James Washington Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

James Washington Value

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm

With Antonio Brown gone to the Bills, does James Washington make a leap this year? JuJu should be WR1 now. Thoughts?
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: James Washington Value

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:11 pm

AB is leaving a ton of targets behind and yes no matter where AB went Washington's value will rise.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm With Antonio Brown gone to the Bills, does James Washington make a leap this year? JuJu should be WR1 now. Thoughts?
JuJu had 169 targets last year. AB was taking top corners most of the time. I'd argue JuJu may regress. Targets mat rises slightly, but how much can they, really, and he'll now be the focus of the secondary. He's had a luxury he will no longer have vs opposing D's. I love Juju, but I think last years numbers may be his ceiling.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm With Antonio Brown gone to the Bills, does James Washington make a leap this year? JuJu should be WR1 now. Thoughts?
JuJu had 169 targets last year. AB was taking top corners most of the time. I'd argue JuJu may regress. Targets mat rises slightly, but how much can they, really, and he'll now be the focus of the secondary. He's had a luxury he will no longer have vs opposing D's. I love Juju, but I think last years numbers may be his ceiling.
He just works so well out of the slot, I doubt they move him out of there too much. I'd still expect that to get him a lot of mismatches. Plus, it's not like he was facing junk CBs. The Ravens and Bengals at least have deep secondaries in the AFCN. I do think you're probably right that his targets don't increase much.
There's no question Washington's value will rise (along with Vance McDonald), I'm just nervous about moving Washington up too much when he did so little as a rookie. Plus, I think the Steelers will probably pass less without Brown. I'll probably sell it I can get a decent looking 2020 1st, or a top 8ish pick this year.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 am

I think people are going to be disappointed if they think Washington is going to come in and fill the PIT WR2 role as well as, or even close to what JuJu did.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:46 am

I see jujus targets staying somewhat the same. I see him getting more difficult coverage to beat. But I also see him taking a step forward. I mentioned it in another thread, can’t be bothered to find it. He had a historically great year for his age. Maybe that’s it but my money is on him becoming a true elite WR1 in fantasy and real football.

Far as who steps up and is WR2 in Pitt, and what’s that’s worth in fantasy, dunno. Plus Big Ben is getting up there.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am

Potentials to high for me to let go of for anything less than a mid first
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am Potentials to high for me to let go of for anything less than a mid first
I get it... But at the same time in another thread DJ Moore is being quoted as a mid 1st...

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 am
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am Potentials to high for me to let go of for anything less than a mid first
I get it... But at the same time in another thread DJ Moore is being quoted as a mid 1st...
See I wouldn't give up Moore unless it was a top 2 pick j guess I like Harry and Metcalf more. Maybe Brown. But this is the rookie fever setting in a month ago a month ago im pretty sure I saw people saying Moore is worth more than the 1.1.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:56 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 am
See I wouldn't give up Moore unless it was a top 2 pick j guess I like Harry and Metcalf more. Maybe Brown. But this is the rookie fever setting in a month ago a month ago im pretty sure I saw people saying Moore is worth more than the 1.1.
I said the same. DJ is at least there with Metcalf and Harry. I'd prefer Moore to everyone else at this point. And you're right, it's rookie fever season

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:56 am

I disagree on the basic premise that I believe that 22 year olds have room to grow in their craft.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:22 am

Agree. (Not Knocking JuJu) His YAC yards were pretty amazing for a WR.

AB is still around for now.
Washington concerns me, Not really fast or smooth. Does have good build up speed but don't think he is ready to step up. If he is his value will certainly go up so a strong hold in fantasy.

My take is The Steelers will draft a WR pretty early or sign one in FA if Brown's situation clears up. There are plenty available that can step in and produce better than Washington IMO so I am not buying him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:38 am

I fully expect the Steelers to draft another WR high this year. They have drafted some astonomical amount of WRs over the past 10 years and I don't expect that to change now. I sold Washington + an early 2nd for Chris Godwin a few weeks ago and I'm still happy with that.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:39 am

James Washington has WR2 season written all over him when AB departs. Buy now if you can. The Steelers are EXCELLENT at drafting mid round WR's and turning them into studs.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:46 am

Pittsburgh has a history of drafting a WR regardless of need. Washington's value will spike when Brown is dealt but I'll pass on paying that unreasonably inflated cost. When they draft a rookie or two and possibly sign a FA, we'll see if his price is palatable.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def