FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:34 pm
NICK CHUBB
RB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns announced Nick Chubb is being evaluated for a possible concussion.

Chubb got in a few reps during the team's first padded practice but was helped off the field early. Time will tell how much (if any) time the 24-year-old will miss, but this news may sideline the third-year runner through the alotted contact period of camp. Kareem Hunt, already being drafted just behind Le'Veon Bell at the fifth-round turn in high-stakes leagues, would obviously surge to RB1 territory if Chubb sits in Week 1 and beyond.
FYI, we have an injury thread for this type of thing too, that more people might see if you post there.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=203519
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:07 am

I’m guessing this isn’t going to be a popular opinion, but IMO it’s not unreasonable to wonder if Hunt is the most talented RB in CLE

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/4 ... -practice/
Kareem Hunt looking sharp
Kareem Hunt is getting all the first-team RB reps with Nick Chubb still sidelined with his concussion. And Hunt is reminding everyone that he was the NFL’s rushing champ in 2017 with the Kansas City Chiefs before bouncing to his hometown Browns.
Early in camp Hunt was a standout as a receiver out of the backfield. On Thursday, we saw all the vintage hallmarks that helped Hunt to that rushing title: vision, balance through contact, no wasted motion or steps, strong acceleration and feet that never stop. It was an impressive display for a so-called No. 2 running back.

Don’t just take my word for it. Take the national perspective from ESPN’s Aditi Kinkhabwala, who spent Thursday in Berea

Aditi Kinkhabwala
@AKinkhabwala

Nick Chubb should be back soon, but boy is Kareem Hunt looking good too. The latest, on @nflnetwork. #Browns

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:07 am I’m guessing this isn’t going to be a popular opinion, but IMO it’s not unreasonable to wonder if Hunt is the most talented RB in CLE

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/4 ... -practice/
Kareem Hunt looking sharp
Kareem Hunt is getting all the first-team RB reps with Nick Chubb still sidelined with his concussion. And Hunt is reminding everyone that he was the NFL’s rushing champ in 2017 with the Kansas City Chiefs before bouncing to his hometown Browns.
Early in camp Hunt was a standout as a receiver out of the backfield. On Thursday, we saw all the vintage hallmarks that helped Hunt to that rushing title: vision, balance through contact, no wasted motion or steps, strong acceleration and feet that never stop. It was an impressive display for a so-called No. 2 running back.

Don’t just take my word for it. Take the national perspective from ESPN’s Aditi Kinkhabwala, who spent Thursday in Berea

Aditi Kinkhabwala
@AKinkhabwala

Nick Chubb should be back soon, but boy is Kareem Hunt looking good too. The latest, on @nflnetwork. #Browns
I always enjoy quotes like this because they never convey a strong bias.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:53 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:07 am I’m guessing this isn’t going to be a popular opinion, but IMO it’s not unreasonable to wonder if Hunt is the most talented RB in CLE
Well I don't think it's right, so it's unpopular in my book. Hunt is a great running back, but I would take Chubb over him 10 times out of 10 in any scenario (current, pre-draft, longevity, whatever).

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:58 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:53 am
Well I don't think it's right, so it's unpopular in my book. Hunt is a great running back, but I would take Chubb over him 10 times out of 10 in any scenario (current, pre-draft, longevity, whatever).
Just out of curiosity, what has Chubb shown you that he can do that Hunt isn’t capable of at least matching?

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:38 am

I agree that Hunt is the most talented. He is also more durable/tough which is a plus for us playing fantasy football.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 am

azthecrow wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:38 am

I agree that Hunt is the most talented. He is also more durable/tough which is a plus for us playing fantasy football.
^ I messed that up...the bottom part is my post

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:40 am

Chubb is more talented than Hunt. We'll see the Cleveland staff agree when the season starts, too.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:58 am
Just out of curiosity, what has Chubb shown you that he can do that Hunt isn’t capable of at least matching?
Athletically, Chubb is a step or two above Hunt all while being 10 pounds heavier, so he's more explosive. He's harder to bring down. Great vision (gets every yard). Stronger. Better home run hitter.

If I'm starting an NFL team and want to build around a running back, the only guys I'd probably have above him are Saquon, Zeke, and CMC (depending on my style of offense).

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:59 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am

Athletically, Chubb is a step or two above Hunt all while being 10 pounds heavier, so he's more explosive. He's harder to bring down. Great vision (gets every yard). Stronger. Better home run hitter.

If I'm starting an NFL team and want to build around a running back, the only guys I'd probably have above him are Saquon, Zeke, and CMC (depending on my style of offense).
That’s an interesting opinion given that we have a sizable amount of NFL game tape showing what Hunt is capable of.

I’m not knocking Chubb - he’s a stud IMO. I just don’t know how people can watch Hunt run and not see the ample vision, footwork, balance, toughness, athleticism, and then add in his receiving ability, being able to line up out wide, and open field work. I just don’t personally see evidence that Chubb is superior to Hunt.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:27 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:59 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am

That’s an interesting opinion given that we have a sizable amount of NFL game tape showing what Hunt is capable of.

I’m not knocking Chubb - he’s a stud IMO. I just don’t know how people can watch Hunt run and not see the ample vision, footwork, balance, toughness, athleticism, and then add in his receiving ability, being able to line up out wide, and open field work. I just don’t personally see evidence that Chubb is superior to Hunt.
I see those things, just don't think they put him on Chubb's level. Very few guys are.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:45 am

So not truly dynasty related, but I got Hunt in the 6th round of a redraft league while Chubb went the back half of the 1st round

Come end of season, there is not way there is a 5 round gap between their productions

Stefanski used Cook passes and play actions phenomenally well. Hunt fits that role more than Chubb. Hunt is not just going to be a 3rd down player, he'll be really close to Chubb end of season ppr (also means I'm lower on Chubb than the consensus). It's a 60/40 split between them for work.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 am

I wouldnt be surprised if they just use both as 3 down backs, either flip flopping each series, or splitting each series in half. That would be on hell of a task for the defense having to deal with relatively fresh high level RBs all game down to the end of the year... imagine battling Chubb down field for 10 minutes only to have to deal with a fresh Hunt in the redzone... deadly, hell of a deal the browns got with hunt
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 am

Browns have probably the best RB corps in the NFL. They'll use both of them a good bit. Will probably suck (relatively speaking) for fantasy, but they both should still be relevant.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am

I really can't see Chubb in a true time share. He's been too damn good the last 2 years. A lot of Stefanski's pass work for the back are screens. I'd argue that fits Chubb just as well, if not more, because it's set up to get the RB moving in space with blocks in front of him. Chubb is the more explosive player, so he could turn those into bigger gains with his explosiveness. I still see Chubb as a 300 touch RB.