DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby Ice » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:17 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:47 am
Ice wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 am Sometimes you have got to believe in the player regardless. This was a rookie draft in a league here prior to the NFL draft.

Murray went 1.1 in this SF league.

1.02 2 Ice Metcalf, DK WR (R) Mon Apr 22 7:04:47 p.m. ET 2019 To no ones surprise I took DK and his massive upside. (Comments Added Mon Apr 22 8:26:54 p.m. ET 2019)

I remember the anger of team after team passing a few days later then being really happy when Seattle drafted him. The martinis certainly helped!
Then their are guys like me that have 3 Paris Campbell shares that I could have taken DK instead in each case.........
I knew several that liked Campbell more. I own a share and it sure would be nice if he wasn't made of glass. I think he has a lot of talent as he sits rotting on my IR bench. :wall:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:17 pm
I knew several that liked Campbell more. I own a share and it sure would be nice if he wasn't made of glass. I think he has a lot of talent as he sits rotting on my IR bench. :wall:
He has been impressive everytime he hits the field. PS local reports think it will be a "dramatic surprise" for him to play again this year. sigh
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:29 am
stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:47 am

Then their are guys like me that have 3 Paris Campbell shares that I could have taken DK instead in each case.........
DK was still available at that point? I would have to recheck but in my experience he always seemed to go top 7 in my leagues, typically on either side of AJ Brown, which was kind of amusing considering their Ole Miss roots.
He went top 5 in most of mine. AJB slipped as far as the 2nd round (in SF) :lol:
I managed to get him in 2 of my four super flex leagues for the same reason, this year I traded up because I saw a tier break at 2.03 (10 team deep super flex league), sent a '21 3rd, '22 2nd and my 2.03 (13th overall) for his 1.10, then was ecstatic when I saw someone inexplicably take K. Vaughn over Lamb (a really good player, guess he just really wanted RB help) and so a trade I made to insure that I didn't end up one slot to late for one of: Lamb-Jeudy-Reagor-Jefferson, end up paying off doubly so by gifting me Lamb. The poor guy I traded with then passed on Jefferson, who did fall to my 2.03, for Zach Moss. I was lucky enough to twice draft after someone took Vaughn insanely early to theoretically fix a RB need, and in one case the guy took him over Dobbins and Akers, gifting me Dobbins and of course Lamb again (ended up with lamb in 8 of my 11 rookie drafts).

If there's one mistake I see year after year in rookie drafts, its people pulling the trigger on RB bodies out of a desperate need to fix a RB situation, instead of just taking the best player on the board. I get it, I passed on Lamb in one league for Akers, knowing it was the wrong value move, but because that's my one super inactive league, and I had little at RB, I felt it was mandatory, I just didn't believe I'd be able to flip Lamb for RB help because so few people trade (and the people that do don't have the RB's I wanted).

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:53 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm
Sriracha wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:29 am
stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 am

DK was still available at that point? I would have to recheck but in my experience he always seemed to go top 7 in my leagues, typically on either side of AJ Brown, which was kind of amusing considering their Ole Miss roots.
He went top 5 in most of mine. AJB slipped as far as the 2nd round (in SF) :lol:
I managed to get him in 2 of my four super flex leagues for the same reason, this year I traded up because I saw a tier break at 2.03 (10 team deep super flex league), sent a '21 3rd, '22 2nd and my 2.03 (13th overall) for his 1.10, then was ecstatic when I saw someone inexplicably take K. Vaughn over Lamb (a really good player, guess he just really wanted RB help) and so a trade I made to insure that I didn't end up one slot to late for one of: Lamb-Jeudy-Reagor-Jefferson, end up paying off doubly so by gifting me Lamb. The poor guy I traded with then passed on Jefferson, who did fall to my 2.03, for Zach Moss. I was lucky enough to twice draft after someone took Vaughn insanely early to theoretically fix a RB need, and in one case the guy took him over Dobbins and Akers, gifting me Dobbins and of course Lamb again (ended up with lamb in 8 of my 11 rookie drafts).

If there's one mistake I see year after year in rookie drafts, its people pulling the trigger on RB bodies out of a desperate need to fix a RB situation, instead of just taking the best player on the board. I get it, I passed on Lamb in one league for Akers, knowing it was the wrong value move, but because that's my one super inactive league, and I had little at RB, I felt it was mandatory, I just didn't believe I'd be able to flip Lamb for RB help because so few people trade (and the people that do don't have the RB's I wanted).
Yea, you see this happen at QB as well in SF. I don't think Akers is too far off from Lamb in value, though and he does play the more valuable position. I would've also gone Akers over Lamb this past draft, and would've also chosen Herbert simply due to positional value (And I tend to draft WR's well, so I'm always stocked at the position; so my viewpoint might be a little biased against using high draft capital on the position).

There is no way anyone should've chosen Vaugh + Moss over Lamb, though

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Lamb has serious stud potential. Like him way better than Akers.

I see the next potential D. Hopkins in his game. Just wait until he gets Dak back who will throw him open and fit the ball into tight windows. Lamb is an excellent route runner.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:07 pm Lamb has serious stud potential. Like him way better than Akers.

I see the next potential D. Hopkins in his game. Just wait until he gets Dak back who will throw him open and fit the ball into tight windows. Lamb is an excellent route runner.
No doubt, Lamb is a stud prospect.

But you're much more likely to find a stud WR in the 3rd round (Diggs, Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, McLaurin, Diontae, Claypool).

Or the 2nd round (AJB, Allen Robinson, OBJ, Michael Thomas etc.)

Than you are a stud RB (Gibson, Robinson [?], Aaron Jones, Chris Carson) or QB in the later rounds (Dak, Mahomes, Watson, Cousins [?]) in recent years.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:07 pm Lamb has serious stud potential. Like him way better than Akers.

But you're much more likely to find a stud WR in the 3rd round (Diggs, Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, McLaurin, Diontae, Claypool).

Than you are a stud RB (Gibson, Robinson [?], Aaron Jones, Chris Carson) or QB in the later rounds (Dak, Mahomes, Watson, Cousins [?]) in recent years.
So as somebody that didn't like Akers in the draft process you are advocating me taking him over Lamb who I saw as a WR1? Did you also take Vaughn over Justin Jefferson? Just give me the best player.....
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:33 pm

So as somebody that didn't like Akers in the draft process you are advocating me taking him over Lamb who I saw as a WR1? Did you also take Vaughn over Justin Jefferson? Just give me the best player.....
Not at all. I had Akers at the bottom of the "big 5" RB tier, so I thought his upside was sufficiently high enough to rank him ahead of Lamb due to positional scarcity. Lamb was my clear WR1, but he wasn't that far ahead of Reagor, Jeudy, Jefferson, Higgins and these guys were going far later in the draft.

I wasn't touching Vaughn at his ADP, and didn't even think about Moss, Vaughn, AJ Dillon until after the WRs well into the 3rd round.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:13 pm

AJB, OBJ, and Michael Thomas all had a rookie ADP in the mid 1st round.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:13 pm

AJB, OBJ, and Michael Thomas all had a rookie ADP in the mid 1st round.
I suppose it depends on when you draft, and what site you're looking at.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 pm

Definitely, but going into the offseason I had literally nothing at RB, nothing. I built my team loaded to the gills with WR's but really weak at RB so I could tank for the '20 class, and then dominate going forward.

I came out of my productive struggle year one in this league with a RB core of:

Kareem Hunt
Ronald Jones
Royce Freeman
Justin Jackson

and that was it.

My WR Core was:
AJ Brown
DJ Moore
Juju
Chark
Deebo
Fuller
Kirk
Harry
Watkins
C. Samuel
A. Miller
Isabella

TE's:
Kittle
Fant
Ian Thomas

Through a series of trades during the season and after it, I ended up with Diontae Johnson, and picks 1.03, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.08 as well as two seconds which I flipped in a package for Reagor (and I flipped AJ Brown in a package to get Diontae and the 1.03).

I took Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, D. Swift, and then could take Lamb or Akers. I preferred Lamb, but I already had a loaded WR core at this point, and this is a league where there's basically like 3 or 4 teams other than mine that trade and none of them had RB's I liked and would be willing to trade a WR for, meanwhile the teams I could've traded Lamb for a RB I did like too were non-existent, so I was stuck. I ended up going w/Akers because I had already landed Lamb in I believe 7 of 10 rookie drafts at that point, Akers in only 1, and I needed RB badly.

My reasoning was sound more or less, but since I nearly 1000% believed in Lamb, I imagine Lamb would have been tradable for a RB I liked back in September, so maybe I should've taken Lamb. However it's worth noting I have the best WR core I've ever seen in one league, and I can't pry Swift or Dobbins off one owner, nor Jonathan Taylor off another (though I cooled on making that offer considering Taylor's gone sideways at best) so the WR core is kind of pointless as my RB core of Mixon, Sanders, CEH, and D. Henderson isn't getting me anywhere (I'm a 5 seed at 10-2 in that league lol, it's one of those kind of years).

Sometimes you just don't have trade flexibility in leagues and it can lead to either bad, or at best faulty decisions (at least to me anyway).
Last edited by stoneghost28 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Read my rationale, if you want to put up w/reading it anyway, and you can see my situation. I was extremely tempted to take Lamb, I even tried to trade down a slot because the guy picking behind me was a Cowboys fan, but he was happy at slot and wouldn't budge, was tempted then just to take Lamb to spite him (and because I liked Lamb more long term anyway), but what do you do when your RB core is a bunch of garbage, and 3 rookies, and your WR core is loaded and NOBODY w/RB's you like will trade in that league?

I have the same problem in another league: My WR core is:
DK Metcalf
Godwin
AJ Brown
C. Ridley
McLaurin
Lamb
Juju
Jeudy
M. Williams
Kirk
Ruggs

W/my RB core CEH, Miles Sanders, Mixon, Henderson and Gore picked up via waivers last week, I've spent the entire season trying to pry one of the best '19 or '20 class rookie RB's off somebody (even looking into '18 options) and I've gotten "no's" from everyone. The reason is pretty simple, I am unwilling to part w/my own guys, other than Mixon, and nobody wants to trade RB's knowing that the '21 class is shallow and '22 looks as shallow too, so I'm stuck.

It's easy to say best available guy, I've made those picks probably 95% of the time, but when you're in a league that's trade averse, you can be tempted to ignore the "Draft for value, trade for need" mantra because of course, in some leagues it doesn't work.

What do you do then? Just have the prettiest WR collection ever, and pray you steal an Antonio Gibson in round 2 every year?

Rustycage
Starter
Starter

DK value check

Postby Rustycage » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:37 am

I've been fielding a lot of DK offers/conversations. Just wondering if I am rating him to high. I have him pegged as a late first/early second in a start up for value, and between WR 3-5. Is that about right or am I way off?
12 Team Dynasty, (SF) (2pt/c TE Prem)
QB - Wentz, Heinicke, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod, Rudolph
RB - Henry, Kamara, CMC, R. Jones, D. Felton, P. Lindsay
WR - Ridley, Pittman, Cooks, M. Williams, MT, AJG, R. Higgins, Perriman, Shi Smith, MVS
TE - Gesicki, Engram, Uzomah, Hurst, Manhertz, Farrell

2022: 1,2,3,4

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DK value check

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:52 am

You’re good. Top 5 WR for sure and you are safe to value him in the WR1-3 range as a first round startup pick. I’m not good at the search function but I do remember a pretty hefty DK thread in the recent past I’m sure someone will point you to.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DK value check

Postby ravn88 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:04 am

Rustycage wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:37 am I've been fielding a lot of DK offers/conversations. Just wondering if I am rating him to high. I have him pegged as a late first/early second in a start up for value, and between WR 3-5. Is that about right or am I way off?
I think its a tier to high, I get all upside, but I want to see another 1000 yd season.

Just like with jefferson. I need more than a great rookie season.
But thats likely just me.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon