Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Hunt 8 Game Suspension - What Now?

Postby Ice » Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:48 am
Ice wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 am To put in perspective just how good Hunt is:

Hunt has had 453 carries for 2151 4.7 and 15 TD's
Hunt has had 79 receptions for 833 yards and 10 TD's.
Total 2984 Total Yards 25 TD's (27 Games) (1 fumble)

To put in perspective just how good Chubb is:

Chubb has had 192 carries 996 5.2 and 8 TD's
Chubb has had 20 receptions 149 2 TD's.
Total 1145 Total Yards 10 TD's (16 Games) (0 Fumble)

As to Value of Hunt..... He is worth way more to me than his current market value so I am not selling my shares of Hunt.
Counterpoint... stats per start, 2018 KC backfield:
RB A 18.6 touches per game 114.4 yards per game 1.6 TD per game
RB B 18.9 touches per game 109.3 yards per game 1.3 TD per game
RB C 17.5 touches per game 90.5 yards per game 0.5 TD per game
Guess which one is Hunt.
Don't care, Hunt actually led the league in rushing for a year already.

Points per touch if for those that know little to nothing about about fantasy football. A player could be a stud for 60 straight games vs a player that plays 2 or 3 games and looked great but sits on the bench for 5 years on either side of a stat taken completely out of context.

That stat metric is foolish and about the only time I see it is when the young, inexperienced, or both do not really have a legit understanding of talent but try to justify a trade or prop up a marginal talent.

Good Luck though selling that useless stat. :crazy:
Last edited by Ice on Tue May 14, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm

May be missing something but i think the above stat is just showing on field production. Nothing about points per touch. If anything, it shows how consistent the starting rb was regardless of who was plugged in. Each person can make of that whatever they like.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 am To put in perspective just how good Hunt is:

As to Value of Hunt..... He is worth way more to me than his current market value so I am not selling my shares of Hunt.
Guess which one is Hunt.

Points per touch if for those that know little to nothing about about fantasy football. A player could be a stud for 60 straight games vs a player that plays 2 or 3 games and looked great but sits on the bench for 5 years on either side of a stat taken completely out of context.

That stat metric is foolish and about the only time I see it is when the young, inexperienced, or both do not really have a legit understanding of talent but try to justify a trade or prop up a marginal talent.

Umm, he didn't even use points per touch. And he also stated it was for just 2018. For the same team.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

UATahoe wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm May be missing something but i think the above stat is just showing on field production. Nothing about points per touch. If anything, it shows how consistent the starting rb was regardless of who was plugged in. Each person can make of that whatever they like.
You are but that's okay. What that poster is attempting to do is somehow trying to claim D. Williams is as a good a player as Hunt because he strung a couple good games together over his storied career of 77 games with 3 that total games that the player exceeded 77 yards rushing.

I have been doing this fantasy game for so long it is pretty easy to read between the lines.

Don't believe me? Go waste a few minutes and look at the KC RB's last season.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm
UATahoe wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm May be missing something but i think the above stat is just showing on field production. Nothing about points per touch. If anything, it shows how consistent the starting rb was regardless of who was plugged in. Each person can make of that whatever they like.
You are but that's okay. What that poster is attempting to do is somehow trying to claim D. Williams is as a good a player as Hunt because he strung a couple good games together over his storied career of 77 games with 3 that total games that the player exceeded 77 yards rushing.

I have been doing this fantasy game for so long it is pretty easy to read between the lines.

Cool. So my takeaway from the stat was simply the consistency of touches the KC rb1 received and the fact that the production from that position in that offense was relatively consistent regardless of the runner. 2 different ways to look at it but i definitely dont view it as a talent comparison. Just my personal opinion.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm

You posted Hunt's raw stats saying you were adding context or perspective. I thought that was misleading, so I added the counterpoint perspective, which is: how did other RBs do in the same situation as Hunt? That's got to be more relevant than how Hunt did 2 years ago vs. what Chubb did last year on a terrible Browns team, right?

Not arguing Williams is as talented as Hunt, but I do think you are overstating Hunt's talent. You seem a bit incensed, but my post wasn't meant to be attacking.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

turkjetfan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby turkjetfan » Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 pm

I’m buying Hunt. People forget how good he is and 8 games is easy to get impatient with.

Just did
Fournette Watkins crowder

For

Hunt landry Dion Tyrell 2020 2 and 2020 3 (both higher end)
14 team 1 pt PPR

QB: Baker, Darnold
RB: Kareem, Miles Sanders, Darrell Henderson, Ito Smith, Jay Ajayi, Damien Harris, CJ Anderson, Dion Lewis, Corey Clement
WR: Jarvis, DK Metcalf, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncrief, David Moore, Hakeem Butler, Miles Boykin, Scott Miller, Anthony Johnson
TE: Hooper, Doyle, Jace Sternberger

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 14, 2019 12:40 pm

UATahoe wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Cool. So my takeaway from the stat was simply the consistency of touches the KC rb1 received and the fact that the production from that position in that offense was relatively consistent regardless of the runner. 2 different ways to look at it but i definitely dont view it as a talent comparison. Just my personal opinion.
That's okay. It's a pretty simple stat in the grand scheme but it doesn't really consider in depth comparison's of defenses faced, specific game plan against teams or talent over time vs each player compared.

I read similar posts in a another thread regarding this type of metric for Williams; Sure sounds like the same duck quacking to me.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Guess which one is Hunt.

Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm You are but that's okay. What that poster is attempting to do is somehow trying to claim D. Williams is as a good a player as Hunt because he strung a couple good games together over his storied career of 77 games with 3 that total games that the player exceeded 77 yards rushing.

Yeah, I am new at this and youthfully naive because I had a different view than you. :lol:
Also uh... where did I say points per touch? Maybe if you read the actual lines instead of in between them you would have not made yourself look so silly.

By the way, that is 11 starts for Hunt (A), 5 starts for Williams (B), and 2 starts for Ware (C, but he did leave early in the 2nd one, so it's probably a little skewed down). We are not talking 77 games vs 3 here.

If you're using raw stats to say how much better than Chubb Hunt is, then I think the stats of his backfield mates in the same situation are relevant.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Guess which one is Hunt.

Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm You are but that's okay. What that poster is attempting to do is somehow trying to claim D. Williams is as a good a player as Hunt because he strung a couple good games together over his storied career of 77 games with 3 that total games that the player exceeded 77 yards rushing.

Yeah, I am new at this and youthfully naive because I had a different view than you. :lol:
Also uh... where did I say points per touch? Maybe if you read the actual lines instead of in between them you would have not made yourself look so silly.

By the way, that is 11 starts for Hunt (A), 5 starts for Williams (B), and 2 starts for Ware (C, but he did leave early in the 2nd one, so it's probably a little skewed down). We are not talking 77 games vs 3 here.

If you're using raw stats to say how much better than Chubb Hunt is, then I think the stats of his backfield mates in the same situation are relevant.
First off I never said Hunt was much better than Chubb but I was looking at the quality of both backs and relative downstream value of two very good players from an NFL perspective. The stats provided were intended to show Hunt's NFL career stats as a comparative value to how this player performed as an extended starter. The point was Hunt's value as a starter and it is obvious that one of those backs will be traded or should be traded after the 2019 season. It wasn't about which KC back did what.

Secondly, anytime a post is made showing touches per game comparing 3 players over an extremely limited sample size of the season it is pretty useless data. It is a points per touch argument.

The simple fact of the matter, Hunt lost a job because he was an idiot that made a bad decision. Anyone who really believes that the comparison you laid out would have impacted which of those was the clear starter In KC would be not sharing the drugs they were taking.

Third, I am done with you as the post was not relevant in any way but you are free to have your own views regardless if they mean nothing or not I guess so keep using whatever metrics make you happy.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm Secondly, anytime a post is made showing touches per game comparing 3 players over an extremely limited sample size of the season it is pretty useless data. It is a points per touch argument.
I posted yardage and TDs per game they started. Hunt started 11, Williams started 5. How is that at all related to points per touch?
Ice wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm Third, I am done with you as the post was not relevant in any way but you are free to have your own views regardless if they mean nothing or not I guess so keep using whatever metrics make you happy.
It was relevant in that it gave context to the raw numbers you were posting. You seemed to think I was saying a myriad of other things by posting the numbers, but I just think it's important to note that the KC situation was very very good for Hunt. A scrub RB like Williams performing at the same level for half the time is at least a little concerning where I own Hunt.

Anyway, enjoy yourself, I am not trying to start any fights. It's a magic football message board in May after all. No point being here if it's not enjoyable :shrug:

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 14, 2019 10:52 pm

I like Hunt a lot, but would not pass up on that offer I dont think.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 am

So Kitchens and Dorsey (head coach and GM) attended Hunt's baptism and I am sorry if this offends anyone but I find the lengths the NFL has started to go on player conduct hilarious. Regardless of your religious viewpoints this can't be seen as anything more than a PR stunt (do you really think the GM is just out here attending random player baptisms?). We got PR stunt disciplines by the league, PR stunt rehabilitations by teams... just stop already. It's supposed to be football, not some weird alternative court of human moral conduct
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am

_yeti wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 am So Kitchens and Dorsey (head coach and GM) attended Hunt's baptism and I am sorry if this offends anyone but I find the lengths the NFL has started to go on player conduct hilarious. Regardless of your religious viewpoints this can't be seen as anything more than a PR stunt (do you really think the GM is just out here attending random player baptisms?). We got PR stunt disciplines by the league, PR stunt rehabilitations by teams... just stop already. It's supposed to be football, not some weird alternative court of human moral conduct
When I saw the headline I just laughed

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon May 20, 2019 4:28 pm

_yeti wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 am So Kitchens and Dorsey (head coach and GM) attended Hunt's baptism and I am sorry if this offends anyone but I find the lengths the NFL has started to go on player conduct hilarious. Regardless of your religious viewpoints this can't be seen as anything more than a PR stunt (do you really think the GM is just out here attending random player baptisms?). We got PR stunt disciplines by the league, PR stunt rehabilitations by teams... just stop already. It's supposed to be football, not some weird alternative court of human moral conduct
Wouldn't shock me if Dorsey put him up to it.