Hunt 8 Game Suspension - What Now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
schmidt425
Role Player
Role Player

Hunt 8 Game Suspension - What Now?

Postby schmidt425 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 am

So Kareem Hunt got 8 games, as expected.

What do we think his value is now?
Yippee Ki Yay Justin Tucker
12 team .5 PPR SF - 30 roster spots
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K, 1 D/ST.

QB: R. Wilson, C. Wentz, Jimmy G., T. Hill, M. Barkley
RB: Zeke Elliot, David Johnson, A. Jones, D. Freeman, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ware, K. Dixon
WR: A. Brown, M. Thomas, OBJ, K. Allen, S. Diggs, T. Boyd, MVS, J. Crowder, M. Goodwin, J. Reynolds, T. Sharpe
TE: T. Kelce, J. Reed, B. Jarwin, G. Everett, D. Harris
K: J. Tucker, M. Crosby
D/ST: Eagles, Jets

Deshaun of the Dead
12 team PPR - 25 roster spots
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex

QB: D. Watson, S. Darnold, J. Rosen,
RB: D. Freeman, D'Onta Foreman, Ronald Jones, K, Ballage, N. Hines, T.J. Yeldon, J. Kelly, R. Smith
WR: D. Hopkins, OBJ, K. Golladay, C. Kirk, K. Coutee, J. Reynolds, G. Allison, D. Parker, Demarcus Robinson, Bruce Ellington
TE: V. McDonald, T. Burton, D. Goedert, Jonnu Smith
Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 2020 1st, 3rd, 3rd

My BallZach Ertz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Hunt 8 Game Suspension - What Now?

Postby My BallZach Ertz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 am

Hunt is probably a buy low for me right now if you can. Best case scenario is he gets traded to a RB needy team and will be a stud. I see this as the highest probability of outcomes if I was betting on the situation.
Dynasty Team #1 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Dalvin and the CHAMPmunks

:dance: 2018 Champions:dance:

QB: Watson, Rivers
RB: Cook, Mixon, Michel, Yeldon, J. Adams, Clement
WR: T. Hill, K. Allen, Golladay, Ridley, Lockett, Z. Jones, D. Thomas, Coleman, Lasley, Berrios
TE: Kittle, Ebron, Walker, Gesicki, J. Smith
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Dynasty Team #2 2019 Orphan Takeover 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex

Full Chubb Ahead

QB: Winston, Mariota, Flacco, Manning
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Sanders, Montgomery, Samuels, Blue
WR: OBJ, Diggs, Ridley, Kirk, Enunwa, Sanu, Agholor, T. Taylor, Tre Smith, Coleman
TE: Kittle, Engram, Shaheen
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

abloom
All Pro
All Pro

Postby abloom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am

schmidt425 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 am
So Kareem Hunt got 8 games, as expected.

What do we think his value is now?
The same as we thought it was when we were thinking he was getting between an 8 and 10 game suspension.

If you want to buy him, argue that he's suspended, behind chubb, and can easily still be on the browns next year, or for the foreseeable future due to him being a restricted free agent next year.

If you are selling him, argue that the suspension was only 8 games and he'll be around for playoffs, and that the browns will either trade him to a RB needy team, or an RB needy team will offer him such a contract that the browns can't match it next year.

I'd value him as an early 1st.
Team #1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5ppr for te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Rivers, Haskins
RB: C McCaffrey, Guice, Peterson, Hunt, McKinnon, Ajayi, Samuels, B Anderson, R Anderson
WR: D Hopkins, M Evans, Edelman, C Kirk, K Couttee, C Samuel, Allison, Gordon
TE: Rudolph, Goedert
DST: NE
K: Zurlein

2020 picks: rounds 1,2,4,5,6,7
-------------------------------------------------
Team #2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5ppr for te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1superflex, 1flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Wilson, Luck, Darnold, Murray
RB: Ingram, D. Freeman, Breida, Murray, J. Hill, D. Thopson, Ballage, B Anderson
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Miller, Pettis, Gordon
TE: McDonald, Fant
K: Crosby
DST: Bal

2020 picks: 1st, 2x 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

jetsfan5757
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am

My BallZach Ertz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 am
Hunt is probably a buy low for me right now if you can. Best case scenario is he gets traded to a RB needy team and will be a stud. I see this as the highest probability of outcomes if I was betting on the situation.
My opinion as well until the recent news that they are shopping Duke. Why trade Duke if they are going to trade Hunt as well?

Could indicate that Chubb will be a 3 down back and they will bring in a cheaper backup RB option. Could be because Landry will play more in slot with OBJ in town. I guess if they trade Duke and Hunt is suspended for 8 games they HAVE to bring in another RB via draft, trade or FA signing (Crowell comes back? Bilal Powell - better pass catcher and pass pro? RB from SF?).

In a way I answered my own question. Guess they don't want to pay Duke and would rather bring in a cheaper option, but they do HAVE to bring in someone if they trade Duke due to Hunt's suspension. I still think Hunt gets traded sooner than later. I always thought they brought him in to ease his transition back into NFL and they would get a pick in return when they helped him land with his future team. Long winded way of saying I still agree I guess. :lol: :thumbup:
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring)
QB (1): Luck, Winston
RB (3): David Johnson, N. Chubb, D. Guice, D. Henry, T. Coleman, L. Miller, C. Thompson, E. McGuire, I. Crowell, D'Onta Foreman, K. Ballage
WR (3): D. Hopkins, M. Evans, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, D.J. Moore, Q. Enunwa
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, C. Ozumah, J. Smith
K (1): Some guy

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): Luke Kuechly
DL (1): JJ Watt

Ice
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

My BallZach Ertz wrote:
Key words " If you Can"

As a Hunt owner, I sure won't be selling low. He is an outstanding talent. He is saying all the right things. Come week 9 he will be out there and his value will skyrocket. He is not a backup type player.

jcc6fd
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

This seems like the best possible (realistic) news for Hunt’s fantasy prospects. Probably best to see the situation play out if you’re an owner because his value won’t go down, and there are many scenarios in which it can go up.

If you were in the market to buy a window has now closed to get at a lower price because the suspension announcement now assures he’ll be back. I’d probably not want to invest a lot with all this uncertainty, but if there’s a worried owner out there who’d take a late first that could pay huge dividends.
10 Team Non-PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold
RB: Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, Hunt, Yeldon, Bernard, M. Brown
WR: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS, J. Reynolds, D. Robinson
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am

As a Chubb owner, I think Hunt will eat into his touches. I think there will be weeks where Hunt outscores and outtouches Chubb. I am a huge Chubb fan and had him 1.02 all last year and really enjoyed watching his games and those long runs. That said, in dynasty I know the dream is the 350 touch guys...Chubb wont be that anymore, But I think he has shown he can perform well in a tandem situation. He remains a rb1 guy for me..I think he'll be a solidly low end rb 1 by scoring. I dont know that it would be detrimental to his output over the length of his career. ..less wear and tear and all that. Anecdotally, I also think competition is good for rbs

If I can buy Hunt for low end rb2 prices, I would do that. If you can get past what he did,, he'll get his shot to resurrect his career and do well with it. FWIW, I dont ever think he'll be a top 5 rb scorer again..being the KC Chiefs rb inflated his output somewhat over what i think it'll be going forward.

tperry14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tperry14 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:10 am

I think Hunt is a solid hold right now. His value isn't going any further down. It'll only increase over time so if you can find a guy that has him cheap go ahead but if I owned him I would not be moving him right now
1st year, 12-Man, 0.5 ppr, ret yards, 30 man roster, 1-2 QB, 3-5 RB, 4-6 WR, 1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Brady, Jackson, Bradford, Bridgewater, Peterman, Foles
RB- K. Johnson, A. Jones, Buck, Ballage, Dixon, R.Jones, Kelly, Martin, Morris, Powell
WR- Golladay, Kupp, Gordon, Kirk, Snead, Amendola, Berrios, Pascal, Ja. Brown
TE- Hooper,, Everett, Gathers, Walker
2019: 1,1,2,3,5
2020: 1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am
My BallZach Ertz wrote:
Key words " If you Can"

As a Hunt owner, I sure won't be selling low. He is an outstanding talent. He is saying all the right things. Come week 9 he will be out there and his value will skyrocket. He is not a backup type player.
I think on his current team he is. I just don't see him beating out Chubb, but we'll see.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am

captain howdy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am
As a Chubb owner, I think Hunt will eat into his touches. I think there will be weeks where Hunt outscores and outtouches Chubb. I am a huge Chubb fan and had him 1.02 all last year and really enjoyed watching his games and those long runs. That said, in dynasty I know the dream is the 350 touch guys...Chubb wont be that anymore, But I think he has shown he can perform well in a tandem situation. He remains a rb1 guy for me..I think he'll be a solidly low end rb 1 by scoring. I dont know that it would be detrimental to his output over the length of his career. ..less wear and tear and all that. Anecdotally, I also think competition is good for rbs

If I can buy Hunt for low end rb2 prices, I would do that. If you can get past what he did,, he'll get his shot to resurrect his career and do well with it. FWIW, I dont ever think he'll be a top 5 rb scorer again..being the KC Chiefs rb inflated his output somewhat over what i think it'll be going forward.
As a fellow Chubb owner I disagree with the notion that Hunt will ever out touch or outscore Chubb barring injury. All the evidence shows that Chubb is better than Hunt and also will be the guy in Cleveland.

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd by Dorsey. Well Chubb was also drafted by Dorsey, except at the top of the 2nd. So draft pedigree belongs to Chubb.

Hunt is a great receiver. Well yes and no. He was dangerous in space but he isnt out there running routes like the Kamara/Bells of the league. Heres a great breakdown of Hunt

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... he_madman/

Ware, West and Williams all produced solid fantasy numbers in the same system. Hunt is above average in talent, but Chubb has much better talent.

Hunt is not allowed contact or access to the teams facility or playbook. Yet hes going to magically walk in and force a time share after nearly 2 years of no football and unfamiliar with the system and lack of chemistry with the offense?

Chubb was elite in college pre injury, and still better than Hunt post injury. Hunt has average athleticism vs Chubb who would have been the talk of the combine if not for Barkley.

When Kitchens took over he basically used Chubb and mothballed Duke. And Duke is a better receiver than Hunt or Chubb, yet rode the bench. This should indicate how Kitchens will use Chubb. I just dont see how Hunt has a chance on forcing a time share let alone even take the job from Chubb. Hes an above average back who had his numbers inflated by the offense he was on. A breakdown of Chubbs numbers when he became the starter showed he wasnt just good, he was one of the best.

So please someone share some piece of evidence than indicates otherwise. To me this will be a sign and flip for draft picks or a release when his contract is up. Letting him recoup his value and sign somewhere else will net the Browns a nice compensatory pick.
TEAM 1
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 team, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Dak Prescott

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Demarcus Robinson, Darius Slayton

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Miles Sanders, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Duke Johnson Jr,
Darwin Thompson, Dexter Williams, Rodney Anderson, Trayveon Williams, Devine Ozigbo, Alex Barnes

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert, Jack Doyle

TEAM 2
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/SFLX/FLX/FLX
12 team, full PPR

QB: Mahomes, Luck, Prescott, Grier

WR: Diggs, Godwin, Davis, Boyd, Callaway

RB: Murray, Hines, Ballage, Samuels, CJA, Edmonds, Dexter Williams, Barnes, Thompson, Ozigbo, Ty Johnson

TE: Howard, Goedert, Hockenson

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am
Ice wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am
My BallZach Ertz wrote:
Key words " If you Can"

I think on his current team he is. I just don't see him beating out Chubb, but we'll see.
I think his situation in KC elevated his status more than his own ability. I don't think he is who everyone thinks he is. He's a solid back but he isn't elite without the right situation. If he landed in the right place I'd buy, but I'm not risking a poor landing spot buying him while he's still a Brown.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

ninotoreS
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Short enough a suspension that Duke can be traded mid-season.

As for Chubb... well, I'm hesitant to call it outright before I see Hunt playing in a system other than the KC's, but suffice it to say that if Hunt retains the form he had in KC as a Brown, then Chubb and Hunt will probably rotate a lot. They could alternate entire drives.

When I think of Chubb's future, I can't help but have Todd Gurley's recent example come to mind. Chubb is great right now, but he did have a very serious knee injury in college. Recent examples like Gurley and Ajayi have shown me that there's a chance it will ultimately shorten Chubb's pro career. Not soon, but... maybe it could become a factor by his mid-20s?

So it makes sense from the Chiefs' perspective to not throw a bellcow workload at Chubb if they don't have to. Having him part of a two-man committee where the other guy is as good or almost as good as him could substantially lengthen his window of peak athleticism. With this in mind if KC can re-sign Hunt to an affordable multi-year deal next off-season, it could be a good idea from a real football perspective. Emphasis on affordable, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

darewood11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am
captain howdy wrote:

As a fellow Chubb owner I disagree with the notion that Hunt will ever out touch or outscore Chubb barring injury. All the evidence shows that Chubb is better than Hunt and also will be the guy in Cleveland.

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd by Dorsey. Well Chubb was also drafted by Dorsey, except at the top of the 2nd. So draft pedigree belongs to Chubb.

Hunt is a great receiver. Well yes and no. He was dangerous in space but he isnt out there running routes like the Kamara/Bells of the league. Heres a great breakdown of Hunt

Ware, West and Williams all produced solid fantasy numbers in the same system. Hunt is above average in talent, but Chubb has much better talent.

Hunt is not allowed contact or access to the teams facility or playbook. Yet hes going to magically walk in and force a time share after nearly 2 years of no football and unfamiliar with the system and lack of chemistry with the offense?

Chubb was elite in college pre injury, and still better than Hunt post injury. Hunt has average athleticism vs Chubb who would have been the talk of the combine if not for Barkley.

When Kitchens took over he basically used Chubb and mothballed Duke. And Duke is a better receiver than Hunt or Chubb, yet rode the bench. This should indicate how Kitchens will use Chubb. I just dont see how Hunt has a chance on forcing a time share let alone even take the job from Chubb. Hes an above average back who had his numbers inflated by the offense he was on. A breakdown of Chubbs numbers when he became the starter showed he wasnt just good, he was one of the best.

So please someone share some piece of evidence than indicates otherwise. To me this will be a sign and flip for draft picks or a release when his contract is up. Letting him recoup his value and sign somewhere else will net the Browns a nice compensatory pick.
Nearly 2 years off from football????? Not even 1 full year man. I dont think it'a that far fetched to say there will be weeks when hunt outscores chubb. Well see if chubb leads the league in rushing. Chiefs system was good but ware west Williams will never lead the league in rushing. Sorry.
10 team standard 25 man roster
1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 3flex

Qb-luck winston
Rb-hunt A.Jones michel kerryon ajayi penny jones crowell breida dixon
Wr-diggs landry kupp watkins robbie anderson j. brown parker hamilton doctson taylor cain
Te-burton gesicki

Team 2
12 team ppr 25 man roster 
1qb 1rb 1wr 1te 4 flex
Qb Wentz Winston Rosen
Rb cook mixon penny sanders mckinnon
Wr DJ moore sutton kirk metcalf aj brown whiteside isabella callaway grant zay jones moore reynolds chark coleman cantrell Watson
Te engram akins knox

Team 3
12 team 1qb 1rb 1 qr 1te 3 flex 1 dst 1k

Qb-rivers eli
Rb-miller burkhead bernard peterson Jackson scott lynch
Wr-adams allen edelman shepard j. Brown ross beasley Bourne cantrell james sanders lazard
Te-andrews hurst McDonald doyle
Dst-chargers ravens

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:34 pm

darewood11 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am
captain howdy wrote:

Nearly 2 years off from football????? Not even 1 full year man. I dont think it'a that far fetched to say there will be weeks when hunt outscores chubb. Well see if chubb leads the league in rushing. Chiefs system was good but ware west Williams will never lead the league in rushing. Sorry.
1 year my bad. But the fact that one overlook in my entire argument is all you could find to support Hunt shows that you really have nothing at all. Yes it is far fetched. Hunt is good, not great. Williams stepped into his shoes and the offense barely missed a beat.
TEAM 1
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 team, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Dak Prescott

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Demarcus Robinson, Darius Slayton

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Miles Sanders, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Duke Johnson Jr,
Darwin Thompson, Dexter Williams, Rodney Anderson, Trayveon Williams, Devine Ozigbo, Alex Barnes

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert, Jack Doyle

TEAM 2
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/SFLX/FLX/FLX
12 team, full PPR

QB: Mahomes, Luck, Prescott, Grier

WR: Diggs, Godwin, Davis, Boyd, Callaway

RB: Murray, Hines, Ballage, Samuels, CJA, Edmonds, Dexter Williams, Barnes, Thompson, Ozigbo, Ty Johnson

TE: Howard, Goedert, Hockenson

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

I don't think hunt will outscore Chubb on the season.

But per game...random occurrences. Yeah I think that Hunt possesses that type of skill and ability.

The Browns didn't take on the risk...drama...and publicity of Hunt to not use him. A best case for Hunt is he shows enough to earn a hot hand approach by the Browns...but realistically..hell steal a series or so to start his role..and it could grow into a full blown rbbc.

And if Hunt gets the TD on his series, he could easily outscore Chubb that game