James Washington Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Re: James Washington Value

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... Breakdowns

Washington looked good last preseason, and incredibly good in preseason week 1 this year.

Can he translate it to the regular season this time?
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... Breakdowns

Washington looked good last preseason, and incredibly good in preseason week 1 this year.

Hoping so. But with the Steelers, the "next guy" is always on my radar as I'm sure he's on yours. I'm looking at Diontae Johnson. Wondering if I'd need to take him at 2.08 (#24 overall) or if he'll make it to 3.08 (#40 overall). I suspect he'd be gone by pick 40. In your case, 3.10 (#30) might be the sweet spot. Thoughts?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am

I’m wondering if Diontae didn’t play week 1 because he is AHEAD of Washington on the depth chart and sat with JuJu and Moncrief or because he is behind and doesn’t know the playbook we’ll enough to be out there yet.

WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am I’m wondering if Diontae didn’t play week 1 because he is AHEAD of Washington on the depth chart and sat with JuJu and Moncrief or because he is behind and doesn’t know the playbook we’ll enough to be out there yet.
The unofficial depth chart has him on the third team with Eli Rogers and behind Ryan Switzer. However, he didn’t play due to a last minute hip injury.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

Paul717 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 am
FantasyDumDum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 am http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... Breakdowns

Hoping so. But with the Steelers, the "next guy" is always on my radar as I'm sure he's on yours. I'm looking at Diontae Johnson. Wondering if I'd need to take him at 2.08 (#24 overall) or if he'll make it to 3.08 (#40 overall). I suspect he'd be gone by pick 40. In your case, 3.10 (#30) might be the sweet spot. Thoughts?
24 seems right but 30 isn't out of the question. 40 - no way.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

Same. D Thompson and D Johnson are my targets at 2.10. But now I’m working to get 1-2 more 2nd round picks because at least D Thompson won’t be there

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:52 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

24 seems right but 30 isn't out of the question. 40 - no way.
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking here. Either I spend pick #24 on him or kiss my opportunity to draft him goodbye. On one hand, I'd like to diversify across teams a little this year. On the other hand, the Steelers WR position has been very good to me over the years! I've drafted Mike Wallace, E. Sanders, Washington, and picked up A. Brown on the wire during his rookie year. Had a couple of misses, like Sammie Coates; but generally it has been a good investment.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am

As far as his current value... I think Washington is a strong “hold”.

Nobody is going to give me a first round pick for him.... But I’m not giving him for a 2nd or 2nd + 3rd type of trade.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm

I would not sell James Wash straight up. Nobody's giving you a prestigious pick. If you're inclined to move him I would prefer to package him plus something to get the better asset. There is zero point in trading him straight up for a mid-pick just to reset the clock. He flashed early as a rookie and I suspect he will flash some more this season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm I would not sell James Wash straight up. Nobody's giving you a prestigious pick. If you're inclined to move him I would prefer to package him plus something to get the better asset. There is zero point in trading him straight up for a mid-pick just to reset the clock. He flashed early as a rookie and I suspect he will flash some more this season.
I was with you until you said he flashed last year. He averaged about 1 rec for 16 yards and .07 TD per game

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm I would not sell James Wash straight up. Nobody's giving you a prestigious pick. If you're inclined to move him I would prefer to package him plus something to get the better asset. There is zero point in trading him straight up for a mid-pick just to reset the clock. He flashed early as a rookie and I suspect he will flash some more this season.
I was with you until you said he flashed last year. He averaged about 1 rec for 16 yards and .07 TD per game
You probably have a different definition of flashed. As I am sure you know, to some owners a player flashes if he has a big game, to others he showed something on (NFL) tape. So for example, I do not think James Washington flashed based off of his rookie stats, but I do think he flashed enough based off of seeing he could play at the next level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et1Aa6J3BAU

Yeah I know its a highlight video - but (imho) I thought he tracked the deep throws very well and had very good ball security. Does that make him the next WR Breakout - absolutely not - but I saw enough that I felt comfortable with his progression so far.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am

Imagine giving up on a prolific college WR after 1 season in the NFL.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 am

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am Imagine giving up on a prolific college WR after 1 season in the NFL.
This. Three 1000 yard seasons in college proves the kid can ball out. He just needs to seize his current opportunity.

I won't even mention what his player profiler comparison is...those interested, feel free to go take a glance.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 am

This is what I did about a month ago while I was on the clock, traded James Washington + 1.09 for Chris Godwin. 1.09 ended up being Andy Isabella.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:16 am

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am Imagine giving up on a prolific college WR after 1 season in the NFL.
Well to be fair, he had one of the worst rookie seasons among WRs that saw decent snaps ever. He was the lowest rated rookie WR last yr per PFF; and among rookie WRs that posted 220 yrds or lower in their rookie season (a total of 465), only 1.7% broke out the following season (8/465). So I can't blame ppl if they want to cut and run.

With that said, he might break out in yr 3/4, he obviously has solid rapport with Rudolph (if he is the true QB heir apparent) so I completely agree that it's somewhat pointless to sell simply to reset the clock.

Just wanted to temper some expectations after a big preseason game. We all saw Jeff Janis obliterate preseason every yr to go on and do nothing in the regular season.

FWIW, I was buying into the hype myself, and heavily looking into trading for JWash until I saw this video, so it's a worth a look if you're considering trading for him...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHntpAKFvY
snaps06 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 am This. Three 1000 yard seasons in college proves the kid can ball out. He just needs to seize his current opportunity.

I won't even mention what his player profiler comparison is...those interested, feel free to go take a glance.
I wouldn't put too much stock into playerprofiler comps. Corey Coleman was comp'd to OBJ...Devin Funchess to Brandon Marshall...Dorial Green-Beckham to Marques Colston...They're fun but far from an indicator of future success