James Washington Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Re: James Washington Value

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm
TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am Is it that out of the question that perhaps we see 2 guys split reps in PA? Yeah, we’ve seen Pitt support 2 WR1’s, last year, but I don’t think that’s a trend. Look at who the 2 were, AB and JuJu. Studs. I think that was more of an outlier vs a trend we can expect to see year in and year out.
Though I do agree, I would love to have the Steelers clear cut #2. Right now, that’s Moncrief.
Like you mentioned, these shiny new 2020 receivers are coming in next year. What happens if the Steelers nab one that falls into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft? They’ve been taking earlier round receivers lately. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they take another.
We just don’t know is my point. So I made the trade based off of what we do know.
Moncrief is the 2.
Washington having another promising preseason.
They drafted another rookie WR in 2019 who’s also shown promise (Johnson).
Kirk will see an increase in targets barring injury.
Arizona’s offense will be more uptempo vs last year.
Arizona has FOUR young WR (3 rookies).

There are a lot of things we can assume, but for now I’m sticking to the big facts.
Another fact you can add is that the Arizona offensive line that was such a huge problem last year, was eaten up by the Oakland Raiders, who were by far the worst pass rushing team in the league last year, in their second preseason game.

I’d be concerned that the only thing an uptempo offense is going to do is get Murray sacked even more.
Agreed. They’re O-line is trash
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:26 am

interesting thread re: steelers preseason film review:

https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/stat ... 02528?s=20

relevant observation:
"Washington struggled v press and they try to protect him lining off of LOS, slot, etc by playing Z.
Problem is that is JJSS's role.
D Johnson beat press cleanly often. Nice back shoulder catch plus RAC for TD nullified. Caught another TD later."
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:24 pm

I find it hard to see a breakout unless one of Moncrief or Diontae get injured.

If we read the tea leaves, Washington is the only potential offensive weapon taking lots of snaps during the preseason...while that's great to fuel the preseason hype train, playing in preseason usually means the inverse for his actual play time come the reg season.

If I had to put percentiles on the potential of netting that starting WR role opposite JJSS, it'd be: 40% Moncrief, 35% Diontae Johnson, 25% James Washington.

He still has a chance, but he's got a bigger hill to climb it seems. We shall see who rises to the occasion.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:24 pm I find it hard to see a breakout unless one of Moncrief or Diontae get injured.

If we read the tea leaves, Washington is the only potential offensive weapon taking lots of snaps during the preseason...while that's great to fuel the preseason hype train, playing in preseason usually means the inverse for his actual play time come the reg season.

If I had to put percentiles on the potential of netting that starting WR role opposite JJSS, it'd be: 40% Moncrief, 35% Diontae Johnson, 25% James Washington.

He still has a chance, but he's got a bigger hill to climb it seems. We shall see who rises to the occasion.
I agree with what you’re saying, but Johnson led the team in snap count against the Chiefs at 45. Washington was behind him at 34. More telling to me is that the JJSS & Moncrief got the official start. Switzer was the first WR subbed in (which tracks with him as the slot guy) and Washington was the second.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm

I feel Moncrief is easily the number 2 to start the season. James Washington will get his chance to show his worth, but there is no way you can count on him early in 2019.
If he plays well this season, he may very well be in position to command a large percentage of playing time in 2020.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:24 pm I find it hard to see a breakout unless one of Moncrief or Diontae get injured.

Washington knows the system, entering year 2 as a 2nd rounder. Moncrief has skill but as a 3rd rounder hasn’t ever put up stud numbers.

My tea leaves tell me it’s Washington is the breakout candidate and Moncrief is the insurance policy.

I am a fan of Diontae but he is most likely a year away.

Washington has had a fantastic camp by any measure. He was great in college, that got way better every year, won the award as the best college WR his last year and now knows the offense.

Don’t sleep on this player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 am

I find it funny that we as fantasy owners like to throw the vets aside as if they're not a part of the real life NFL team / depth chart. At least to start out as a rookie or sophomore player they have to earn that spot.

Switzer and Moncrief being above Diontae should be obvious but some people think Johnson is 2nd/3rd WR? C'mon

Same goes for Campbell and Cain in Indy... Noticed a lot of hype there too (rightfully so), but Funchess will be the 2 behind TY.

Everyone pegs Marqise Brown as the 1 in Baltimore, while he may have the most talent, no way he's starting over Snead or possibly even Boykin for that matter

Just thought it was weird to see all these projections for some rookie flyers

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but would you pay a 2020 2nd for JWash at this point? I have already have Moncrief, and was thinking about doing the CBS Adam Aizer friendship strategy, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

I feel like Moncrief will be the #2 this yr barring injury, and maybe next yr JWash can assert himself into that role, but Big Ben could fall apart at any moment. Not only that, but Diontae Johnson has looked solid in the work he's got.

Anddddd I think the prospects available in the 2nd of 2020 will be solid.

What say you, dynasty community?

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

Ice wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Washington knows the system, entering year 2 as a 2nd rounder. Moncrief has skill but as a 3rd rounder hasn’t ever put up stud numbers.

My tea leaves tell me it’s Washington is the breakout candidate and Moncrief is the insurance policy.

I am a fan of Diontae but he is most likely a year away.

Washington has had a fantastic camp by any measure. He was great in college, that got way better every year, won the award as the best college WR his last year and now knows the offense.

Don’t sleep on this player.
Exactly ^
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but would you pay a 2020 2nd for JWash at this point? I have already have Moncrief, and was thinking about doing the CBS Adam Aizer friendship strategy, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

I feel like Moncrief will be the #2 this yr barring injury, and maybe next yr JWash can assert himself into that role, but Big Ben could fall apart at any moment. Not only that, but Diontae Johnson has looked solid in the work he's got.

What is the Adam Aizer friendship strategy?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:26 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 pm What is the Adam Aizer friendship strategy?
It's a little more catered to redraft, but could be put into practice in dynasty. It is essentially putting together two WRs with the hopes that one will hit. One can be drafted high, one drafted low; or both drafted low. It's usually two WRs that are on high scoring offenses, and they are usually the WR2 & WR3 on their respective teams - but the depth chart is semi undefined (so they are undervalued).

Off the top of my Head Teammates That fit the Strategy for Example:
Fuller - Keke
Moncrief - JWash
MVS - Allison
Pettis - Samuel

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:26 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 pm What is the Adam Aizer friendship strategy?
It's a little more catered to redraft, but could be put into practice in dynasty. It is essentially putting together two WRs with the hopes that one will hit. One can be drafted high, one drafted low; or both drafted low. It's usually two WRs that are on high scoring offenses, and they are usually the WR2 & WR3 on their respective teams - but the depth chart is semi undefined (so they are undervalued).

Fuller - Keke
Moncrief - JWash
MVS - Allison
Pettis - Samuel
Ah ok kewl! I already try when possible to stack players like WRs from a good offence together - but thats good to know and I think any of those stacks could be productive. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:57 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but would you pay a 2020 2nd for JWash at this point? I have already have Moncrief, and was thinking about doing the CBS Adam Aizer friendship strategy, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

In a heartbeat. (I just trade Josh Gordon for him and DJ Chark.)

BTW didn’t JuJu start out the 3rd receiver ... and that turned out pretty well. Some players start more slowly. My point is that Washington will be given every opportunity to take control of the other side from JuJu.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:03 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Fuller - Keke
Moncrief - JWash
MVS - Allison
Pettis - Samuel
Ah ok kewl! I already try when possible to stack players like WRs from a good offence together - but thats good to know and I think any of those stacks could be productive. :thumbup:
Exactly right. It’s not just stacking WRs. It’s stacking the #2 and #3 WRs in a really good offense rather cheaply where whoever wins that battle jumps into fantasy starting lineups as someone who can put a season over the top. It is even more attractive in dynasty where the #1 is older or in a contract year comes to mind. Last year’s John Ross/Tyler Boyd scenario comes to mind.

I might add Funchess/Campbell.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:46 am

Another week, another Preseason TD for Washington. Fun to watch the connection between him and Rudolph.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young