DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 am

I present this without commentary one whether or not he should be the 1.01. Given his limited production and tape I still think that's up for discussion without seeing landing spots and draft capital. My point here is that when rookie drafts start happening, I think Metcalf's ADP is going to separate from the group. If you want Metcalf and don't have the 1.01, I'd consider trading up now, as the price usually rises.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:49 am

Nah N'Keal is mine, but I have 1.01 and 1.02 so I'll get both.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:52 am

I have no arguments over someone having DK, or Harry, or Jacobs, or Sanders, or Butler or insert player name here, as the 1.01

But I am just happy I dont have the 1.01 this year like I did last year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeah, DK was on his way to a big year before he got hurt. He played 6 games and change, and had 569 yards and 5 TD's, so the production was happening before it got cut short playing on special teams. (Not sure why his coach thought that was a good idea). I had him comped to Josh Gordon months ago, in terms of only 2 years in college, not a massive amount of production, but having the size, speed and football skills to become a beast if everything goes well. He's certainly not as safe as the 1.01's of the last few years, but his ceiling is still very, very high.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 pm

With the molasses 3 cone drill and short shuttles he ran at the combine it’s no slam dunk. I think I would rather have Harry as well
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Dude is a freak athlete, but it is an absolute fact his route tree is very lacking. I've seen far to many 'freak' WRs flop to trust a prospect like Metcalf with 1.01 when there are 2 ascending RBs that at this point appear much closer to 'can't miss'. Of course we all waste time and energy fine tuning lists and then the draft comes and we start over....ok....maybe that's just me hahaha.

Metcalf isn't AJG/Julio as a prospect, even if his upside is comparable. I'll continue to try help my fellow forum brother and sister pump the brakes on Metcalf...not to imply pull the ebrake...
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 pm

C_n_red_again wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 pm With the molasses 3 cone drill and short shuttles he ran at the combine it’s no slam dunk. I think I would rather have Harry as well
And that's fine- I might agree with you. If you own the 1.01, you'll probably be able to trade back. If you love Harry, you'll probably only have to move to 1.02.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Bluesox22
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bluesox22 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:42 pm

I would still take AJ Brown given his college production, route running, and solid combine #'s. I feel like Metcalf is going to be a perennial "tease" given his injury history. DK reminds me a bit of Dorial Green Beckham, and we know how he turned out.
12 team, 25 final roster spots, 1/2 pt PPR, 10 starters, 1 QB
2018 Champion

QB: Russell Wilson, Jimmy G, Brissett
RB: Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead, Raheem Mostart, Jay Ajayi, Brian Hill
WR: Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Boyd, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, M Lee, Albert Wilson, R Cobb, Demarcus Robinson
TE: George Kittle, Evan Engram, G Everett, Jonnu Smith

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:06 pm

D.K. has been my top prospect for a long time before the combine. The Combine certainly checked off a lot of boxes. I have been quietly laughing at those buying into his 3 cone where he wasn't clean in the drill or his body fat number but any team interested probably could care less about that drill and if they are for some reason he will re run it. Height, weight, arms length, hand size, Bench vertical, Broad Jump, and 40 were all elite. He caught the ball easily. There are several WR's that should translate to NFL1 type players for their teams.

I like two RB's a lot in this draft as well.

I could see picks all over the map this year. There are several very high upside prospects that should have great NFL careers. 3 potential great TE's at the back of the 1st or top of the 2nd as well.

In a vacuum I have D.K. #1 but fantasy drafts are a ways off. There is a team or two I would pass on him at the very top if he ends up the there.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Nope. He's not good enough in route running.

Marquise brown- sanders and murray for sflex are all my best prospects this year
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Metcalf isn't in my top 5 at wr.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm

I think the bust potential of him is way too high. He is extremely high risk high reward. Good luck to those that take him that early.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm

DK reminds me too much of a freakier athletic version of Kevin White (who I fell hard for). Limited route tree, limited production, fits height weight speed criteria to make you fall in love with the potential.

We play fantasy football for the production of the players and frankly DK hasn't produced to the level of his athleticism really ever. I don't want to hear the extrapolate his stats argument because we can do that with anybody and make them look rosy. Extrapolated stats never won any fantasy matchups
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:45 pm

HawkeyeState wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm DK reminds me too much of a freakier athletic version of Kevin White (who I fell hard for). Limited route tree, limited production, fits height weight speed criteria to make you fall in love with the potential.

We play fantasy football for the production of the players and frankly DK hasn't produced to the level of his athleticism really ever. I don't want to hear the extrapolate his stats argument because we can do that with anybody and make them look rosy. Extrapolated stats never won any fantasy matchups
I haven't watched any film on DK yet so keep that in mind, but one major difference between the two is Kevin White's College YPR was scary low (given that he was a size/speed specimen), while DK's is insanely high. The big issue I had with White was that despite all his athleticism he could never get open or beat anyone with his speed (at least not consistently). Now DK may have similar issues but the stats kind of tell a different story. I'm not advocating that a really high College YPR is a good thing. Sometimes it is (Mike Evans, DT) but sometimes it's not (Perriman, Stephen Hill). Anyway, I've blabbered on too long now. Just my 2 cents on why I think it's sort of comparing apples to oranges.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:50 pm

I’m not sure if he’s the 1.01 or not, but the whole “route running” knock is silly. He’s 21 years old. He can learn how to run routes. You can’t teach these smaller, older, slower, more polished route-runners how to be an athletic freak like Metcalf.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0