DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm

DK Metcalf is already an emotionally fragile dude.
If fans start ripping into him, is he going to be the type to step it up or to have a melt down?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 pm

In some other offense this might be too much year one pressure to perform for a guy that still needs time to develop, but this is Schotty's Seattle offense we're talking about, doing its best impression of a 90s / early 2000s ball-control offense.

Lockett can carry the load as the primary chain-mover through the air, and beyond that the Hawks are so run heavy that Mecalf probably won't need to shoulder more than 50-60 targets in year one. For now, in this offense he can stick to just running four routes (fade, post, curl, slant). Heck, he might be able to do it his whole career (other guys have).
What's this in reference to?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu May 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm DK Metcalf is already an emotionally fragile dude.
If fans start ripping into him, is he going to be the type to step it up or to have a melt down?
The average fan can’t tell a well-run route vs. a poor route ... hell, most people on this forum (myself included) can’t make that distinction. Unless he really struggles with drops or his off field behavior becomes an issue, fans aren’t going to be critical of him.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:20 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm DK Metcalf is already an emotionally fragile dude.
The average fan can’t tell a well-run route vs. a poor route ... hell, most people on this forum (myself included) can’t make that distinction. Unless he really struggles with drops or his off field behavior becomes an issue, fans aren’t going to be critical of him.
You're right - the average fan cannot.
The one thing that an average fan does pay attention to?
Statistics. If the statistics are not there, Seahawks fans will be calling him a bust after year one like they are with Penny.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm I am not so sure Metcalf got a boost with Baldwin gone; I was under the assumption that most would have understood Metcalf was drafted as the eventual replacement as the WR1 for the Seahawks. I think hoping for immediate significance from Metcalf was always a bit too optimistic and you can call me crazy - but I think he would have benefited more from not being thrust into an every down starter role.

When he does not perform well now in year one - he will be chastised. Rightfully so or not. It can be damaging and challenging to a young kid's resolve.
Hard to buy that. Seattle was well aware of Baldwin and moved up for him. Not sure about targets just yet but 5-8 TD’s and 15 yards per catch are a very real possibility with Wilson.

Seattle does not have much after Lockett.

He will most likely start week 1 like every where else he has ever played.

There will be growing pains for sure but this kid comes from good stock and work ethic is of zero concern.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 pm In some other offense this might be too much year one pressure to perform for a guy that still needs time to develop, but this is Schotty's Seattle offense we're talking about, doing its best impression of a 90s / early 2000s ball-control offense.

Lockett can carry the load as the primary chain-mover through the air, and beyond that the Hawks are so run heavy that Mecalf probably won't need to shoulder more than 50-60 targets in year one. For now, in this offense he can stick to just running four routes (fade, post, curl, slant). Heck, he might be able to do it his whole career (other guys have).
What's this in reference to?
I would think the 2 minutes of crying from falling in the draft. I think it there was a podcast that talked about that, too. The idea that you'd prefer to see the guy take the attitude of saying I'm going to prove ya'll wrong type thing, as apposed to blubbering about why'd you wait so long and losing all control of speech. Not saying I agree, but I think that might be the idea.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:20 pm
Statistics. If the statistics are not there, Seahawks fans will be calling him a bust after year one like they are with Penny.
I sincerely apologize for the rabbit trail here, but are you implying Penny isn’t currently profiling as a bust? Any RB taken in the 1st round who can’t move beyond 3rd on the depth chart is looking like a bust.

It’s not Penny's fault, he was viewed by just about everyone as a mid-late day 2 guy, and that’s where his talent seems to lie. A Tevin Coleman, Miami Lamar Miller, etc type of talent who isn’t good enough or ready enough to be a workhorse (at least not yet). That’s a bust.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 09, 2019 5:52 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:20 pm The average fan can’t tell a well-run route vs. a poor route ... hell, most people on this forum (myself included) can’t make that distinction. Unless he really struggles with drops or his off field behavior becomes an issue, fans aren’t going to be critical of him.
I sincerely apologize for the rabbit trail here, but are you implying Penny isn’t currently profiling as a bust? Any RB taken in the 1st round who can’t move beyond 3rd on the depth chart is looking like a bust.

It’s not Penny's fault, he was viewed by just about everyone as a mid-late day 2 guy, and that’s where his talent seems to lie. A Tevin Coleman, Miami Lamar Miller, etc type of talent who isn’t good enough or ready enough to be a workhorse (at least not yet). That’s a bust.
DJ wasn't going to overtake CJ until CJ got hurt. It takes small school guys a little longer to adjust sometimes, especially when injured in training camp/preseason. Has nothing to do with being a bust.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Fans were labeling Penny a bust because he was a 1st round picked RB that didn't win the starting job. They were doing that before the season even started, so it wasn't about stats.

I think Hawk fans are bright enough to understand if their offense only throws 475 times, their WR2 and WR3 probably aren't gonna have big stats.
FantasyFreak wrote:I would think the 2 minutes of crying from falling in the draft.
I watched Tom Brady get teary eyed in an interview in 2017 regarding how he fell in his draft.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Tom Brady is a sissy little crybaby.
:)

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Well, maybe, but he's also the GOAT, so. I think Metcalf will get a pass for being emotional about dropping.

Do people remember Lawrence Phillips balling his eyes out on the bench once after he fumbled in a Nebraska game? He strangled a street gang hitman to death in the prison cell they shared.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:53 pm Fans were labeling Penny a bust because he was a 1st round picked RB that didn't win the starting job. They were doing that before the season even started, so it wasn't about stats.

I think Hawk fans are bright enough to understand if their offense only throws 475 times, their WR2 and WR3 probably aren't gonna have big stats.
FantasyFreak wrote:I would think the 2 minutes of crying from falling in the draft.
I watched Tom Brady get teary eyed in an interview in 2017 regarding how he fell in his draft.
Yeah, like I said, that's the narrative floating around out there, not saying I agree with it. But I've heard it talked about, in regards to Metcalf's mental make up.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Ice wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm I am not so sure Metcalf got a boost with Baldwin gone; I was under the assumption that most would have understood Metcalf was drafted as the eventual replacement as the WR1 for the Seahawks. I think hoping for immediate significance from Metcalf was always a bit too optimistic and you can call me crazy - but I think he would have benefited more from not being thrust into an every down starter role.

When he does not perform well now in year one - he will be chastised. Rightfully so or not. It can be damaging and challenging to a young kid's resolve.
Hard to buy that. Seattle was well aware of Baldwin and moved up for him. Not sure about targets just yet but 5-8 TD’s and 15 yards per catch are a very real possibility with Wilson.

Seattle does not have much after Lockett.

He will most likely start week 1 like every where else he has ever played.

There will be growing pains for sure but this kid comes from good stock and work ethic is of zero concern.
...I'm not sure what you're debating with me Ice.
It sounds like we agree on the first part of what you said; which is why I said that Metcalf does not suddenly get a boost with Baldwin gone.. because that was the expectation all along..

I also think David Moore is going to get more snaps than people around here are thinking while it takes Metcalf time to adjust.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:59 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm Well, maybe, but he's the GOAT, so. I think Metcalf will get a pass for being emotional about dropping.
I've also heard steroids mess with your testosterone and emotions..
Just saying.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm

I saw players crying all over the place this draft just like drafts every year.

I can imagine it was a little shocking for DK but his tears were obviously a combination of relief and joy.
Funny how some confuse emotion with passion while others will do everything possible to tear down a player.

Imagine he will use as motivation.

Sure hope he doesn’t cry when he drops his first pass! 😁
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts