DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm

This isn't even DK's physical prime though. Rookies the past few years, and the quick burnout on NFL careers has trick us into thinking that 22-25 is someone's physical prime. In no other sport do they think someone's physical prime is before 25. I know for sure in hockey, MMA, Boxing, its past 25. I assume baseball & basketball are similar as well. I highly doubt that this is Prime DK. He is 22, I would gamble that he will be a better athlete 3 years from now vs today (with no catastrophic injuries obviously) pair that with better intangibles, this dude is going to be something else. He has the drive and the mind to do it, nothing but praise for his study patterns from everybody.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:24 pm

The 3-cone wasn't necessarily proven wrong in terms of his route versatility. What was proven wrong was how good Metcalf would be at the routes he can run immediately, which Ice ended up being spot on about. He's run them at a very high level as a rookie.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:24 pm The 3-cone wasn't necessarily proven wrong in terms of his route versatility. What was proven wrong was how good Metcalf would be at the routes he can run immediately, which Ice ended up being spot on about. He's run them at a very high level as a rookie.
He's like a turbo charged hulking Will Fuller. I believe my best comp for him was DT, and DT never really became a nuanced route runner and always struggled with his hands etc but just put up pretty good numbers year after year using what seemed like 3 routes his entire career.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:39 pm

I was wrong about DK Metcalf.

Couldn't have drafted him bc I was also wrong on Corey Davis and lost my 1.4 to get him.

But still, I was wrong. Thought he'd bust or actually I thought he'd really struggled with injuries

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:09 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm This isn't even DK's physical prime though. Rookies the past few years, and the quick burnout on NFL careers has trick us into thinking that 22-25 is someone's physical prime. In no other sport do they think someone's physical prime is before 25. I know for sure in hockey, MMA, Boxing, its past 25. I assume baseball & basketball are similar as well. I highly doubt that this is Prime DK. He is 22, I would gamble that he will be a better athlete 3 years from now vs today (with no catastrophic injuries obviously) pair that with better intangibles, this dude is going to be something else. He has the drive and the mind to do it, nothing but praise for his study patterns from everybody.
DK isn't going to be faster than he is. The issue with a guy like DK, is he's healthy right now. That's a good thing, he's had multiple season ending injuries in the past. I just don't think he can get much faster. That's pretty much for a lot of players at 22. He might get a bit stronger, but how much can he, really? I think DK is pretty maxed out physically. There's not a lot he can do without actually hurting himself as a WR. He is not maxed out at the technique of his craft thought, and he can learn to apply his physical gifts more aptly.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:12 am

Not sure targets will be as critical as many seem to think. Seattle's passing game is insanely efficient with Wilson. Lockett was WR13 on 111 targets in 2018. Not saying that can be duplicated, but just wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Metcalf's chances to be a WR1 for fantasy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:12 am Not sure targets will be as critical as many seem to think. Seattle's passing game is insanely efficient with Wilson. Lockett was WR13 on 111 targets in 2018. Not saying that can be duplicated, but just wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Metcalf's chances to be a WR1 for fantasy.
DK's was not so efficient, though, nor are the targets he gets as highly efficient. 58 receptions on 100 targets is Mike Evans territory.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:35 pm

He looks like the current or soon to be go-to option for SEA right now (as a rookie!). I’d bet on his talent attracting targets.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:47 pm

I like DK a lot. I also know that Pete Carroll really, really doesn't care about our FF teams. Beyond the starting RB and Wilson, there are no great options in this offense. DK is a great fit for their run, run, and PA pass type of system. I think his targets will always be capped, while Carroll is there. I highly doubt he sees more than 120 targets anytime soon, however, that can still work, with a QB like Russ. He can do 75/1200/10 in that type of context of 120 or so targets, which may be a bit high, but even another ten targets on this year will add to his stat line.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:47 pm
Go Bucks wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:12 am Not sure targets will be as critical as many seem to think. Seattle's passing game is insanely efficient with Wilson. Lockett was WR13 on 111 targets in 2018. Not saying that can be duplicated, but just wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Metcalf's chances to be a WR1 for fantasy.
DK's was not so efficient, though, nor are the targets he gets as highly efficient. 58 receptions on 100 targets is Mike Evans territory.
And Lockett isn't going away anytime soon
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:47 pm
And Lockett isn't going away anytime soon
I've been a DK doubter, but Metcalf is still a rookie. If he maintains this level of inefficiency for his entire career, then we can classify him as Mike Evans (who has still produced plenty in fantasy football)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Funny what a year can do. I was blasted quite a bit by comping him to the likes Evans as a rookie with potentially Julio type upside long term.

While he has a long way to go to get in Julio territory he does look a lot like Evans already. Evans is a good fantasy player so that is certainly not a diss.

I am not worried at all about his catch rate given Wilson is the QB. That will improve with better intermediate routes and targets. We will see more intermediate crossings and slants in the future for sure out of DK.

Lockett and DK are big pluses for both players. I think this team will be forced to open up the passing some in the future.

BTW, The 3 cone for a big x type WR is useless. It’s a great drill for edge rushers. No one should really buy into that drill unless maybe it is a small slot type and the drill sucked. Many went crazy on that last year while discounting great drills that mattered in the other areas.

The odds are DK will get much better in the years to come. He seems to have the work ethic and desire. The fact there is NFL experience in his DNA doesn’t hurt.

He needs to stay humble and keep working but even his biggest supporters for the most part didn’t expect this production this early. Obviously his critics and more than a few scouts have to be baffled.

There are coaches and scouts out there that focus on what players can do a develop that more than focusing on what they can’t do and avoid. More coaches and Scouts should study the Bill Walsh and a few others philosophies when evaluating players.

The Seahawks have consistently set up DK to succeed by game planning around his strengths.

Much respect for that coaching staff.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm Funny what a year can do. I was blasted quite a bit by comping him to the likes Evans as a rookie with potentially Julio type upside long term.

While he has a long way to go to get in Julio territory he does look a lot like Evans already. Evans is a good fantasy player so that is certainly not a diss.

I am not worried at all about his catch rate given Wilson is the QB. That will improve with better intermediate routes and targets. We will see more intermediate crossings and slants in the future for sure out of DK.

Lockett and DK are big pluses for both players. I think this team will be forced to open up the passing some in the future.

BTW, The 3 cone for a big x type WR is useless. It’s a great drill for edge rushers. No one should really buy into that drill unless maybe it is a small slot type and the drill sucked. Many went crazy on that last year while discounting great drills that mattered in the other areas.

The odds are DK will get much better in the years to come. He seems to have the work ethic and desire. The fact there is NFL experience in his DNA doesn’t hurt.

He needs to stay humble and keep working but even his biggest supporters for the most part didn’t expect this production this early. Obviously his critics and more than a few scouts have to be baffled.

There are coaches and scouts out there that focus on what players can do a develop that more than focusing on what they can’t do and avoid. More coaches and Scouts should study the Bill Walsh and a few others philosophies when evaluating players.

The Seahawks have consistently set up DK to succeed by game planning around his strengths.

Much respect for that coaching staff.
There were a lot of people high on DK. He seemed to be really polarizing. People either really liked him, or they didn't. The strength of the Hawks suits DK. It just doesn't suit a large target volume, but for what he loses in targets, he gains in better opportunities. He has the best deep ball passer in the game (arguably, at least), and a team that requires safeties to aknowledge the run. If he gets 110 targets a year, he's going to be a 65-70 catch guys, but well over 1000 yards and a very good bet at double digit TD's.

I do not see a Julio type, though. His body does not flex the same way. I just don't see DK ever running the route tree Julio can at that level, The 3 cone does matter for a WR, but not one with the route tree DK runs. DK only needs to run a handful of routes successfully to win. Julio's 3 cone was 6.66 seconds. That matters. His short area quickness and ability to flex his hips is well beyond DK's, and always will be (Julio prime vs DK's prime). Julio can run bigger variety of routes well because he's more athletic this way. Calvin never had that type of quickness and flexion, and was still very successful, running a smaller route tree, though, so it's not going to prevent DK from being successful.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:00 pm

It’s still wild to me how many people seemingly do this just so that they can role-play being an NFL scout, and talk about dudes having stiff hips and other unverifiable nonsense.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:38 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:00 pm It’s still wild to me how many people seemingly do this just so that they can role-play being an NFL scout, and talk about dudes having stiff hips and other unverifiable nonsense.
Crazy isn't it? I mean, it's almost like nobody else in the actual scouting community said anything about that stuff. People come on here and just completely pull stuff out of thin air.