Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Rojo Value

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm Coogan never backed anything up with objective research, and was lying whenever he claimed he did. Caught him at it more than once.

And I think people tend to conflate "informed, and confident about it" with "loud."

With that being said. I will forever assert that Ronald Jones' college tape was excellent. A list of respected published tape grinders agree. I had him as RB4 in last year's class before the red flags started waving after OTAs, and I would have had him as RB3 if he had the same tape with ten more pounds on his frame.
I thought his highlights looked good at a glance but when I studied his tape in detail with a lot of stops every few seconds I thought it was below average personally.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm Coogan never backed anything up with objective research, and was lying whenever he claimed he did.

And I think people tend to conflate "informed, and confident about it" with "loud."
Yup. Whether you like the delivery or not, there is thought put into his posts. Let’s not be attacking each other.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm He is 21. We play dynasty. We don't play redraft.
This community seems to be getting worse and worse with this mentality over time.
Not just regarding RoJo; just regarding young players and patience overall.
I concur. It seems that instant gratification has become an epidemic.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm
JFever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm He is 21. We play dynasty. We don't play redraft.
This community seems to be getting worse and worse with this mentality over time.
I understand where you are coming from and perhaps you’re speaking more broadly, however some of us were disregarding RoJo from the beginning. It’s not a patience issue if you don’t expect much from them in the first place.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm

After a lot of praise from his coaches in the last month or so, another little tidbit about RoJo, this time from Jameis:

https://twitter.com/carmiev/status/1133 ... 45089?s=21

Doesn’t mean a ton by itself, but he is still only 21 and hasn’t gotten a fair shot yet. All signs point towards him being the guy in TB, and his price is basement level currently. Buy now
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue May 28, 2019 2:15 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:06 pm After a lot of praise from his coaches in the last month or so, another little tidbit about RoJo, this time from Jameis:

https://twitter.com/carmiev/status/1133 ... 45089?s=21

Doesn’t mean a ton by itself, but he is still only 21 and hasn’t gotten a fair shot yet. All signs point towards him being the guy in TB, and his price is basement level currently. Buy now
I don't know about him being the guy. It sounds like the coaching staff is sold on Barber being the guy, but anything could happen.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 28, 2019 2:19 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm
With that having been said. I will forever assert that Ronald Jones' college tape was excellent. A list of respected published tape grinders agree. I had him as RB4 in last year's class before the red flags started waving after OTAs, and I would have had him as RB3 if he had the same tape with ten more pounds on his frame.
I agree with this. Overall I really liked what I saw. He did have some incredibly boneheaded plays too so I understand if people didn't like it. It's just really hard to tell sometimes what will carry over into the NFL and what won't. Film grinding is more art than science unfortunately. Another aspect is mental makeup, something we would know very little about. In theory you could have 2 identical prospects with 2 identical game films out there and they will become completely different players in the NFL.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

I understand where you are coming from and perhaps you’re speaking more broadly, however some of us were disregarding RoJo from the beginning. It’s not a patience issue if you don’t expect much from them in the first place.
Yeah I am only talking about people who wanted & drafted / bought Ronald Jones or another player. If you as a dynasty owner had no real interest in him then there is no reason to have patience. However there is obviously a difference between legit disregarding, and working overtime to push the price down to buy him on the cheap. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm

The "Peyton Barber is our guy" talk is going to fade fast when they quickly realize he is average at best. Coachspeak from a new coach before his team has even hit the field.. I would never trust it, regardless.

RoJo gets a fresh start here and has been catching the ball a lot apparently. Involvement from the running backs in the receiving game is something they lacked last year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm

If you drafted Rojo early, you have to hold. He's not looking like he will ever return your first round value, but maybe he can be part of a committee. Although Barber is an average back, he was still better in most, if nota all aspects of football to Rojo last year. I think the most likely scenario is that the Bucs draft a RB next year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 28, 2019 3:31 pm

Without getting too much into it - I think the NFL hit RoJo like a ton of bricks last year. He had to deal with injuries and when he did play; he was playing behind a bottom-2 run blocking team in the league after coming from college where he was used to the open holes. His run style was not designed for that poor of an offensive line whereas Barber was a lot more physical which could compensate for some poor offensive line play. I liken it to the role Carson played with Penny. I ultimately expect Penny to be the guy; much like I ultimately expect RoJo to be the guy. Penny showed his flashes in the open field, RoJo literally never had an open field to work with.

I bought him cheap in one league this year as my RB5 because why not.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm If you drafted Rojo early, you have to hold. He's not looking like he will ever return your first round value, but maybe he can be part of a committee. Although Barber is an average back, he was still better in most, if nota all aspects of football to Rojo last year. I think the most likely scenario is that the Bucs draft a RB next year.
If you held this long yes, might as well hang on to 0.

I may try and buy him back if he comes cheap enough

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 pm

The odds that either Jones or Barber becomes a viable fantasy RB next season to me seem pretty low:

- Arians is pass heavy
- TB's defense is still garbage
- They're likely going to have to pass a lot to compete
- Neither Jones or Barber are known as high-level receiving backs
- Still questions about how well TB's offensive line can run block

To me, I think 2 scenarios are plausible:

1. After this season, TB is going to invest heavily in RB again (likely the draft).
2. Before the trade deadline, they will trade for an RB (Duke Johnson, Kenyan Drake, Matt Breida, etc. could be available for cheap)

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue May 28, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm just here for the ding dongs
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue May 28, 2019 7:33 pm

I bought him (added him in a larger trade) for 3.6 in a 16 team, SF, IDP league. Oddly enough, the pick was used on Justice Hill. Seems about right, but give me Rojo of the two.

I don't see this as complete certainty or anything like that. However, if you have the opportunity to buy a back that could turn into the starter for Bruce Arians, at a position where the depth chart is a disaster, where the team used some nice draft capital on him, and he's 21, for a 3rd...you do it. That's a chance I will take 10/10 times.

Some of the excuses are valid. Some not. However, in this age of transition from your Jeff Fisher's to McVay's.... he would NOT be the first player that looked poorly with bad coaching, that turned it around after a change.

If it were a mid second in this draft, I don't think I would. I've seen Isabella fall in that range WAY too often. At a certain point they are ALL darts, though. I was happy to give up my 3rd for this dart.