Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby AussieMate » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:16 pm

He'll end up like another Josh Gordon on my roster, I'll refuse to drop him because of the potential talent and he'll refuse to pull his head out his own a**se.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:57 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:16 pm He'll end up like another Josh Gordon on my roster, I'll refuse to drop him because of the potential talent and he'll refuse to pull his head out his own a**se.
Maybe it's because that's where he hides his stash.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:39 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:16 pm He'll end up like another Josh Gordon on my roster, I'll refuse to drop him because of the potential talent and he'll refuse to pull his head out his own a**se.
Agreed. Won't be surprised if he has one great game filling in because of injury, but I don't see any team trusting him to be a long-term starter anymore. His peak value is gone.

I would guess and hope that most of the people in here are just waiting for that one game to flip him and be done with it.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:55 am
tackling dummies wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:33 am Any concern with the traffic stop? If he does not get his shite in order, he'll be out of chances.
The traffic stop 3 months ago?

No. Not anymore. And especially not after the CBA
It's still one more reason for teams not to invest in him. It may not net him a suspension now, but it absolutely hurts his options with the amount of teams willing to sign him to a future contract, and the amount they are willing to pay him.
teams aren't dolling out for RBs anyways lately

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:56 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:55 am
The traffic stop 3 months ago?

No. Not anymore. And especially not after the CBA
It's still one more reason for teams not to invest in him. It may not net him a suspension now, but it absolutely hurts his options with the amount of teams willing to sign him to a future contract, and the amount they are willing to pay him.
teams aren't dolling out for RBs anyways lately
For sure, but I'm saying it limits the amount of teams that will dole out anything for him. One more thing and I think he's on the streets.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:28 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:39 pm
Agreed. Won't be surprised if he has one great game filling in because of injury, but I don't see any team trusting him to be a long-term starter anymore. His peak value is gone.

I would guess and hope that most of the people in here are just waiting for that one game to flip him and be done with it.
If I ever get decent value, I'd sell. I got him practically free and he was a pretty good PPR Flex option last season even though he was behind Chubb. I wasn't too disappointed last year in his games. Its too bad he is behind such a great talent in Chubb. Oh and yeah he'll likely never get his head out of his backside but whatever

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:47 am

Provided Hunt doesn’t do anything especially egregious, he’s always going to have a job and get on the field. This stint with the Browns only showcased his wide range of ability and that his production in KC wasn’t system based. That he has allegedly found religion and has gotten his anger under control also helps his case.

Now with the new bargaining agreement in place, the recent encounter with the cops about mj is brushed away easily. The league has lightened its stance on pot smoking, which is great IMO.

This guy is a prolific do-it-all RB who performs in all phases of the game at a very high level with the possible caveat of pass protection, which he certainly has improved at. But given that he can also legitimately line up out wide evens tempers that possible slight weakness. A guy like Hunt is always going to find a team willing to use his skills - that’s why CLE put a 2nd round tender on him. They would have lost him otherwise. If you’re dumping him right now, I think you’re robbing yourself of some substantial value. I can’t believe you’re getting equitable value for his baseline/ceiling and what now appears to be a very decent floor.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:47 am Provided Hunt doesn’t do anything especially egregious, he’s always going to have a job and get on the field. This stint with the Browns only showcased his wide range of ability and that his production in KC wasn’t system based. That he has allegedly found religion and has gotten his anger under control also helps his case.

Now with the new bargaining agreement in place, the recent encounter with the cops about mj is brushed away easily. The league has lightened its stance on pot smoking, which is great IMO.

This guy is a prolific do-it-all RB who performs in all phases of the game at a very high level with the possible caveat of pass protection, which he certainly has improved at. But given that he can also legitimately line up out wide evens tempers that possible slight weakness. A guy like Hunt is always going to find a team willing to use his skills - that’s why CLE put a 2nd round tender on him. They would have lost him otherwise. If you’re dumping him right now, I think you’re robbing yourself of some substantial value. I can’t believe you’re getting equitable value for his baseline/ceiling and what now appears to be a very decent floor.
Anger management would have been mandatory for Hunt. And saying he’s “found religion” is simply placating to do everything he can to keep his job.

The new CBA’s leniency on marijuana keeps getting bandied about as a positive for Hunt. And I agree, marijuana did need less restrictions. But don’t forget, he had three separate incidents of assault looked into by the police. This is the main issue.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:39 am

RB6 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 am
Anger management would have been mandatory for Hunt. And saying he’s “found religion” is simply placating to do everything he can to keep his job.

The new CBA’s leniency on marijuana keeps getting bandied about as a positive for Hunt. And I agree, marijuana did need less restrictions. But don’t forget, he had three separate incidents of assault looked into by the police. This is the main issue.
Pretty harsh judgment there. Given his family situation and upbringing, it’s not surprising that religion could change the character of a guy like Hunt. Some strong foundation, moral building guidelines, boundary setting and positive reinforcement can make a significant impact on someone like him. I’m guessing you don’t think very highly of religion given the conclusion that you readily jumped to.

As to the 3 anger incidents, most people didn’t even know about the other two, and those who did didn’t give much significance to them (and reasonably so) until the video with the girl showed up. And even then, his physicality with her was very restrained given her repeated instigation and throwing the N word at Hunt multiple times after he was walking away, when all he wanted was her removed from an event she wasn’t invited to or welcome at, and being underaged put everyone there including himself at risk.

Given your tendency to jump to a conclusion and think the worst as you showed above, please don’t do the same with me in speaking to Hunt’s reaction to the girl at the party. I do not condone or support any violence towards women by men except in the most extreme circumstances, and her behavior in my opinion didn’t come close to those circumstances. Hunt was justifiably punished for his behavior, and he owned it afterwards. But given the circumstances at the event, while I will not in any way support or condone his actions against her, I also won’t overblow what he did and I understand why he was so angry.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 am

There are teams that probably won't sign him. There are also teams that would still love to have him. Tyreek and Mixon are still on the field. A 30 year old Aldon freakin Smith just got signed again. Anybody remember what that dudes rap sheet looks like? Hunt's PALES in comparison. Nothing he has done is unforgivable and he is far from a lost cause yet. If you're a risk averse owner then yeah, he's not for you. But the potential reward is big and easily enough for me to hold him. I believe he has an RB2/3 year and then has a 50/50 shot of being a lead back again.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Tyreek Hill almost killed his fiance and son when she was pregnant with him... then he went on to break his sons arm and cover it up... allegedly... and he was rewarded with a long term deal.

Pretty sure Hunt will always have a job in the NFL unless he can top that or fail to cover it up as well as Hill, allegedly, was able to.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 pm Tyreek Hill almost killed his fiance and son when she was pregnant with him... then he went on to break his sons arm and cover it up... allegedly... and he was rewarded with a long term deal.

Pretty sure Hunt will always have a job in the NFL unless he can top that or fail to cover it up as well as Hill, allegedly, was able to.
The bolded is just not true. It can not even be confirmed he was the alleged perpetrator.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:33 pm

smbkrypt24 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:53 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 pm Tyreek Hill almost killed his fiance and son when she was pregnant with him... then he went on to break his sons arm and cover it up... allegedly... and he was rewarded with a long term deal.

The bolded is just not true. It can not even be confirmed he was the alleged perpetrator.
Yeah, the only thing that was verified was that they believed a crime had been committed against the child, but they could not confirm which parent it was. The arm was said to not be the issue, but the welts etc. on the child. I am the first one to go against Hill, because I believe wholeheartedly that he and his former GF had both abused that child, but apparently the broken arm was not part of it, even according to authorities. It's probably best we don't breach this topic again for too long, as it went really bad for a long time on the board during the summer.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Lol that's some great story telling there 😂

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Between his pregnant ex gf incident and him on record telling his current gf that she should be scared of him there is enough for me to judge his character as a piece of bleep.
No need for hyperbole or throwing in rumours.