DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby remedy29 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm hoping Carroll retires this year
I always laugh when I read these fantasy football nerds (we all are) complain about Pete Carroll. Like he is a terrible fantasy football coach...how dare he not get Penny the ball or let Russell Wilson throw 60 times a game to pad our precious fantasy PPR stats.
In reality, he is an excellent American tackle football coach. Playing tackle football is something I think very few on this forum know anything about. In fact, I don't think many NFL fans actually know what playing football is about. They just know fantasy. Rant over.

DK Metcalf outlook looks good. I wouldn't be too worried about Gordon, he perhaps eats into Metcalf playing time this year, but long term he is no issue.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Monster game today.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:21 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:33 pm Monster game today.
He had a couple near misses as well ..l I loved his usage today. Of course Lockett caught 13 of 18 targets. He was 11 of 13 at one poi;t. Just filthy.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:08 pm

It's unlikely that two WRs see those target counts game to game moving forward in that offense - but if they do, Wilson is definitely the guy to get them there and is probably going to win MVP at this rate.

That said, Metcalf looks good.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:25 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:46 pm what is there to develop? I think getting targets and letting your all-world QB throw more would be a good way to develop. If you mean as a person/adult/professional then I don't know how to judge that from my couch but Pete does seem supportive.

Anyways, anyone want to predict the impact of Gordon? I know he's a FA to be so hopefully not much long-term but it's not like the depth guys on SEA were stepping up. I wonder if it could create a buy window
Development-wise, the Seahawks under Carroll have a pretty damn strong track record of developing WRs who've come into the league as severely incomplete players, and making the most of them. An even better record of that on the defensive end. That's stood out to me because for most teams, a developmental project signing there is a death-rattle.
are you counting doug baldwin because he was a UDFA? I don't think this remotely applies to him and can't think of anyone else you are referring to

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:26 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm hoping Carroll retires this year
I always laugh when I read these fantasy football nerds (we all are) complain about Pete Carroll. Like he is a terrible fantasy football coach...how dare he not get Penny the ball or let Russell Wilson throw 60 times a game to pad our precious fantasy PPR stats.
In reality, he is an excellent American tackle football coach. Playing tackle football is something I think very few on this forum know anything about. In fact, I don't think many NFL fans actually know what playing football is about. They just know fantasy. Rant over.
I'm not a Seahawk fan but Pete certainly gets ragged by the analytics community (deservedly so) for how he manages his team. At the same time, this is a dynasty fantasy forum, why should I care how good of an actual football coach he is? Pete Carroll has had Russell Wilson for 8 years and has had a top 5 offense one time. I'm also a fan of the sport first and Russ to DK is a lot of fun to watch. Less Pete = more Russ. No hard feelings, I wish him a long and happy retirement :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30 am

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:22 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:25 am Ice (and other Metcalf fans),

Just stumbled across this tweet and thought you might get enjoyment out of it (if you had not already seen it):

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/ ... 5779368966
Thanks, I am not a twitter user but enjoyed the quick read.

DK as a rookie is exceeding expectations. He is an obvious legit red zone threat on a very conservative offense:

I expected around 8 or so TD’s this season with some upside.

People do like to bash this player for a variety of reason from health, experience, and route running but what should be obvious to everyone is the fact he is developing as a player and Wilson is certainly looking his way with confidence when scores are needed.

The future looks very bright for DK. His upside should be obvious at this point to everyone that is studying his play.

Looking forward to seeing his development over the next few years as he matures and develops his rare skill sets.

The Seahawks organization has to be very pleased overall with their selection.
Since you liked the last one - here is another one

https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/11 ... 8626197506

Personally I have no problems with anyone who makes a hot take - as long as they own it when they are wrong. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30 am
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:22 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:25 am Ice (and other Metcalf fans),

Just stumbled across this tweet and thought you might get enjoyment out of it (if you had not already seen it):

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/ ... 5779368966
Thanks, I am not a twitter user but enjoyed the quick read.

DK as a rookie is exceeding expectations. He is an obvious legit red zone threat on a very conservative offense:

I expected around 8 or so TD’s this season with some upside.

People do like to bash this player for a variety of reason from health, experience, and route running but what should be obvious to everyone is the fact he is developing as a player and Wilson is certainly looking his way with confidence when scores are needed.

The future looks very bright for DK. His upside should be obvious at this point to everyone that is studying his play.

Looking forward to seeing his development over the next few years as he matures and develops his rare skill sets.

The Seahawks organization has to be very pleased overall with their selection.
Since you liked the last one - here is another one

https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/11 ... 8626197506

Personally I have no problems with anyone who makes a hot take - as long as they own it when they are wrong. :)
Agree! Thanks!

Obviously, Wilson is a beast of a QB and trusts DK. DK's talent was on full display yesterday; He showed excellent gear changes in his routes and acceleration on the TD was scary good. That back shoulder catch in overtime was an outstanding ball adjustment and he set the team up to win with very good awareness late in regulation but for a missed field goal.

DK is up to a top 20 fantasy WR YTD with 536 total yards and 5 TD's with a couple of 2 pointers thrown in for good measure.

DK is a still a rookie and making mistakes but his growth as a WR is evident and exciting. He ran excellent routes yesterday and fortunately for him he has a great QB that is giving DK every opportunity to showcase his talents.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:11 am

Can we get him to re run the 3 cone to see if it has improved?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:03 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:11 am Can we get him to re run the 3 cone to see if it has improved?
:lol:

Too funny.

Although I have always been curious about what metrics would look like if the players were tested every year rather than just at the Combine.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:44 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:03 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:11 am Can we get him to re run the 3 cone to see if it has improved?

Too funny.

Although I have always been curious about what metrics would look like if the players were tested every year rather than just at the Combine.
Seriously, line all the guys up every year in training camp. We would have so much data at that point and way too much time on our hands in the off-season to over analyze

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:44 am

Too funny.

Seriously, line all the guys up every year in training camp. We would have so much data at that point and way too much time on our hands in the off-season to over analyze
They’d never do that (no one would want opponents to see the numbers) but it’d be cool to see the numbers especially for guys like Hollywood who missed pre-draft testing w/injuries.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:01 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am

Too funny.

They’d never do that (no one would want opponents to see the numbers) but it’d be cool to see the numbers especially for guys like Hollywood who missed pre-draft testing w/injuries.
Ya at least do a competition maybe. I was having the debate about Hollywood vs Tyreek in a race today. Would pay to see it

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:19 am

:biggrin:

Even DK would probably laugh at that!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:01 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am

Ya at least do a competition maybe. I was having the debate about Hollywood vs Tyreek in a race today. Would pay to see it
True, since Hollywood did not run the 40, they cannot even run the 2 tapes side by side as a comparison. Maybe they could be talked into it as a charity race.

Anyways Ice - I figure this is pretty obvious but would you agree that having Metcalf allows for an even more productive Wilson to Lockett connection? IE Metcalf & Lockett complement / benefit each other?