Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Sounds like he’s found a way to keep a lid on his anger.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm

broncohead wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:06 pm Whats his current value in rookie picks?
I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him. I'd imagine you could get him for that. Trying to figure out a suspension at this point is difficult. Video makes it a lot worse, as we have seen in the past, and with a prior history, that won't help.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm
broncohead wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:06 pm Whats his current value in rookie picks?
I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him. I'd imagine you could get him for that. Trying to figure out a suspension at this point is difficult. Video makes it a lot worse, as we have seen in the past, and with a prior history, that won't help.
I'd consider paying a late 2nd for Hunt. Even with the video, I don't think he'll get a full-year suspension. While I don't personally think Hunt will ever return to RB1 production, there are plenty out there who do. I'd bet you could flip him for profit in a few months.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

gabes1919
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gabes1919 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am

I sent out a 2021 2nd yesterday and was turned down. I wouldn't accept a 2nd for him, I'd hold. He's going to be fine and this won't really have an impact other than maybe a 2 game suspension if they test him
12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Jackson, Garoppolo, Herbert, Griffin III, Taylor, Mullens
RB: Chubb, Kamara, Washington, Swift
WR: Godwin, Lockett, Boyd, Metcalf, T.Williams, Pascal, Stills, A.Tate, Jeudy
TE: Waller, Griffin, Ebron, Herndon
2021 Picks: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th

12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Wilson, Brissett, Fitzpatrick, Herbert, Tagovailoa, Rivers, Mariota, PJ.Walker
RB: Gurley, Dobbins, Edwards, Hines, Du.Johnson, J.Williams
WR: Thomas, C.Ridley, Boyd, T.Higgins, Pittman, R.Higgins, Pascal, C.Phillips, D.Williams
TE: Higbee, Eifert
2020 done
2021 Picks: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 4th

14 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFFS
QB: Wilson, Fitzpatrick, Tayor, Griffin III, PJ.Walker
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, D.Montgomery, Drake, Burkhead, Collins
WR: Smith-Schuster, Metcalf, Renfrow, Aghelor, Gordon, D.Williams, Taylor, C.Phillips
TE: Higbee, Eifert
No 2020/2021 picks

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:47 am

Logically I don't see how he only gets a 2 game suspension unless Goodell doesn't want to make noise before CBA negotiations. There's video of him admitting to the weed & open container in his car. He's already in the program for the NFL so I think the video would suffice to come down on him. But this is Goodell so who knows.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:14 am

gabes1919 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am I sent out a 2021 2nd yesterday and was turned down. I wouldn't accept a 2nd for him, I'd hold. He's going to be fine and this won't really have an impact other than maybe a 2 game suspension if they test him
I don't agree. First off, regardless of testing, it's an issue under the personal conduct policy. Unfortunately, Hunt keeps getting caught on video. With a prior 8 game suspension, he will be punished more harshly than a first time offender, if they decide to punish him. The idea Hunt is going to be fine has no foundation to it. He's consistently shown he's not capable of staying out of trouble. I remember hearing the same thing when he was suspended for 8 games. Hunt will be lucky to be on the Browns, and if he is released, he may be unemployed for a while, until a team really becomes desperate for a RB. I can't see teams running to sign him with another suspension under his belt. He's a good back, but he's not a elite talent. RB being the most fungible position, I think he's walking a pretty thin line at this point. He's very lucky the cop let him off the hook, but I have doubts that the NFL will. It really depends on what was said in the original meeting for his 8 game suspension. If he gave any promises that he would not get into trouble with alcohol or weed, he will be missing time.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am

As others have said the issue isn’t so much that he’s been doing the weeds regardless of your individual feelings.
It’s the judgement around him smoking/drinking. He knows he’s in the system, he knows anything he does will go under a microscope, he knows he just needs a little time to make a TON of money. And he just seems like he doesn’t care.
He knows that smoking isn’t allowed, and he proceeds to drive in a way that would get him noticed with it in his car AND didn’t think to just put the bottle in his trunk. The worrisome part to me isn’t what he did, for 95% of the nfl we’d hardly mention it, it’s because it’s hunt and because to me it seems like he hasn’t learned and even humid nothing comes of this he seems like a time bomb.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm

I keep seeing people mention that Kareem Hunt is "already in the system"... I just wanted to highlight the bolded portion of the following Rotoworld blurb about Hunt:
In a police video of Kareem Hunt's Jan. 21 traffic stop obtained by TMZ Sports, Hunt admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."
Emotional throughout a lengthy conversation with the officer who pulled him over, Hunt said he had been "fighting a lot of (stuff) lately," and that his release from the Chiefs "still hurts me to this day." Hunt eventually admitted that the marijuana in his vehicle was his, but the officer decided to let him off with only a speeding ticket. The officer was aware of Hunt's off-the-field history, at one point even bringing up the Ray Rice incident while reminding Hunt of his second chance. It is unclear if the NFL will take action. Hunt has never been suspended under the substance-abuse policy.
I guess I always thought that not all suspensions fall into the same category, so I don't know that getting popped for a drug test automatically means he'll be suspended?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:43 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm I keep seeing people mention that Kareem Hunt is "already in the system"... I just wanted to highlight the bolded portion of the following Rotoworld blurb about Hunt:
In a police video of Kareem Hunt's Jan. 21 traffic stop obtained by TMZ Sports, Hunt admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."
Emotional throughout a lengthy conversation with the officer who pulled him over, Hunt said he had been "fighting a lot of (stuff) lately," and that his release from the Chiefs "still hurts me to this day." Hunt eventually admitted that the marijuana in his vehicle was his, but the officer decided to let him off with only a speeding ticket. The officer was aware of Hunt's off-the-field history, at one point even bringing up the Ray Rice incident while reminding Hunt of his second chance. It is unclear if the NFL will take action. Hunt has never been suspended under the substance-abuse policy.
I guess I always thought that not all suspensions fall into the same category, so I don't know that getting popped for a drug test automatically means he'll be suspended?
He could easily be hit under the personal conduct policy, which he has already been suspended under. That video is bad news for him. It really doesn't matter if he gets drug tested or not, IMO. The video is evidence enough for the NFL if they want to discipline him.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:47 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm I keep seeing people mention that Kareem Hunt is "already in the system"... I just wanted to highlight the bolded portion of the following Rotoworld blurb about Hunt:
While true, the NFL can still suspend him for this. And while his 8-game suspension was technically for a different type of offense, I would assume they will take into account his prior track record overall when weighing a potential punishment.

More importantly, this goes to show that alcohol is an issue for Hunt, as has been reported before.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:15 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:47 pm
While true, the NFL can still suspend him for this. And while his 8-game suspension was technically for a different type of offense, I would assume they will take into account his prior track record overall when weighing a potential punishment.

More importantly, this goes to show that alcohol is an issue for Hunt, as has been reported before.
It shows that boneheadedness is an issue for Hunt. I'm not sure what alchohol has to do with it.

The vodka thing seems way overblown. He wasn't driving under the influence. He didn't have the smell of alchohol in him. There was a bottle of closed alchohol in the backseat that the seal was broken on. The article uses "open container" to paint a picture as if he had an open bottle of vodka sitting in his cupholder that he was sipping on. The reality (transporting a bottle of alchohol that the seal had at some point been broken on) is something that we've likely all done.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:15 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:47 pm

It shows that boneheadedness is an issue for Hunt. I'm not sure what alchohol has to do with it.

The vodka thing seems way overblown. He wasn't driving under the influence. He didn't have the smell of alchohol in him. There was a bottle of closed alchohol in the backseat that the seal was broken on. The article uses "open container" to paint a picture as if he had an open bottle of vodka sitting in his cupholder that he was sipping on. The reality (transporting a bottle of alchohol that the seal had at some point been broken on) is something that we've likely all done.
While it's likely something we've all done, it's not really about the bottle being open in the back seat. It's about him already being on his second chance with the expectation he won't screw it up. If my boss told me to stay out of trouble or I'd lose my multi million dollar a year job, I'm pretty sure I'd not be getting in bar fights or pulled over with pot/alcohol in my car.

This is a character problem. He is a knucklehead, regardless of whether or not he did anything illegal. It's a matter of time.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Thank you!

This is exactly what I was going to say when reading through the thread. His hotel incident got him suspended under the Personal Conduct policy.

If they want to pop him for the Substances of Abuse policy, there are explicit rules spelling out how that process is handled. I.E. "X" happens for your first offense, "Y" happens for your second offense, etc... Until you end up like Josh Gordon, where each offense gets you booted from the league until/unless the commish decides to reinstate you.

As far as I know Hunt isn't in the Substances of Abuse program, and as a first time offender he would be subject to a fine and required to follow a treatment plan. This phase of the program lasts for 90 days. If he complies, and doesn't fail a league mandated drug test during that time, he would be released from "The Program".

For that reason, a suspension from this particular incident seems unlikely. But if he were to get caught again, different story.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:34 pm
Thank you!

This is exactly what I was going to say when reading through the thread. His hotel incident got him suspended under the Personal Conduct policy.

If they want to pop him for the Substances of Abuse policy, there are explicit rules spelling out how that process is handled. I.E. "X" happens for your first offense, "Y" happens for your second offense, etc... Until you end up like Josh Gordon, where each offense gets you booted from the league until/unless the commish decides to reinstate you.

As far as I know Hunt isn't in the Substances of Abuse program, and as a first time offender he would be subject to a fine and required to follow a treatment plan. This phase of the program lasts for 90 days. If he complies, and doesn't fail a league mandated drug test during that time, he would be released from "The Program".

For that reason, a suspension from this particular incident seems unlikely. But if he were to get caught again, different story.
He could get suspended under the personal conduct policy for this.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:34 pm
Thank you!

We have a pattern of destructive behavior - possibly fueled or exacerbated by the use of substances - that seems to be continuing. Whatever the technicalities are here, the underlying issue and long term risk of this asset is his continued awful decision making.