Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rojo Value

Postby captain howdy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:30 am

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am I feel bad for all you RoJo believers out there. It's like you'll say anything so you don't have to admit to yourself you made a mistake.

He can still be sold for a late 1st in some places, or a high 2nd at least.
This could be your last chance to sell. The Bucs could very well draft another RB, and RoJo's value tanks even more.

For what it's worth, I've been calling RoJo the lowest-rated RB since last year March or so? I even said Watkins would do better his rookie year. RoJo will be lucky to still be in this league year 3. Heed my warnings you ding dongs.

I dont know you, or if this is just tongue in cheek. But your post is nonsense and misplaced in this thread.

The first bolded---who's doing that? You are positing a person is on fire so you can appear valiant in throwing water on that person.

As to the second bolded-- not seeing offers a late first ANYWHERE, and 2nd deals are so rare as to be nonexistant. You'd need a special type of trade partner

As to the third bolded -- again, I dont know you, but whats the point of that statement?

As a fantasy player, what is the point in cutting bait for a 4th? I have not received any offer whatsoever in ROjo..and frankly dont expect too until/unless he actually does something. Rojo owners are being forced to include him in trades for free/to clear roster spot..or drop him.

There is no new cost to simply waiting to see what he does, if anything. Will he improve? Of course he can, unlikely tho it may be. At this point he is a sunk cost. Until his presence on the FF team is detrimental, WHY NOT hold and see what happens?

You paint in broad strokes to castigate a populace of FF players, those who own Rojo. Its just naive.

And yes I own Rojo in one league, he is my 9th rb. I dont need him. But I prefer to roster him to Trenton f'en Cannon, etc. You obviously disagree on that. But calm down the prescient rhetoric. I have zero doubt you called Rojo. Several people saw warning signs. I dont doubt your steadfast dislike of his skillset. But without varying values in FF, the whole system would be remarkably different from what we have or possibly non-existent.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am

JFever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am
thebeast wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am
MEuRaH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am I feel bad for all you RoJo believers out there. It's like you'll say anything so you don't have to admit to yourself you made a mistake.

He can still be sold for a late 1st in some places, or a high 2nd at least. This could be your last chance to sell. The Bucs could very well draft another RB, and RoJo's value tanks even more.

For what it's worth, I've been calling RoJo the lowest-rated RB since last year March or so? I even said Watkins would do better his rookie year. RoJo will be lucky to still be in this league year 3. Heed my warnings you ding dongs.
Oh, I will definitely admit my mistake, and I do wish I had listened to your loud attempts to get everyone to steer clear. Could have drafted Chubb over him more than once... Hopefully, for me he shows some progress this year, even if it's a low probability.
x2. I'm not afraid to admit I made a mistake. It happens. Time will tell. From what we know right now, yes, it was a missed pick. I once drafted Monte Ball too..... argh.
Always trying to one up me!

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:44 am

I think the one glaring problem with Jones is many, many people were claiming he was not good well before the draft. I think the rookie RB craze from 2017 drove some people crazy hoping for another repeat. I saw the comparison to Davante earlier and I agree young people need time but Davante was a prolific college WR. RoJo was really never that good, and even worse his athletic testing sucked. So you had an unathletic RB who can’t catch drafted in the high 2nd by one of the worst drafting organizations, and he only garnered 23 carries where Peyton Barber is his only competition. There are supposed to be busts in every draft and compared to the rest of last years class he seems like the obvious choice. Way too many red flags to begin with and it literally couldn’t have gone worse for him.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:30 am
He can still be sold for a late 1st in some places, or a high 2nd at least.
This could be your last chance to sell. The Bucs could very well draft another RB, and RoJo's value tanks even more.

(1)The first bolded---who's doing that? You are positing a person is on fire so you can appear valiant in throwing water on that person.

(2)As to the second bolded-- not seeing offers a late first ANYWHERE, and 2nd deals are so rare as to be nonexistant. You'd need a special type of trade partner

(3)As to the third bolded -- again, I dont know you, but whats the point of that statement?
(1) I didn't want to point it out to anybody, but there are a few excuses being made as to why he's under performing (he's only 20!) or player comparisons, or coaching changes, etc. These things dilute the fact that he's a terrible RB. It's viewpoints such as these that prevent an owner from getting value while they still can.

(2) Depends on the league. Most of my leagues are 16-teamers or more. I've seen late 1sts traded for RoJo since this RB draft class is lacking talent, and a former high-end first like RoJo would be a better gamble than the 8th best RB in this class (it isn't).

(3) What do you mean what's the point? The topic is "RoJo Value". Did I not comment on his value? I'm trying to get owners to sell now before it's too late.

========================================================================
As a fantasy player, what is the point in cutting bait for a 4th? I have not received any offer whatsoever in ROjo..and frankly dont expect too until/unless he actually does something. Rojo owners are being forced to include him in trades for free/to clear roster spot..or drop him.

There is no new cost to simply waiting to see what he does, if anything. Will he improve? Of course he can, unlikely tho it may be. At this point he is a sunk cost. Until his presence on the FF team is detrimental, WHY NOT hold and see what happens?

You paint in broad strokes to castigate a populace of FF players, those who own Rojo. Its just naive.

And yes I own Rojo in one league, he is my 9th rb. I dont need him. But I prefer to roster him to Trenton f'en Cannon, etc. You obviously disagree on that. But calm down the prescient rhetoric. I have zero doubt you called Rojo. Several people saw warning signs. I dont doubt your steadfast dislike of his skillset. But without varying values in FF, the whole system would be remarkably different from what we have or possibly non-existent.
I don't know where all this is coming from. I never said to cut for a 4th. He can still be traded for a 2nd, and right now that might be his peak value for the rest of his career. If the Bucs use a day 2 or early day 3 pick on a RB, RoJo's value plummets even more. If you wanna take that chance, then fine.

I disagree 100% that "there is no cost to see what he does." Yes there is and I'm sure you know it. It's called opportunity cost. Right now, he has value to some people. You can try to get that value and cut your losses. If he tanks, you've lost your opportunity to get the value that you could have had.

Where on Earth did you get the idea that I value someone like Trenton Cannon over RoJo? What gives you even the slightest clue? I just said to sell him for a late 1 or a 2. I have to assume that you're being sarcastic.

And organize your thoughts a little better please. I had to edit your post before I could reply to it. Sheesh.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:47 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:44 amI think the one glaring problem with Jones is many, many people were claiming he was not good well before the draft. I think the rookie RB craze from 2017 drove some people crazy hoping for another repeat. I saw the comparison to Davante earlier and I agree young people need time but Davante was a prolific college WR. RoJo was really never that good, and even worse his athletic testing sucked. So you had an unathletic RB who can’t catch drafted in the high 2nd by one of the worst drafting organizations, and he only garnered 23 carries where Peyton Barber is his only competition. There are supposed to be busts in every draft and compared to the rest of last years class he seems like the obvious choice. Way too many red flags to begin with and it literally couldn’t have gone worse for him.
:clap: :dance: :thumbup:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

edit. nvm. not worth it.

tperry14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tperry14 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 am

For me there is no reason to move him if you have him because his perceived value is so low that you're likely unable to get anything worthwhile. There's still a (very very small) chance that he turns out to be worth something
12-Man, 0.5 ppr, ret yards, 30 man roster, 1-2 QB, 3-5 RB, 4-6 WR, 1-3 TE
QB- Lamar, Foles, Bridgewater, Grier
RB- Laird, Williams, Scarbrough, Ajayi, Hilliard
WR- Thomas, Golladay, Kupp, Kirk, Landry, Samuel, Gordon, A. Tate, Snead
TE- Andrews, Hockenson, Fant, Njoku, Fells
2020: 1.01,1.06,1.07,1.08,1.09,2.02,2.03,2.05,2.07,3.07
2021: 2,3,5

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 amGive me a 2nd for him then, DING DONG
You want me to find you a 2nd? I see that you have the upgraded account. Take a look on the trade finder and recognize all of the trades that's happened with RoJo for the past few days and weeks: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/tradedb/

He's going for 2nds like crazy. I'm not just talking to make stuff up. I'm even witnessing it first-hand in my own leagues.

Or maybe that's not your jam and that's fine. How about some updated mock startup drafts? Here's a list of 6 of them compiled into one spot: http://www.mizelle.net/mfl/2019/

See RoJo? Sitting at 139? That's right between Trayveon Williams (Rookie 19) and Irv Smith Jr (Rookie 20). That puts RoJo's value at 2.08 in a 12 team league, or 2.06 in a 14, or 2.04 in a 16! Still worth a 2nd.

OR, maybe you want more proof that his value is still preceived as a 2nd rounder? How about MFLs own ADP stats? http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2019/adp

See RoJo sitting at 188? That's above rookie Campbell @ 192, who is the 19th rookie in that list. That puts RoJo at the same value as the mizelle link above. Still a 2nd.

==============================

I see that you've edited your post and said "not worth it". The only reason it's not worth it is because you don't have a leg to stand on. My point is that he's worth a 2nd and now is a good time to sell, and there are people out there willing to do so. I have stats to back that up.

You're right it's "not worth it", because you're feelings & opinions are getting wrecked with actual facts. Shame on me for posting opinions about RoJo's value in a thread titled "RoJo Value". Sheesh.

=====================================

You could have easily deleted your post rather than edit it to say "not worth it". The sole purpose of leaving any reply up is because you realize you're not getting anywhere, so you'd rather make it look like it's not worth your time, rather than even trying to prove a point that you can't prove and not reply at all. Good one.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am

The clear reason he said it is not worth it is that you have always been both as insufferable and egotistical as Coogan was.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

This thread is catching up to the Damien one pretty quick

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 am

Quick diversion to try to let cooler heads prevail...what do y'all think Peyton Barber is worth in a 16 team league? As I posted above, the Rojo owner in my league wasn't interested at all. But the Coach comments posted above are pretty intriguing.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 amThe clear reason he said it is not worth it is that you have always been both as insufferable and egotistical as Coogan was.
When I'm making my point with facts and the other guy is working with opinions/instinct/feelings and yet he's making claims that I'm still wrong, it's going to annoy me, and I would assume it would annoy anyone else in that position.
Paul717 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 amwhat do y'all think Peyton Barber is worth in a 16 team league? As I posted above, the Rojo owner in my league wasn't interested at all. But the Coach comments posted above are pretty intriguing.
(1) Coach speak should always be ignored. Coaches always pump up their own players for a variety of reasons. The same coach you refer to called David Johnson "lazy" his first time in camp. It was purely motivational.

(2) In a 16 teamer? Assuming starting 2 RBs, easily any 2nd. He would be a hold for me. Barber is only 24 and doesn't really have any strong competition for that job.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Paul717 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 am Quick diversion to try to let cooler heads prevail...what do y'all think Peyton Barber is worth in a 16 team league? As I posted above, the Rojo owner in my league wasn't interested at all. But the Coach comments posted above are pretty intriguing.
Barber looked substantially better than Rojo next year. If the Bucs somehow don't add another notable RB before training camp, I'll be buying him for a 2nd if I need the RB depth. Can't speak to 16-team values though.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 amThe clear reason he said it is not worth it is that you have always been both as insufferable and egotistical as Coogan was.
When I'm making my point with facts and the other guy is working with opinions/instinct/feelings and yet he's making claims that I'm still wrong, it's going to annoy me, and I would assume it would annoy anyone else in that position.
Here's the way I see it.

Your "loudest guy in the room" approach has apparently worked because people now view you as an expert because you told us you were (something something...high school RB coach...something something I don't know WRs, only RBs so you can trust what I'm saying because I'm being honest).

From my perspective, your strategy is to be aggressive and abrasive to the point where people either walk away or you laugh it off as "haha just having fun don't take it so seriously." I don't lean one way or the other politically, but it's similar to the current all-too-common political tactic of attacking anyone who disagrees with you.

I shied away from responding to you for a while because you searched my entire post history in order to discredit me in one discussion. I come on this website to have fun and enjoy myself, not to be right. You're purely on here to be right and make sure everyone knows it (in my opinion). In general, I hate the internet and have been trying to avoid it more because people are nastier and less happy because of it. I've been a keyboard warrior plenty myself (very easy to do), but now I try to remember the human behind the keyboard.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Coogan never backed anything up with objective study, and was lying whenever he claimed he did. Caught him at it more than once.

And I think people tend to conflate "informed, and confident about it" with "loud."

With that having been said. I will forever assert that Ronald Jones' college tape was excellent. A list of respected published tape grinders agree. I had him as RB4 in last year's class before the red flags started waving after OTAs, and I would have had him as RB3 if he had the same tape with ten more pounds on his frame.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE