Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby Bot101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 pm Please trade Duke to the eagles or Texans
Please not the eagles. Im done with that backfield.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 pm Please trade Duke to the eagles or Texans
Or the Lions or Packers or Niners or Chargers or Tampa.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 am

I own Chubb in one league and Hunt in my other.

To say I'm disappointed in how this played out would be an understatement.

There were so many places Hunt could have gone where he would have been THE man when he returned from suspension. Now? It's anyone's guess. Chubb has the ability to be a top 5 RB in the NFL...and so does Hunt. Now? They both fall out of top 10 production when both are available for the Browns on the sideline.

Complete and utter disappointment.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 pm Ugh. Don't like it for Hunt. The good news is this likely means the Browns and other teams were optimistic about his opportunity to play in 2019, thus the Browns likely felt they could get a steal in talent if they acted early, even if it was a position of relative strength. Maybe he's dealt after the suspension is handed down?
This is what I'm hoping. Could it be possible that the Browns will look to trade either Hunt or Chubb after Hunt becomes eligible? It's entirely possible that chess is being played here. I mean, any team would trade cash for draft picks if they could. This is one way of potentially doing that.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 am

Just another indication that Dorsey as a GM plays Chess in a Checkers world.

This is a very low risk move for the Browns and gets Hunt back in the league to serve his suspension and perhaps restart his career. Hunt has to be elated to be thrown a lifeline. The Browns will have to pay him 4-6 games most likely then can sign him at the end of the season or trade him.

On the business side this is really smart. The Browns have an opportunity to turn a vet minimum into an asset, they have an opportunity to move D. Johnson, or even Chubb downstream.

The reality is Hunt was putting up massive stud numbers and led the league in rushing and made the pro bowl in 2017. Is he better than Chubb? Good bet he is but even if not he is close on the talent front so if he turns it around everyone wins with little to no risk by the Browns.

Obviously fantasy owners are running around with their hair on fire but Hunt and the Browns are happy today.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

Blueboy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm I actually kind of like it as a Chubb owner who probably won't be ready to compete next year. Let me keep seeing how good he is, but don't wear him out just yet.

Compiled some quotes from Dorsey's press conference (I've got to watch the thing anyway) in case it's of interest to anyone:

"I think we're all appaled by him [Hunt], but I'm willing to help him be a better man."

"This is no guarantee. Trust has to be earned." Said that Hunt is on a "zero-tolerance" policy.

Called Hunt a "long-term" project.

"I don't think it makes him [Duke Johnson] expendable... yet."

"[Hunt] doesn't have an issue with alcohol, I don't think."

I think I heard Dorsey say that he talked to a lot of people about the issue, but not the victim (?). That seems strange.
That's a worrisome quote to me by Dorsey. I think Hunt's exact issue is with alcohol. He has 3 incidents, and all three of them involve Hunt not just getting drunk, but getting drunk and violent and looking for a fight and not backing down (even when three buddies are literally trying to drag him away from a girl).

Hunt doesn't have a domestic violence problem, or a woman hating problem. He has a problem of becoming aggressive when drunk. There's certainly solutions to fix that, but not if the guy giving him his 2nd chance tells him the alcohol isn't a major part of the problem.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 am Just another indication that Dorsey as a GM plays Chess in a Checkers world.

This is a very low risk move for the Browns and gets Hunt back in the league to serve his suspension and perhaps restart his career. Hunt has to be elated to be thrown a lifeline. The Browns will have to pay him 4-6 games most likely then can sign him at the end of the season or trade him.

On the business side this is really smart. The Browns have an opportunity to turn a vet minimum into an asset, they have an opportunity to move D. Johnson, or even Chubb downstream.

The reality is Hunt was putting up massive stud numbers and led the league in rushing and made the pro bowl in 2017. Is he better than Chubb? Good bet he is but even if not he is close on the talent front so if he turns it around everyone wins with little to no risk by the Browns.

Obviously fantasy owners are running around with their hair on fire but Hunt and the Browns are happy today.
Actually theres a better bet he isnt as talented as Chubb. His numbers look as fantastic as they do because he landed in one of the top 3 situations for RBs. He wasnt a top prospect going into college or coming into the NFL. This is partially proven by the fact that other RBs are succeeding in near lock step with Hunt in the same system.

My take is this is a sign and flip on Hunt. They can sign him for nearly nothing and when the time is right flip him for picks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am
Ice wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 am Just another indication that Dorsey as a GM plays Chess in a Checkers world.

Actually theres a better bet he isnt as talented as Chubb. His numbers look as fantastic as they do because he landed in one of the top 3 situations for RBs. He wasnt a top prospect going into college or coming into the NFL. This is partially proven by the fact that other RBs are succeeding in near lock step with Hunt in the same system.

My take is this is a sign and flip on Hunt. They can sign him for nearly nothing and when the time is right flip him for picks.
I think Chubb is better,too. Top graded back by PPF last year, and we all know the type of prospect he was at Georgia. A journeyman liek Damien Williams can step right into that KC offense and put up similar numbers. KC is a great situation for a RB. Andy Reid's offense has been for a long time. Hunt is still talented, but I don't think he's on the level of Chubb's talent.

Cleveland is already taking a big PR hit with this from a lot of fans. I think they made a mistake.

To FF, as a Chubb owner, all you can do is have confidence that Chubb plays as well as he did, or better, so that by the time Hunt comes back after, 8, 10, 12 games, whatever, he will not gain much of a role. I think that is quite likely, although I could see Duke losing time, or being used in the slot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 am

Yes 100%. I think Hunt is better than Williams or Ware or West. But he is not the talent that Chubb is.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 pm Didn't the kicking a woman incident happen in Cleveland??? That's just gonna make the PR headache worse
Don't think Cleveland will mind much :ewink:
If you haven't seen these, treat yourself, you're welcome:

Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am

Not to turn this into a Chubb/Hunt debate but Dorsey picked up both. Bottom line Hunt has a Pro Bowl and rushing title. KC wasn't the same without Hunt.

I agree the grand plan is to flip one of these backs including Johnson. The wildcard is Chubb given he would bring a higher return in 2020 even if Hunt gets his life straightened out which today is a a big if.

Regardless, very smart move by Dorsey.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:34 am

FullChubb wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm Wow I made this account 3 days ago. RIP my username already.
HalfChubb?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:28 am

Yes Chubb was pff top graded back last year but if I’m not mistaken Hunt was the top graded back two years ago and number 5 or 6 last year. Personally think Hunt is a better pass catcher and pass blocker right now and has better contact balance but it’s very obvious Chubb is talented in his own right. If I was Cleveland I would keep both and move duke
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am

C_n_red_again wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:28 am Yes Chubb was pff top graded back last year but if I’m not mistaken Hunt was the top graded back two years ago and number 5 or 6 last year. Personally think Hunt is a better pass catcher and pass blocker right now and has better contact balance but it’s very obvious Chubb is talented in his own right. If I was Cleveland I would keep both and move duke
I agree.
One thing about Hunt is he is tough and durable. If he was the RB for the rams he would have carried the ball all the way thru the playoffs and super bowl.
Add that to his talent (top 5) and it makes him very valuable. How often our stud players wear down in the playoffs. To have one that doesn’t is a nice asset. I’m not saying he’s not subject to possible injury, just less so than most others, imo.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Certainly can't hurt. I'm sure he came dirt cheap. It's a nice insurance policy if they can't upgrade at WR. Landry isn't a #1 and Higgins is probably a #3. Don't even get me started on Perriman. Njoku I don't have a ton of faith in.