Page 45 of 52

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:10 pm
by Ice
Phaded wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Phaded wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm
I am not so sure Metcalf got a boost with Baldwin gone; I was under the assumption that most would have understood Metcalf was drafted as the eventual replacement as the WR1 for the Seahawks. I think hoping for immediate significance from Metcalf was always a bit too optimistic and you can call me crazy - but I think he would have benefited more from not being thrust into an every down starter role.

When he does not perform well now in year one - he will be chastised. Rightfully so or not. It can be damaging and challenging to a young kid's resolve.
Hard to buy that. Seattle was well aware of Baldwin and moved up for him. Not sure about targets just yet but 5-8 TD’s and 15 yards per catch are a very real possibility with Wilson.

Seattle does not have much after Lockett.

He will most likely start week 1 like every where else he has ever played.

There will be growing pains for sure but this kid comes from good stock and work ethic is of zero concern.
...I'm not sure what you're debating with me Ice.
It sounds like we agree on the first part of what you said; which is why I said that Metcalf does not suddenly get a boost with Baldwin gone.. because that was the expectation all along..

I also think David Moore is going to get more snaps than people around here are thinking while it takes Metcalf time to adjust.
My thought if Baldwin was able to come back DK most likely wouldn’t start for a while. With Baldwin out of the picture he should start at the X week 1. Lockett will slide to Baldwin’s spot.

By circumstance he should get a boost. I agree that no one should get overly excited. I drafted him for 2020 and beyond but given he should now play more snaps his opportunities increase.

Lockett is redraft guy to own this season. He has Top 10-15 upside

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 pm
by ninotoreS
I'm just saying it's pretty normal for these super-ego athletes to be emotional about themselves. Jordan cried delivering his HoF speech while telling everyone about the high school varsity coach that didn't believe in him (it was surreal).

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:19 pm
by Ice
It is interesting to see the emotional spectrum on the NFL.

Don’t remember Rodgers crying but that I am going destroy you stare is still there today!

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm
by Forza_Azzurri
Ice wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm
I saw players crying all over the place this draft just like drafts every year.

I can imagine it was a little shocking for DK but his tears were obviously a combination of relief and joy.
Funny how some confuse emotion with passion while others will do everything possible to tear down a player.

Imagine he will use as motivation.

Sure hope he doesn’t cry when he drops his first pass! 😁
There is a hilarious video of John Schneider and then Pete Carroll talking to Travis Homer after they drafted him ... Homer is a really reserved & quiet guy and didn't show the slightest emotion ... Schneider and Carroll were saying "Man, do you even want to play football?"

Point being, I don't think Metcalf's emotions are viewed as negatives by the team.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:45 pm
by Ice
Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm
I saw players crying all over the place this draft just like drafts every year.

I can imagine it was a little shocking for DK but his tears were obviously a combination of relief and joy.
Funny how some confuse emotion with passion while others will do everything possible to tear down a player.

Imagine he will use as motivation.

Sure hope he doesn’t cry when he drops his first pass! 😁
There is a hilarious video of John Schneider and then Pete Carroll talking to Travis Homer after they drafted him ... Homer is a really reserved & quiet guy and didn't show the slightest emotion ... Schneider and Carroll were saying "Man, do you even want to play football?"

Point being, I don't think Metcalf's emotions are viewed as negatives by the team.
Haha especially Carroll, his inner college coaching personality comes out this time of year.

Heard DK had his shirt off at the combine interview with Carroll so he took his shirt off too!

Classic 😁

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am
by elkoholic08
i have the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07 and 1.14... as of now plan on taking Metcalf at 1.03 ( i know he wont fall to 1.07). The upside is too much to pass up on and I've loved him since college.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am
by OhCruelestRanter
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am
i have the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07 and 1.14... as of now plan on taking Metcalf at 1.03 ( i know he wont fall to 1.07). The upside is too much to pass up on and I've loved him since college.
Then move back from 1.03 to 1.05 or something.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am
by elkoholic08
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am
i have the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07 and 1.14... as of now plan on taking Metcalf at 1.03 ( i know he wont fall to 1.07). The upside is too much to pass up on and I've loved him since college.
Then move back from 1.03 to 1.05 or something.
Yeah i can try, i just moved back from 1.02 yesterday. Traded 1.02 and Hunter Henry for 1.03 and 1.07. In the upcoming weeks will for sure look to move down from 3 to possibly 4-5. Based on my gut i think the owners who have 4 and 5 really like Metcalf as well :wall:

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 am
by djeternal2
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am
i have the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07 and 1.14... as of now plan on taking Metcalf at 1.03 ( i know he wont fall to 1.07). The upside is too much to pass up on and I've loved him since college.
Then move back from 1.03 to 1.05 or something.
Yeah i can try, i just moved back from 1.02 yesterday. Traded 1.02 and Hunter Henry for 1.03 and 1.07. In the upcoming weeks will for sure look to move down from 3 to possibly 4-5. Based on my gut i think the owners who have 4 and 5 really like Metcalf as well :wall:
If I'm reading that correctly, you traded 1.02 & HH for 1.03 & 1.07? So unless there's more to that trade than what you posted I hate that trade.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:31 am
by elkoholic08
djeternal2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 am
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am


Then move back from 1.03 to 1.05 or something.
Yeah i can try, i just moved back from 1.02 yesterday. Traded 1.02 and Hunter Henry for 1.03 and 1.07. In the upcoming weeks will for sure look to move down from 3 to possibly 4-5. Based on my gut i think the owners who have 4 and 5 really like Metcalf as well :wall:
If I'm reading that correctly, you traded 1.02 & HH for 1.03 & 1.07? So unless there's more to that trade than what you posted I hate that trade.
How come? I have 1.01 so I'm getting Jacobs and call me crazy but I don't think Henry is some game changing TE. There's about 3-4 in the whole league and then you can pretty much stream the TE spot. Plus he's coming off an ACL.

For me 1.07 >>> HH
Obv 1.02> 1.03 but i dont really love N'keal Harry anyway which is who that owner wants.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 am
by djeternal2
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:31 am
djeternal2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 am
elkoholic08 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am


Yeah i can try, i just moved back from 1.02 yesterday. Traded 1.02 and Hunter Henry for 1.03 and 1.07. In the upcoming weeks will for sure look to move down from 3 to possibly 4-5. Based on my gut i think the owners who have 4 and 5 really like Metcalf as well :wall:
If I'm reading that correctly, you traded 1.02 & HH for 1.03 & 1.07? So unless there's more to that trade than what you posted I hate that trade.
How come? I have 1.01 so I'm getting Jacobs and call me crazy but I don't think Henry is some game changing TE. There's about 3-4 in the whole league and then you can pretty much stream the TE spot. Plus he's coming off an ACL.

For me 1.07 >>> HH
Obv 1.02> 1.03 but i dont really love N'keal Harry anyway which is who that owner wants.
I have HH above the 1.07. 1.07/1.08 for me is the range to be taking Hock/Fant so I don't see the point of trading Henry for 1.07/1.08 and basically resetting the clock on a position that generally needs 2-3 yrs to develop in the NFL.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
by JFever
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am
by Jigga94
JFever wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
I see your point... But if people are drafting Hock and Fant around 1.07... and Henry isn't worth 1.07... and Henry is in the same tier with all the others... Then Hock and Fant are TE4 and TE5?

The logic makes no sense, but then again, I'll likely never draft a rookie TE. Always cheaper after the slow start to a career

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 am
by JFever
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am
JFever wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
I see your point... But if people are drafting Hock and Fant around 1.07... and Henry isn't worth 1.07... and Henry is in the same tier with all the others... Then Hock and Fant are TE4 and TE5?

The logic makes no sense, but then again, I'll likely never draft a rookie TE. Always cheaper after the slow start to a career
Well, yes, and no. I don't see any problems at all with the logic. It would honestly prob depend on roster make up and owner evaluations of that muddy tier of players. Henry is talented yes. He is coming off a knee, but reports I think have been good. He is on a nice balanced offense. He'll likely be a 3rd target behind KA and MW. Rivers has to be close to the end of his career... so, those things must be considered along with the growth curve of Fant, Hock, and I.Smith.

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
by Cult of Dionysus
Has anyone drafted DK3©one at 1.01 or even seen him go there?