Role Player
Role Player

Re: James Washington Value

Postby TampaBay216 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:28 am

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:16 am
Farley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 am
Ice wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 am

My take is you will regret this deal.

People forget he was a unanimous all American in 2017 and I am pretty sure he won the Biletnikoff award in 2017 as the top WR in college.

He played behind 2 top of the top WR’s in fantasy.

He is in a great system to succeed. Top 15 upside IMO. He was one of my top sleeper targets in my leagues this season.

Kirk is good but my chips are on Washington to be the Wr to own.

Explosive, runs solid routes, excellent game speed with a second gear, a knack for the ball, and adequate hands.

Doubt he is underrated much longer by anyone. Loved it when Moncrief was signed as that dropped his value by the masses.

Washington has major breakout potential. Drafted him as my #2 in my IDP redraft money.
You drafted a sleeper as your WR2?!?!
Actually I misspoke; It was in my BML IDP Redraft league.

Scoring on defense is aggressive in this 14 team league. But yes, I drafted him as my #2 in the 10th round. While other owners were chasing WR's in rounds 4, 6 and 7 I took 3 defensive studs.

Don't mind putting my money where my mouth is when I like a player.

We will see. Washington is going to be a solid WR2 in fantasy this season.
I’m holding my other share of JW in case he does breakout. Team in Sig 1. I don’t have any shares of Kirk. JuJu will be the 1 over there for as long as he’s in PA. Which caps JW ceiling. Kirk in the other hand? Clear picture to be the WR1 over there as early as right now.
And yes, JW was playing with the 2’s and 3’s while making these plays. Still looked good, but he did the same thing last preseason too. That didn’t translate very well. Only time will tell.
Like you, I got my guy.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Ben’s retirement talk seemed to be a ploy to get Haley fired. That said, I suspect there is some risk there with amount of punishment Roethlisberger has taken over his career. I would also be far more worried about Pittsburgh being about to move on from Big Ben than I would be New England moving on from Brady.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 pm

TampaBay216 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:28 am
I’m holding my other share of JW in case he does breakout. Team in Sig 1. I don’t have any shares of Kirk. JuJu will be the 1 over there for as long as he’s in PA. Which caps JW ceiling. Kirk in the other hand? Clear picture to be the WR1 over there as early as right now.
And yes, JW was playing with the 2’s and 3’s while making these plays. Still looked good, but he did the same thing last preseason too. That didn’t translate very well. Only time will tell.
Like you, I got my guy.
Caps it at what? A top 10 WR? If that is the cap, I'll live with that ceiling. Pitt has already shown they can support 2 WR1s. I'd much rather have the 2nd pass catching option in Pitt (or the Rams, Chiefs, etc) than some of the WR1s on bad offenses.

I like Kirk, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arizona takes a WR in round 1 next year to help out Kyler even more. I just don't see Kirk as a WR1 and if the Cards take Jeudy, Higgins, Shenault, (insert favorite 2020 WR here) then every WR's value in Zona just dropped.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 am
TampaBay216 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm There’s a lot of hype surrounding him right now. I just sold high for Christian Kirk.

J. Washington + D. Thompson + 2021 2nd (late) for C. Kirk.
Thoughts?
My take is you will regret this deal.

People forget he was a unanimous all American in 2017 and I am pretty sure he won the Biletnikoff award in 2017 as the top WR in college.

He played behind 2 top of the top WR’s in fantasy.

He is in a great system to succeed. Top 15 upside IMO. He was one of my top sleeper targets in my leagues this season.

Kirk is good but my chips are on Washington to be the Wr to own.

Explosive, runs solid routes, excellent game speed with a second gear, a knack for the ball, and adequate hands.

Doubt he is underrated much longer by anyone. Loved it when Moncrief was signed as that dropped his value by the masses.

Washington has major breakout potential. Drafted him as my #2 in my IDP redraft money.
But Moncrief isn't even Washington's only barrier to snaps.

Even in this preseason action against reserves, Washington is still playing behind rookie Diontae Johnson. And Diontae is putting up his own nice stat-lines. On the basis of snaps with the 1s, Diontae is ahead of Washington at both X and Z in both 2 and 3 wide sets. That hasn't changed through these two preseason weeks.

Christian Kirk is locked in as a starter for an Arizona offense that everyone seems to expect will throw all Sunday, and certainly had a drastically better rookie season (Washington graded worse than replacement level).

You drafted Washington as a WR2? Stranger things have happened, but you need a minor miracle for that choice to pan out.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:11 pm

FWIW, the Steelers depth chart has Johnson behind Washington.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:11 pm FWIW, the Steelers depth chart has Johnson behind Washington.
Sleeper alert earlier today also said Johnson isn't going to play much in early 2019.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:06 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:11 pm FWIW, the Steelers depth chart has Johnson behind Washington.
I know, and the Athletic thinks that, too.

They both appear to be wrong based on snaps and reps, however.
snaps06 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 pm
Sleeper alert earlier today also said Johnson isn't going to play much in early 2019.
That was Kaboly of the Athletic. I don't know how he supports his take. It's not based on practice reps or snap data, I know that. Could be a coach has told him this. Or it could be he's just wrong.

Week 3 will hopefully clarify things, that being the week Roethlisberger should (might?) play.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am

Is it that out of the question that perhaps we see 2 guys split reps in PA? Yeah, we’ve seen Pitt support 2 WR1’s, last year, but I don’t think that’s a trend. Look at who the 2 were, AB and JuJu. Studs. I think that was more of an outlier vs a trend we can expect to see year in and year out.
Though I do agree, I would love to have the Steelers clear cut #2. Right now, that’s Moncrief.
Like you mentioned, these shiny new 2020 receivers are coming in next year. What happens if the Steelers nab one that falls into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft? They’ve been taking earlier round receivers lately. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they take another.
We just don’t know is my point. So I made the trade based off of what we do know.
Moncrief is the 2.
Washington having another promising preseason.
They drafted another rookie WR in 2019 who’s also shown promise (Johnson).
Kirk will see an increase in targets barring injury.
Arizona’s offense will be more uptempo vs last year.
Arizona has FOUR young WR (3 rookies).

There are a lot of things we can assume, but for now I’m sticking to the big facts.
Team 1

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:17 am

TampaBay216 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm J. Washington + D. Thompson + 2021 2nd (late) for C. Kirk.
Thoughts?
Your league sets its draft order two years in advance?

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 am

Meh. This is a little overblown. Maybe he won't succeed but WR's that come from wide open offenses I like to give them some time to figure things out. I am sure the Steelers offense is complex enough.
Thought I read somewhere too that he spent last year trying to learn all the WR roles? I man that in itself is a difficult thing.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:17 am
TampaBay216 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm J. Washington + D. Thompson + 2021 2nd (late) for C. Kirk.
Thoughts?
No, not set in stone. I was 3rd last year and projected to win this year. I know a lot can change from now til then, so it’s a projected late pick.
Team 1

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm

TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am Is it that out of the question that perhaps we see 2 guys split reps in PA? Yeah, we’ve seen Pitt support 2 WR1’s, last year, but I don’t think that’s a trend. Look at who the 2 were, AB and JuJu. Studs. I think that was more of an outlier vs a trend we can expect to see year in and year out.
Though I do agree, I would love to have the Steelers clear cut #2. Right now, that’s Moncrief.
Like you mentioned, these shiny new 2020 receivers are coming in next year. What happens if the Steelers nab one that falls into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft? They’ve been taking earlier round receivers lately. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they take another.
We just don’t know is my point. So I made the trade based off of what we do know.
Moncrief is the 2.

There are a lot of things we can assume, but for now I’m sticking to the big facts.
I think there are more questions than facts though with both of these teams. We don't know who the number 2 in Pitt will be for sure, and even if it is Moncrief, I don't think he will keep that all year long.
But to even think we can say anything about the Cardinals offense factually is inaccurate. They are arguably the biggest mystery in the NFL right now. We have zero idea how the Air Raid is going to translate, what the pecking order will be, how Murray will do, etc. I would argue you have a lot more questions pertaining to the Cardinals offense (and Kirk) than you do with the Pitt offense.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm

TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 am
Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:17 am
Thoughts?
No, not set in stone. I was 3rd last year and projected to win this year. I know a lot can change from now til then, so it’s a projected late pick.
dont like that trade. idk why kirk has more appeal than washington and a 2nd. if thompson becomes viable for even a few weeks you will be mad you included him.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:53 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm
TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am Is it that out of the question that perhaps we see 2 guys split reps in PA? Yeah, we’ve seen Pitt support 2 WR1’s, last year, but I don’t think that’s a trend. Look at who the 2 were, AB and JuJu. Studs. I think that was more of an outlier vs a trend we can expect to see year in and year out.
Moncrief is the 2.

I think there are more questions than facts though with both of these teams. We don't know who the number 2 in Pitt will be for sure, and even if it is Moncrief, I don't think he will keep that all year long.
But to even think we can say anything about the Cardinals offense factually is inaccurate. They are arguably the biggest mystery in the NFL right now. We have zero idea how the Air Raid is going to translate, what the pecking order will be, how Murray will do, etc. I would argue you have a lot more questions pertaining to the Cardinals offense (and Kirk) than you do with the Pitt offense.
Definitely a lot of questions. That’s why I only gave 3 facts for the Cards offense and chose my words wisely. Barring injury, you can check those 3 off the box.
Team 1

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Moncrief is the 2.

Another fact you can add is that the Arizona offensive line that was such a huge problem last year, was eaten up by the Oakland Raiders, who were by far the worst pass rushing team in the league last year, in their second preseason game.

I’d be concerned that the only thing an uptempo offense is going to do is get Murray sacked even more.

K - Just a stupid kicker