have him in one league but the idea he's valued over Bell is surprising.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def