James Washington Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
snaps06
Captain
Captain

Re: James Washington Value

Postby snaps06 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:16 am
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am Imagine giving up on a prolific college WR after 1 season in the NFL.
Well to be fair, he had one of the worst rookie seasons among WRs that saw decent snaps ever. He was the lowest rated rookie WR last yr per PFF; and among rookie WRs that posted 220 yrds or lower in their rookie season (a total of 465), only 1.7% broke out the following season (8/465). So I can't blame ppl if they want to cut and run.

With that said, he might break out in yr 3/4, he obviously has solid rapport with Rudolph (if he is the true QB heir apparent) so I completely agree that it's somewhat pointless to sell simply to reset the clock.

Just wanted to temper some expectations after a big preseason game. We all saw Jeff Janis obliterate preseason every yr to go on and do nothing in the regular season.

FWIW, I was buying into the hype myself, and heavily looking into trading for JWash until I saw this video, so it's a worth a look if you're considering trading for him...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHntpAKFvY
snaps06 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 am This. Three 1000 yard seasons in college proves the kid can ball out. He just needs to seize his current opportunity.

I won't even mention what his player profiler comparison is...those interested, feel free to go take a glance.
I wouldn't put too much stock into playerprofiler comps. Corey Coleman was comp'd to OBJ...Devin Funchess to Brandon Marshall...Dorial Green-Beckham to Marques Colston...They're fun but far from an indicator of future success
Haha that's why I didn't post the name. It was more fun to look at than anything and maybe get a little convo going.

You can't deny the kid produced in college. I for one hope he puts it together at the NFL level. He'll never come close to his comp on there, but I could see him being a high-end WR2.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm

I wouldn't put too much stock into playerprofiler comps. Corey Coleman was comp'd to OBJ...Devin Funchess to Brandon Marshall...Dorial Green-Beckham to Marques Colston...They're fun but far from an indicator of future success
Yes that is very true since the player he is comped to is comped to Michael Crabtree, who is comped to Keenan Allen who is comped to Michael Crabtree ... :think: :roll:

It does give an idea of what the potential ceiling could be in the right situation and with the proper development, but definitely should not be taken as the likely or expected outcome.

However I do not think it is fair to make any links between Jeff Janis & James Washington. Washington apart from the college production also has that Biletnikov award & draft pedigree that will likely get him open doors even if something fails to materialize in Pittsburgh.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Well to be fair, he had one of the worst rookie seasons among WRs that saw decent snaps ever. He was the lowest rated rookie WR last yr per PFF; and among rookie WRs that posted 220 yrds or lower in their rookie season (a total of 465), only 1.7% broke out the following season (8/465). So I can't blame ppl if they want to cut and run.
I haven't seen any clips of him, and I haven't been looking at stats.
But came across this article, and his issues in rookie-season seems to not only be on him.
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/steel ... ashington/

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am Imagine giving up on a prolific college WR after 1 season in the NFL.
Who has given up on him?

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Looks like a three-headed monster behind JJSS, so I'm not sure about any of these other #2/#3 Steeler receivers.

Seems they're all equally likely to be good, but I have no idea who to bet on.

Vance might be better than any of them this year at least, but I don't think that lasts into 2020.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pm

trc wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm
I haven't seen any clips of him, and I haven't been looking at stats.
But came across this article, and his issues in rookie-season seems to not only be on him.
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/steel ... ashington/
Thanks for sharing that article. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm

There’s a lot of hype surrounding him right now. I just sold high for Christian Kirk.

J. Washington + D. Thompson + 2021 2nd (late) for C. Kirk.
Thoughts?
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 am

Has anyone seen the 2 pre season games, and be able to shed some light upon him?
I’m thinking his stats looks nice, but was he playing with/opposite 1st, 2nd or 3rd stringers?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 am

He's yet to play with the 1s. Moncrief didn't exactly put his stamp on anything with his snaps with the first string against KC, though. One target, one reception, had the ball stripped out of his hands off that one reception.

So far, Washington has done just about everything he can against reserves to make a case for the 1s. Week 3 should show us how much Moncrief's Week 2 dud matters to the coaching staff.
TampaBay216 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm There’s a lot of hype surrounding him right now. I just sold high for Christian Kirk.

Thoughts?
:thumbup:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 am

TampaBay216 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm There’s a lot of hype surrounding him right now. I just sold high for Christian Kirk.

Thoughts?
My take is you will regret this deal.

People forget he was a unanimous all American in 2017 and I am pretty sure he won the Biletnikoff award in 2017 as the top WR in college.

He played behind 2 top of the top WR’s in fantasy.

He is in a great system to succeed. Top 15 upside IMO. He was one of my top sleeper targets in my leagues this season.

Kirk is good but my chips are on Washington to be the Wr to own.

Explosive, runs solid routes, excellent game speed with a second gear, a knack for the ball, and adequate hands.

Doubt he is underrated much longer by anyone. Loved it when Moncrief was signed as that dropped his value by the masses.

Washington has major breakout potential. Drafted him as my #2 in my IDP redraft money.
Last edited by Ice on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 am

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 am

Thoughts?

People forget he was a unanimous all American in 2017 and I am pretty sure he won the Biletnikoff award in 2017 as the top WR in college.

He is in a great system to succeed. Top 15 upside IMO. He was one of my top sleeper targets in my leagues this season.

Explosive, runs solid routes, excellent game speed with a second gear, a knack for the ball, and adequate hands.

Doubt he is underrated much longer by anyone. Loved it when Moncrief was signed as that dropped his value by the masses.

Washington has major breakout potential. Drafted him as my #2 in the league here as many thought of him as an afterthought.
You drafted a sleeper as your WR2?!?!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:16 am

Farley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 am
Ice wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 am

Thoughts?

Washington has major breakout potential. Drafted him as my #2 in my IDP redraft money.
You drafted a sleeper as your WR2?!?!
Actually I misspoke; It was in my BML IDP Redraft league.

Scoring on defense is aggressive in this 14 team league. But yes, I drafted him as my #2 in the 10th round. While other owners were chasing WR's in rounds 4, 6 and 7 I took 3 defensive studs.

Don't mind putting my money where my mouth is when I like a player.

We will see. Washington is going to be a solid WR2 in fantasy this season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 am

Thoughts?
Maybe I don't see it with Kirk? But I wouldn't add anything to JW to get Kirk

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 am

Maybe it’s been mentioned, I didn’t look all the way back. I’m just curious, why is it whenever we talk about a guy like N. Harry, someone always throws out “What about post Brady”, or when we talk about Saints WRs and it’s “what about post Brees”? Yet when we talk about Steelers WRs nobody ever says “what about post Big Ben?” Is he not on the same clock? Heck Brady said he’s playing to 45 while Ben was contemplating hanging them up a couple seasons ago! I’d stick him in the same worry column as those two, but I feel like it’s not mentioned in his case. So just wanted to throw that in the mix.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:37 am

sugbear65 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 am Maybe it’s been mentioned, I didn’t look all the way back. I’m just curious, why is it whenever we talk about a guy like N. Harry, someone always throws out “What about post Brady”, or when we talk about Saints WRs and it’s “what about post Brees”? Yet when we talk about Steelers WRs nobody ever says “what about post Big Ben?” Is he not on the same clock? Heck Brady said he’s playing to 45 while Ben was contemplating hanging them up a couple seasons ago! I’d stick him in the same worry column as those two, but I feel like it’s not mentioned in his case. So just wanted to throw that in the mix.
Good point. Ben flip-flopped on the retirement decision, maybe that's why we forget. Wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind again all of a sudden, especially if this year goes south for the Steelers. Hard to be anywhere near as high on JJSS, nevermind any of the rest of these guys once Big Ben is gone.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -