DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:43 am

tresskid84 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:37 am
Factory of Sadness wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 am I am so bored of talking about his agility scores. Hardly any of the other big guys of recent years even have agility scores because they don't run the damn drills. Your starting assumption about any big WR of recent vintage that didn't run the 3 cone needs to be that he tried it in practice and it was very, very bad. Boykin ran it and nailed it in 6.77. It's a very safe bet that Harry and Butler would have been bad when they tried it or they would probably have run it at the Combine. Once we're clear that Metcalf's 3 cone is historically bad amongst people WHO HAVE CHOSEN TO RUN THE DRILL, we can move onto the fact that running around 3 cones is not an exact, objective, transferable measurement and then we can talk about Metcalf.
This is just laughably untrue. Yes there are a handful that haven't, but most of them have, between the combine and their pro days. St Brown and Chark are the only WR's 6'2 and over that didn't do the agility drills last year. Mike Williams is the only wr 6'2 and over not to do it in 17 (Davis and Mack Hollins did not work out due to injuries). Tajae Sharpe is the only one from 16 not to do it. Perriman and Parker were the only ones in 15 not to do it. Meanwhile, I have somewhere around 90 wrs over 6'2 that did do their 3 cones and shuttles. I'm not saying your over-arching point isn't valid, but this narrative that big wrs don't do these drills is just flat out incorrect.
In 2014, only Cody Latimer and Quincy Enunwa didn't perform the agility drills at all. In 2013, I don't have any wrs 6'2 and over over without a 3 cone and Shuttle. Same goes for 2012 and 2011.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:46 am

It appears that I am wrong :)

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:46 am It appears that I am wrong :)
If you want to specifically say at the combine, this is more true. There is definitely a growing trend of not doing he agility drills at the combine, and that is really across most positions at the combine. A lot of guys are waiting until their pro days to do it these days (but not all, obviously).
2 SF, 8 Flex

WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW

WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:26 am

So I had a look at WRs drafted in the Top Ten - and took a guess at this year's Top Ten. I found 24 guys since 2015 who were 6'2" and were able to run at the combine. 13 did run the 3 cone. 11 didn't.
I think this shows that big WRs expecting to go high only run it if they think they will run it well. It also shows that I go back to work tomorrow after a 2 week holiday and I don't want to do the work I need to do before tomorrow...
Hakeem Butler NO
JJ Arcege Whitesde NO
Miles Boykin YES
AJ Brown NO
Kelvin Harmon YES
N’Keal Harry NO
DK Metcalf YES
Courtland Sutton YES
D.J. Chark NO
Tre'Quan Smith YES
Mike Williams NO
Zay Jones YES
Cooper Kupp YES
Juju Smith-Schuster NO
Chris Godwin YES
Amarah Daboh NO
Josh Doctson YES
Laquon Treadwell NO
Michael Thomas YES
Chris Moore YES
Kevin White YES
Devante Parker NO
DGB YES
Devin Funchess NO

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 am

Honestly - unless a player knows they are going to do well at ANY given drill, I don't know why they would run it..

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:50 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:26 am So I had a look at WRs drafted in the Top Ten - and took a guess at this year's Top Ten. I found 24 guys since 2015 who were 6'2" and were able to run at the combine. 13 did run the 3 cone. 11 didn't.
I think this shows that big WRs expecting to go high only run it if they think they will run it well. It also shows that I go back to work tomorrow after a 2 week holiday and I don't want to do the work I need to do before tomorrow...
Hakeem Butler NO
JJ Arcege Whitesde NO
Miles Boykin YES
AJ Brown NO
Kelvin Harmon YES
N’Keal Harry NO
DK Metcalf YES
Courtland Sutton YES
D.J. Chark NO
Tre'Quan Smith YES
Mike Williams NO
Zay Jones YES
Cooper Kupp YES
Juju Smith-Schuster NO
Chris Godwin YES
Amarah Daboh NO
Josh Doctson YES
Laquon Treadwell NO
Michael Thomas YES
Chris Moore YES
Kevin White YES
Devante Parker NO
DGB YES
Devin Funchess NO
Like I said, if you are ONLY looking at the combine, this is more true. Most of them did it at their pro days.
2 SF, 8 Flex

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 am Honestly - unless a player knows they are going to do well at ANY given drill, I don't know why they would run it..
This. Metcalf’s agent allowing him to run the 3 cone constitutes a fireable offense.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am
Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 am Honestly - unless a player knows they are going to do well at ANY given drill, I don't know why they would run it..
This. Metcalf’s agent allowing him to run the 3 cone constitutes a fireable offense.
While the 3 cone seems to important in fantasy land, anyone of you who actually think the professional scouts, GM's and teams think this drill is important to them for D.K. simply don't have a clue. He is not an edge rusher or a RB that needs short area lateral quickness.

For all you 3 cone experts out there, try to explain one route that is important for D.K.'s game that the 3 Cone will hurt him on. Then post the spider graph for a Hopkins, D.K. and Calvin and explain the differences.

While I guess it's fun to discuss, I find it comical so keep it going! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am
While the 3 cone seems to important in fantasy land, anyone of you who actually think the professional scouts, GM's and teams think this drill is important to them for D.K. simply don't have a clue. He is not an edge rusher or a RB that needs short area lateral quickness.

For all you 3 cone experts out there, try to explain one route that is important for D.K.'s game that the 3 Cone will hurt him on. Then post the spider graph for a Hopkins, D.K. and Calvin and explain the differences.

...you’re missing the point, something you seem to do frequently. I don’t think the 3-cone is important at all. I don’t consider it in my evaluation at all. Any reservations I may have with Metcalf have nothing to do with his 3 cone.

The point is that an agent letting a client go out there a perform a drill that can only hurt his draft stock is doing a bad job. The bench press doesn’t matter for WR either, but if an agent lets his client go out there and fail to put up a single rep, he’s doing a bad job as an agent.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 am

I couldnt find who the representative / agent for DK Metcalf was - anyone have an idea?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:16 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am

...you’re missing the point, something you seem to do frequently. I don’t think the 3-cone is important at all. I don’t consider it in my evaluation at all. Any reservations I may have with Metcalf have nothing to do with his 3 cone.

The point is that an agent letting a client go out there a perform a drill that can only hurt his draft stock is doing a bad job. The bench press doesn’t matter for WR either, but if an agent lets his client go out there and fail to put up a single rep, he’s doing a bad job as an agent.
Actually, his 3 cone drill will not hurt his draft stock and since when are agents in charge of players. You have ZERO idea if the agent tried to talk him out of it or not. Therefore stating I am missing the point is rather silly given you are 100% guessing what his agent did or didn't do in the first place and making some guess if his agent isn't any good.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:05 am I bet it's a relative of Ice!
I plead the 5th! :whistle:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:16 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am

Actually, his 3 cone drill will not hurt his draft stock and since when are agents in charge of players. You have ZERO idea if the agent tried to talk him out of it or not. Therefore stating I am missing the point is rather silly given you are 100% guessing what his agent did or didn't do in the first place and making some guess if his agent isn't any good.
Seems like a normal response from a stable person with a fulfilling social life.

Even if his agent tried and failed to stop him, best case scenario is that he failed. And whether or not it actually hurts his draft stock isn’t the point. There’s no chance it helped his stock, so why let him do it?

Anyways, you’re clearly all angry and triggered on an internet message board, which is the most embarrassing state of existence this side of Robert Kraft walking out of a $20 rub-and-tug joint. It’s a nice day, the Masters are on, MLB games are on, NBA and NHL playoffs are in full swing. Chill out, Chad.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:49 am

You're the one who is getting personal here, Cruelest. Keep it above the belt. It's early April and we are talking 3 Cones. In the words of an esteemed Wisconsin philosopher, "chill out."

Btw, I do agree that it's likely his agent goofed. However, it's also possible that DK dismissed his agents advice or that he had done better in practice... So maybe it's not on the agent...