DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6409
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby JFever » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am

Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5732
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am

JFever wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
I see your point... But if people are drafting Hock and Fant around 1.07... and Henry isn't worth 1.07... and Henry is in the same tier with all the others... Then Hock and Fant are TE4 and TE5?

The logic makes no sense, but then again, I'll likely never draft a rookie TE. Always cheaper after the slow start to a career
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, J. Jackson, Ito, Mostert
WR: Tyreek, Julio, Cooks, D.J. Moore, Hollywood, C. Davis, Parris, Washington, MVS, Preston, KeeSean
TE: Andrews, Henry
2020: 1, 2, 3...

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Baker, Cam, Rivers, Minshew, Foles (IR)
RB: CMC, Kerryon, Ingram, Penny, Hunt, J. Jackson J. Samuels, Gus, Ballage
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, C. Davis, Parris, Fuller, MVS, Preston, Pettis
TE: Andrews, Hock, Henry, Herndon
2020: 1, 1, 2,
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6409
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby JFever » Thu May 23, 2019 11:12 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am
JFever wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
I see your point... But if people are drafting Hock and Fant around 1.07... and Henry isn't worth 1.07... and Henry is in the same tier with all the others... Then Hock and Fant are TE4 and TE5?

The logic makes no sense, but then again, I'll likely never draft a rookie TE. Always cheaper after the slow start to a career
Well, yes, and no. I don't see any problems at all with the logic. It would honestly prob depend on roster make up and owner evaluations of that muddy tier of players. Henry is talented yes. He is coming off a knee, but reports I think have been good. He is on a nice balanced offense. He'll likely be a 3rd target behind KA and MW. Rivers has to be close to the end of his career... so, those things must be considered along with the growth curve of Fant, Hock, and I.Smith.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.


User avatar
wickerkat1212
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Has anyone drafted DK3©one at 1.01 or even seen him go there?
His ADP at MFL is 6.73. A range of 1 to 18. So yes, it must be happening somewhere.
D3:
QB—Roethlisberger, Mariota, Allen, Tannehill, Rudolph
RB—EE, Cohen, Henry, EMcGuire, JSamuels, Pollard, Adams
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Harry, Hardman, Zay. Amendola, Meredith, Chark
TE—Burton, Doyle, Knox, Jonnu, Shaheen
PK—Zuerlain
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Winston, Fitzpatrick
RB—Conner, Cohen, Howard, DWilliams, JSamuels, Snell, CEdmonds, JJackson
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeffery, Amendola, Miller, Cain, Dorsett, Perriman
TE—Olsen, IThomas, Gesicki, McDonald, Waller
PK—Gostkowski
DEF—Rams, Jags

Ice
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Ice » Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 pm

I have seen him go 1.2 a few times in non SF leagues.

In one of my leagues I had 1.1 and 1.2. Took Jacobs 1 and DK 2. Harry went 3.

He seems to be going top 5 consistently now given his location.

Jacobs is going 1.1 in virtually every league I am involved in or monitoring.


jenkins.math
Starter
Starter
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby jenkins.math » Thu May 23, 2019 1:53 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Has anyone drafted DK3©one at 1.01 or even seen him go there?
His ADP at MFL is 6.73. A range of 1 to 18. So yes, it must be happening somewhere.
That may have happened with someone who held 1.01 and 1.02. Similar to guys last year that held the top 2 picks and chose to take Barkley 2nd just because.
14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14, .5 PPR
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Darnold
RB: Barkley, Mark Ingram, Montgomery, Dion Lewis, Ito Smith, Jaylen Samuels, Edwards, Pollard,
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Cooks, Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, James Washington
TE: Walker, Njoku, Irv Smith, Jordan Thomas
K: Elliott
D/ST: Eagles
DL: Cameron Jordan
LB: Tremaine Edmunds
DB: Derwin James

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5083
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 23, 2019 2:26 pm

JFever wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 am
Many on this site are quite fond of Hunter Henry. Probably a tad too fond. There is upside there and he is a very physically talented player but the reality is - he is in a tier of TE's that is full of questions and potential. Engram, Njoku, Howard, Ebron, etc all are in his range. After Kelce,Ertz,Kittle - it really is a crap shoot and I could see the argument of 2-3 TE from this very draft class being valued over Henry. Not saying I'd do that myself, but, I could understand it if one didn't trust Henry with his knee and eventually soon, life without Rivers.
I'll take Henry over Fant (and any other TE in this class not named Hock) all day long.

Henry's 2017 tape shows a precocious stud. Unlike with Fant, who currently has route-craft and an issue with drops, Henry's pro excellence isn't a projection of potential -- we already know he's friggin good.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7526
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm

The earliest I have seen Metcalf go in any of my leagues, 1 QB, SF or IDP is 3rd overall. His ADP (in leagues I am in) is currently 6.1 versus 8.0 for Superflex/2QB leagues.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

bjd5211
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm

He's going 5th or 6th in all my drafts so far.

Edit: Among position players*, SF leagues he's going between 6th and 8th overall.

pvillebiker
Starter
Starter
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby pvillebiker » Thu May 23, 2019 5:17 pm

I picked DK Metcalf at 1.09 a few weeks ago in a SF rookie draft. 2 QB's and 2 TE's went before him. Couldn't believe he fell that far.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter
Posts: 603
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby wingnutty » Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 pm

I’m up at 2.01. DK is there. He’s mine lol

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Warwick9 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:23 pm

A guy with a top 3 ceiling at 2.01, unbelievable, I felt I couldn't pass up his ceiling even though there is risk at 1.05

He couldn't have landed in a better spot, maybe Mahomes but even then I think I'd rather have the most efficient deep ball QB in the league throwing him the rock in WIlson. Even if he gets targeted 6 times a game, you know there's a good chance of a house call with this freak. His 3 cone drill isn't going to halt the fact that DK is twice the size of\ most DBs he will face, and faster then all of them. Wilson gets the ball to him in stride. Game Over
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7526
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bay City Original, mild, RookieFever and 4 guests