General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm Chubb is arguably the best pure runner in the league. I don't think Hunt touches him there. I can't see Chubb taking a secondary role to Hunt in that system.
I heard it phrased a great way this morning: if Hunt had signed the same deal with Tennessee, would be shying away from Derrick Henry to the same degree?

Because they basically did the same thing last year; that's how good Chubb was. There's also reasonable expectation that whilst Chubb might lose some carry volume, their RZ offense will be -vastly- improved. Line additions + better coaching ought to see to that.

Anyone who watched last year's Browns debacle can attest how miserable they were in the Red Zone... it was a dark comedy.
Yeah, I added on to my original comment. Chubb will never be a high volume pass catcher IMO, but that's OK. I think Stefanski and his screen designs will help Chubb maximize the receptions he does get. They are a heavy running team, and the league is going to a 17 game season. The signing is not surprising. Hunt is a starting caliber back on a lot of teams. He's going to get some carries, and most of the 3rd down work. That doesn't mean Chubb isn't going to produce. Chubb should still touch the ball 300 times, barring injury.
I will concede that maybe this could be a Deuce McCallister-Reggie Bush type fantasy situation.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Where is everyone ranking Chubb? It sounds like many have him closer to rb24 than rb12. I don't see him finishing 10-12 all that unrealistic. Not to mention a injury, trade, or off field issue to Hunt and he's in the 5-8 range. Obviously his value is lower as long as Hunt is there, but it's not like Chubb is no longer a fantasy starter. It sucks but it's not the end of the world.

When Ingram and Kamara were together on Saints Ingram still put up pretty good numbers just fine with Kamara coming in and taking a lot of the receptions. I can see both Chub and Hunt finishing top 15-20. I mean if you drafted Chubb, there are a lot worse players you could have ended up with from that draft class(Guice, Sony, Royce, Rojo, Kerryon, Penny) 🤣
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm

One problem with the Kamara/Ingram comparison is that took place during a stretch were the Saints finished 4th, 2nd, and 1st in total offense. Cleveland finished 22nd last year. Throw in an unwillingness to use Chubb in the pass game (where both Kamara and Ingram were used) and it's a different situation.

I would demote Chubb to a high end RB2. He still carries a ton of value there, but that is a considerable drop off from a plug and play RB1. I would much rather have the satelite backs going in that range for upside.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:23 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm One problem with the Kamara/Ingram comparison is that took place during a stretch were the Saints finished 4th, 2nd, and 1st in total offense. Cleveland finished 22nd last year. Throw in an unwillingness to use Chubb in the pass game (where both Kamara and Ingram were used) and it's a different situation.

I would demote Chubb to a high end RB2. He still carries a ton of value there, but that is a considerable drop off from a plug and play RB1. I would much rather have the satelite backs going in that range for upside.
I agree with Ingram/Kamara not being the same.

McCallister/Bush
Or
Fred Taylor/MJD

are probably more accurate comparisons in terms of how they will be used.
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:04 pm

We shouldn't project Cleveland's running game scheme based on what they did last year. This is a different offense with a new coordinator. I'm not buying the narrative that Chubb can't be an effective receiver out of the backfield. And I'm not convinced that he'll come off the field on 3rd downs. A smart coordinator shouldn't broadcast his intentions with a personnel grouping. The way I see it, Chubb will be the primary starter with Hunt coming in for every 3rd series; something like a 65/35 split. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to view this offense to be similar to what the Vikings did last year. I'll even go on record to say that Chubb will have more receptions than Hunt this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 pm

I don't see why they would use Hunt in such an unimportant role when they just gave him 2 year/13 million.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 pm I don't see why they would use Hunt in such an unimportant role when they just gave him 2 year/13 million.
Dion Lewis was give a fairly lucrative contract by the Titans 2 years ago. Didn't stop Henry from being the featured back. This contract isn't an indication that he should be viewed as a lead back. He's going to contribute, though, for sure. As I said, they are going toe a run heavy team, and the NFL is going to 17 games next year. You need more than just your main back to get through a season, especially with the extra game being added. I'd be shocked if Chubb wasn't still the main guy in Cleveland over the next 2 years, but I do expect Hunt to factor in considerably. We will honestly just have to wait and see, but I still expect Chubb to be a 300 touch a year back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Derrick Henry touched the ball 230 times to Dion Lewis 214 times that season. And Kareem Hunt is a far better player than Lewis was at that point.

I think Chubb is a plus version of 2019 Marlon Mack going forward. 240-250 carries and 25 receptions is what I would expect assuming Hunt stays healthy is his ceiling.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Kelldon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm Where is everyone ranking Chubb? It sounds like many have him closer to rb24 than rb12. I don't see him finishing 10-12 all that unrealistic. Not to mention a injury, trade, or off field issue to Hunt and he's in the 5-8 range. Obviously his value is lower as long as Hunt is there, but it's not like Chubb is no longer a fantasy starter. It sucks but it's not the end of the world.

When Ingram and Kamara were together on Saints Ingram still put up pretty good numbers just fine with Kamara coming in and taking a lot of the receptions. I can see both Chub and Hunt finishing top 15-20. I mean if you drafted Chubb, there are a lot worse players you could have ended up with from that draft class(Guice, Sony, Royce, Rojo, Kerryon, Penny) 🤣
I'm pegging hunt as a fringe rb 2/3 and Chubb as a fringe 1/2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:08 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm Derrick Henry touched the ball 230 times to Dion Lewis 214 times that season. And Kareem Hunt is a far better player than Lewis was at that point.

I think Chubb is a plus version of 2019 Marlon Mack going forward. 240-250 carries and 25 receptions is what I would expect assuming Hunt stays healthy is his ceiling.
Dion Lewis was there last year, too. Henry carried the ball over 300 times. Henry didn't really break out and become an elite runner until the back half of 2018. It was really around week 13 where he took off. Chubb broke out a few weeks into his rookie year, and by the end of week 6, took over the lead role, making Hyde expendable. I see Chubb as a 300 touch player. As long as Chubb is healthy and playing to the level he has, he shouldn't get less. He's a top tier runner in the NFL. 250 carries should be his floor. He's averaged over 5 YPC on his career, and is a volume runner. He's too good/efficient to be given less. He's a much better runner than Marlon Mack. You can think that, that's cool, I just don't agree. We aren't really too far off. A few touches a game, basically is the difference we see. We will have to wait and see it play out.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 am

I think he is a much better runner than Marlon Mack too. That is not what I said. At all. I was comparing what I think his fantasy numbers will look like. I dont see 300 touches for Chubb anymore. The offense is too crowded. His fantasy numbers were actually pretty good, so being able to get that type of production from Chubb for the next 4-5 years is still great. His ceiling is just capped now. Chubb was a no doubt rb1 over the first half of the season without Hunt. Now, with Hunt for at least 2 years, hes a fringe rb1/2.

And I'm just totally lost on the Titans comparison at this point. Kareem Hunt is way better than Dion Lewis. Hes arguably a top 10 running back talent in the league right now. Hes getting paid and hes good enough that the browns will use him. And splitting carries between Brown/Hunt is great for the Browns, so I would fully expect them to do that. Nick Chubb wont be able to run away with the backfield the way Henry did.

If you want to bet on Chubbs numbers matching 2019 Henry, that's fine. But not with my money. I'll buy him at +2019 Mack's numbers.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:05 am

MFundercover wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 am I think he is a much better runner than Marlon Mack too. That is not what I said. At all. I was comparing what I think his fantasy numbers will look like. I dont see 300 touches for Chubb anymore. The offense is too crowded. His fantasy numbers were actually pretty good, so being able to get that type of production from Chubb for the next 4-5 years is still great. His ceiling is just capped now. Chubb was a no doubt rb1 over the first half of the season without Hunt. Now, with Hunt for at least 2 years, hes a fringe rb1/2.

And I'm just totally lost on the Titans comparison at this point. Kareem Hunt is way better than Dion Lewis. Hes arguably a top 10 running back talent in the league right now. Hes getting paid and hes good enough that the browns will use him. And splitting carries between Brown/Hunt is great for the Browns, so I would fully expect them to do that. Nick Chubb wont be able to run away with the backfield the way Henry did.

If you want to bet on Chubbs numbers matching 2019 Henry, that's fine. But not with my money. I'll buy him at +2019 Mack's numbers.
No doubt Hunt is better than Lewis, but Chubb is a better runner than Hunt, and capable of a full workload. It doesn't make sense to take away carries from Chubb for Hunt anymore than you need to. With this system, I believe the will run a lot. I see 270-280 carries for Chubb. Tack on the receptions, and you're at 300 touches. I think Chubb is a candidate to lead the league in rushing yards every year he's in his prime, he's that good. I never expected a ton of receptions from Chubb. Again, we will have to wait and see.

PS. Don't forget, after this year, we are talking about an extra game, too.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 am

Also let’s not forget that the Browns aren’t going to want to run either of these young RBs into the ground too quickly as they develop this nucleus. Not only is Hunt a great insurance policy and complimentary back, but he’s also great for providing the offense with versatility and buffer against wear and tear. I can see the Browns being a top rushing team for as long as these 2 are together and healthy.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:31 am

It's definitely the best 1-2 punch in the league. They're a bit similar, but in a good way because they are both very good all around backs. It's not like Kamara/Ingram where you had an idea of what the offense wanted to do.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am

Chubb has been a better RB than Hunt since birth and will be until they die.

Hunt is better at possibly being kicked out of the league over night though.