AB to the Bills *Unconfirmed*

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Re: AB to the Bills *Unconfirmed*

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am

JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am People act like Antonio Brown is alone at fault. He doesnt do the reporting or the memes. Not to mention you said sport - the NFL is not a sport it is a business. AB is going to handle the business his way & the Steelers will handle business their way. Which side has a lot more money, influence & ability to spin the narrative I'll let you figure out.

I have no issues with how Antonio Brown has handled himself throughout his career. And putting blame on guys like him or Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham who do not act like how people want them to act for the "me too generation" is a very simplistic approach.

Well, I'll respectfully disagree. I'd say it is the very opposite of a simplistic approach. The manor in which he puts himself out there on public tweets, and what he says about who he will or will not play for etc IS THE PROBLEM. There simply is a far more dignified way to do what he wants to do. HE is being an immature diva. I'm not saying that this isn't a business or that he shouldn't care about himself as a business asset. I am however saying that they way he portrays himself is negative, brash, rude, immature, and frankly he sets an incredibly poor example to kids that pay attention to this. It is complete BS and I'll agree that I had no issues with him for most of his career, but for hte past 6 months or so, that has changed. He is now more of a spoiled brat, POS and I will put blame on him because he is calling for it. "ME to generation" is what they are and frankly, I didn't like the way that T Owens handled himself either. So, there's that. These guys are grown up versions of spoiled brats with money. Grow up, be a man, communicate effectively, don't throw temper tantrums in public in order to get your way.... How the F do you defend that approach? It is indefensible in my world view. Pathetic way of going about business, horrible example to set, and as far as I'm concerned, I hope he is done and retires. Peace out girl scout. Defend him all you want but those of you with kids... the next time your kid throws a temper tantrum, be sure to give in and let your kid have his or her way. Because, that is precisely what you are saying you'd support.
You know who is actually a bad example for kids: Kareem Hunt, Joe Mixon, Tyreek Hill. These guys transgressions are 10,000x worse than what you are claiming Antonio Brown’s are.

And you know who is likely the absolute worst role model in the league for kids? The biggest immoral scumbag in the sport of football? The guy who Antonio Brown started his whole media storm about not getting along with? Ben Roethlisberger. By all accounts a bad leader, a bad teammate, and a serial rapist.

Your post is just beyond ridiculous.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am People act like Antonio Brown is alone at fault. He doesnt do the reporting or the memes. Not to mention you said sport - the NFL is not a sport it is a business. AB is going to handle the business his way & the Steelers will handle business their way. Which side has a lot more money, influence & ability to spin the narrative I'll let you figure out.

I have no issues with how Antonio Brown has handled himself throughout his career. And putting blame on guys like him or Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham who do not act like how people want them to act for the "me too generation" is a very simplistic approach.

Well, I'll respectfully disagree. I'd say it is the very opposite of a simplistic approach. The manor in which he puts himself out there on public tweets, and what he says about who he will or will not play for etc IS THE PROBLEM. There simply is a far more dignified way to do what he wants to do. HE is being an immature diva. I'm not saying that this isn't a business or that he shouldn't care about himself as a business asset. I am however saying that they way he portrays himself is negative, brash, rude, immature, and frankly he sets an incredibly poor example to kids that pay attention to this. It is complete BS and I'll agree that I had no issues with him for most of his career, but for hte past 6 months or so, that has changed. He is now more of a spoiled brat, POS and I will put blame on him because he is calling for it. "ME to generation" is what they are and frankly, I didn't like the way that T Owens handled himself either. So, there's that. These guys are grown up versions of spoiled brats with money. Grow up, be a man, communicate effectively, don't throw temper tantrums in public in order to get your way.... How the F do you defend that approach? It is indefensible in my world view. Pathetic way of going about business, horrible example to set, and as far as I'm concerned, I hope he is done and retires. Peace out girl scout. Defend him all you want but those of you with kids... the next time your kid throws a temper tantrum, be sure to give in and let your kid have his or her way. Because, that is precisely what you are saying you'd support.
It seems to me what you are saying is the way Antonio Brown is portrayed by YOU is "negative, brash, rude, immature, and frankly he sets an incredibly poor example to kids that pay attention to this". Like you said - in your worldview. That is your perspective and you are entitled to it (obviously). It is not my worldview or perspective. If you don't like it - no need to read it / follow it. Pretty much the same stance as we have on DLF forums. If you don't like a thread - do not read it. If you're bothered by Antonio Browns actions then focus on something else. I am sure there are plenty of other players whose actions fit the worldview you want.

I am not defending Antonio Brown other than to say I do not think he has any responsibility or role in how the "me too" generation perception that some people have on todays kids / millenials. There are simply too many potential causes / reasons / issues to pin this on NFL players and their social media / perceived behavior. Maybe one of those causes is people anonymously bashing Athletes on message boards. Maybe your post will encourage a kid to misbehave. :crazy: I mean whats with the peace out girl scout - is that supposed to be some sort of negative connotation? :ewink:

And honestly I personally am quite tired of this Athlete/Actor/Celebrity has to act in such a way because otherwise it will impact how our kids will act narrative. Plenty of times this sort of moralizing tends to come from people who then in private act the exact opposite of how they tell others to behave. Do as I say not as I do and all that *yawn*. Nor am I the type of person who believes teachers are at fault either (although I am well aware that there are plenty of people who feel underpaid & underappreciated teachers are to blame for many of todays kids). Like I said - it is just too simplistic for me to use Antonio Brown or a Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham as a way to portion blame off to. You disagree - fair enough.

Do I think Antonio Brown could have used social media better - sure. But do I care one way or another. Nope.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am

Ok. You are welcome to your opinion. I’m just of the mind set that using public forums like twitter to purposefully involve the public is a poor way to conduct ones self. I don’t disagree that the league has many players in it that are far from innocent with respect to their personal lives and their actions and choices. Airing it out like many chose to do is more harmful than benifical to both the league and the player as an individual. If you are for it, cool with me. I’m not a fan of our nations president as he does something similar daily. All it does is divide. When one grows up, one should be expected to leave Childish ways of getting their way behind them. AB has not helped his stock. You think he has? Who in their right mind wants that in their locker room?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am

I'd love to know your thoughts on Big Ben . . .
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:01 am

Tough sometimes to balance the business and personal sides of sports, to some extent. Different era of athletes now, overall. There has always been some extreme cases, but look at the NBA. Nobody wants to be the man anymore or compete, beat the competition. Football seems to be getting that way too. I always admired Larrt Fitz for sticking it out and nobody would have blamed him for joining a contender in the last year or two. I dont fault Brown for having his wants anddesires, but he burnt those bridges with his social media (why cant players just stay off it?) And crazy interviews. Just a year or so ago Cleveland was a joke of a franchise and a destination people would laugh off. Look at it now. Far worse things AB could do besides be a diva, but either way he is going to be paid a handsome salary to be employed in a game he so-called loves, I think. He has got to bend a little, which it seems he is not. Obviously Buffalo is not a great fit for him, but he easily could have taken the challenge and pushed a team, who with a good offseason of free agency and drafting, could easily compete for a wild Card. Next offseason, maybe, maybe the divison is all of a sudden wide open and he spends his last few years actually going for the East and he would be a legend there if it happened. Listen to most former and current players, they say they ended up loving the Buffalo community and fanbase. AB just does not seem to have that in his DNA, some just dont have that type of character.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 am

JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am I’m just of the mind set that using public forums like twitter to purposefully involve the public is a poor way to conduct ones self.
Honestly I do not disagree simply because as soon as it is publicized you lose control over how it is perceived. I do think that a lot of the time people will post something that they think is in their best interests and not realize until later how it spun out of control.
JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am I don’t disagree that the league has many players in it that are far from innocent with respect to their personal lives and their actions and choices. Airing it out like many chose to do is more harmful than benifical to both the league and the player as an individual.
I quite agree that is the usual outcome. Although I do feel that the NFL prefers to have storylines like this as a distraction over many other storylines. Something like this is much more palatable than Robert Kraft for example.
JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am When one grows up, one should be expected to leave Childish ways of getting their way behind them. AB has not helped his stock. You think he has? Who in their right mind wants that in their locker room?
I think that sure this limits the number of teams that have interest in him. But that did not stop Terrell Owens from getting contracts after Dallas. it did not stop Odell Beckham from getting a new contract. I think a lot of this is more perceived, than actual. I am not saying that Antonio Brown is a saint, or blameless - just that I do not think it will interfere with his actions on the field. My guess is that any team truly interested in AB will talk to players & people / aka their contacts to get the inside story of how Antonio Brown acts and will not rely on just what gets reported.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 am

I completely agree Friction. I don't think we are as far apart as ya think ArryIT. I could have been lighter and less straight forward with my posts sure. I'm just saying, it is a trend and it isn't a good trend. As far as my feelings on Big Ben, well, as a father of two daughters, I loath him and what I believe he is / was guilty of. But, this thread isn't about him, its about AB. I appreciate the way Friction put it. I don't disagree with how AB feels but, when he handles it this way, it makes matters worse. Simple as that. And, it does set a horrible example as his career puts him on a pedestal, like it or not. He spent the vast majority of his career working hard and excelling. I loved that about him. Now, in a matter of months, due to how he chose to handle his side, he reduced himself to a locker room cancer and a player that many coaches would choose to simply avoid. Not sure how this isn't clear to all that care to stay up on this news. Talented as heck yes he is. But, now that talent comes with a negative.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:21 am

They always talk about players coming out to prove something with a "chip on their shoulder", but this is different. He is going to most likely end up in a less than desirable situation on at least a non-top contender, you would think. Lots of pressure to really back up his actions with his performance and more importantly, not blow up the locker room. He has to realize that a lot of these less than desirable places he would be embraced by the fanbase and be supported if he handles it like a professional and gives it his all. Every fanbase will have knuckle head fans that will turn on him if he does not produce, but nothing is quite as bad if he does not open his big mouth and/ or throw temper tantrums.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

I love when fellow DLF forum members feel so superior to another poster's take, and end their post with a comment like;

"Your post is just beyond ridiculous."

Not childish at all. Now, not to totally derail the thread but, this statement came from the same poster that was enveloped with the conspiracy surrounding Gurley not being injured. I guess I could have easily jumped in and called names there, or pointed out how crazy the take seemed, but, I chose to take the high road and let ya think the crazy stuff you were thinking. In this case, I don't believe my opinion on this is ridiculous at all. But, again, Elroypedro, you are who you are. Thanks bud.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 pm

It would be amusing if AB was now doing this to force them to cut him so they get no compensation.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 pm It would be amusing if AB was now doing this to force them to cut him so they get no compensation.
He is playing some sort of game here and this could be what he wants, I kind of agree with this, still unlikely the steelers would actually do this. He just causes so much of a distraction that they just end up getting rid of him. I love him going scorched earth on the steelers right now, but that's due to my bias. If I didn't have a bias I think id find what he is doing wrong.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:30 pm

JFever wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm I love when fellow DLF forum members feel so superior to another poster's take, and end their post with a comment like;

"Your post is just beyond ridiculous."

Not childish at all. Now, not to totally derail the thread but, this statement came from the same poster that was enveloped with the conspiracy surrounding Gurley not being injured. I guess I could have easily jumped in and called names there, or pointed out how crazy the take seemed, but, I chose to take the high road and let ya think the crazy stuff you were thinking. In this case, I don't believe my opinion on this is ridiculous at all. But, again, Elroypedro, you are who you are. Thanks bud.
Always attacking posters and trolling instead of addressing what is actually posted.

I expressly reasoned exactly why your post is beyond ridiculous. It is beyond ridiculous. It is just a downright terrible take.

You brush off the despicable actions of Big Ben when he is the reason AB is wanting out. And what has AB done? Post things on social media and act like a character. Make some demands about where and how he wants to play. And THAT is what you are up in arms about? You aren’t living on this planet. Or maybe for you it has to do with the color of those two particular players skin?

Beyond Ben there is the head coach and GM. Clearly they are a major issue. Treating their talent like bleep. Stringing their borderline future HOF RB along with tags over and over until he just decides he doesn’t even want to play the sport of football for a year because of their piss poor handling. And then alienating their surefire HOF WR, the best at his high profile position in the league for half a decade plus. Other teams pay and even overpay their star backs because they know it is a thankless position. Look at Gurley - monster contract for what 5 years despite what the Rams knew about his knee. Why? Stand up front office. Whereas look at Pitt. And look at Tomlin. Bell doesn’t like him. AB doesn’t like him. He bleep Joey Porter and James Harrison and they both hate his guts.

So Pitt dicks around and treats a lot of their talent like bleep, while putting their serial rapist QB on a pedestal, saying he is the parent and all the other 50+ guys are kids. Literally saying that. Literally. And AB is disgruntled and posts on social media and wants out and again, acts like a complete whacko character. But that isn’t a crime. It isnt even 1/1000th of what Big Ben has done, or the POTUS has done, it isn’t much of anything at all. Yet it is the hill you want to die on and disparage me because I call you out on it?

Now your second post on this topic is also beyond ridiculous.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:57 pm

There is a video of Mr Big Chest working out. Someone else says “got the black and grey on already”. Mr Big Chest ends the video saying “imma announce my new team in a little bit”

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:07 pm

I said in the other thread yesterday that I felt the Raiders were most likely; they want to trade for him but their reservation is a new contract. Three teams apparently talking to Steelers..

Also, this is circulating:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronWilson_ ... gr%5Etweet

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 pm It would be amusing if AB was now doing this to force them to cut him so they get no compensation.
He is playing some sort of game here and this could be what he wants, I kind of agree with this, still unlikely the steelers would actually do this. He just causes so much of a distraction that they just end up getting rid of him. I love him going scorched earth on the steelers right now, but that's due to my bias. If I didn't have a bias I think id find what he is doing wrong.
As a Ravens fan, I can stand with you on this one :)