DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: DK Metcalf is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 am

Arryl, that’s a really well reasoned post that’s way too long to quote. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but I don’t think anything you said changes the fact that for the first time in a while, your 1.03 is probably only going to net you a 2nd round NFL WR, and that cohort of players doesn’t really inspire confidence at that pick.

The other thing is that my point isn’t that 2018 was a bad WR class, but that it was an average one, and this class is so weak at RB that it needed a 2014 WR class to be regarded as a good fantasy draft.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm

My DK Metcalf Landing Spot Prediction:

Detroit Lions

Why?

1 - Bill Belichick once said "Dont focus on what a player cannot do. Focus on what he can do and how we can use it." Matt Patricia is a Belichick disciple. Patricia should know all about focusing on what players can do. We know what Metcalf can do very well. And his work ethic and drive seem unimpeachable right now. Belichick likes players who work hard & he can find a way to maximize their talent. Seems safe to hope Patricia would too.

2 - Metcalf has been compared, fair or not, to Calvin Johnson. Who threw to Megatron? Matthew Stafford of course. Who better to throw to Metcalf who could use a strong armed, intelligent & reasonably accurate QB like Stafford.

3 - Golladay is not a #1 WR (imo). He is a #2. Drafting Metcalf woud allow Golladay to move to a role he is better suited for and allow Marvin Jones a big slot role.

Will this occur? Probably not. Unless (a) teams do believe Metcalf is worth a top 15 pick or (b) the Lions move down as rumoured.

But this is my ideal location for DK Metcalf and one I think has at least a 5% chance of occurring. :)

Now onto Marquise Brown prediction.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:30 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm My DK Metcalf Landing Spot Prediction:

Detroit Lions

Why?

1 - Bill Belichick once said "Dont focus on what a player cannot do. Focus on what he can do and how we can use it." Matt Patricia is a Belichick disciple. Patricia should know all about focusing on what players can do. We know what Metcalf can do very well. And his work ethic and drive seem unimpeachable right now. Belichick likes players who work hard & he can find a way to maximize their talent. Seems safe to hope Patricia would too.

2 - Metcalf has been compared, fair or not, to Calvin Johnson. Who threw to Megatron? Matthew Stafford of course. Who better to throw to Metcalf who could use a strong armed, intelligent & reasonably accurate QB like Stafford.

3 - Golladay is not a #1 WR (imo). He is a #2. Drafting Metcalf woud allow Golladay to move to a role he is better suited for and allow Marvin Jones a big slot role.

Will this occur? Probably not. Unless (a) teams do believe Metcalf is worth a top 15 pick or (b) the Lions move down as rumoured.

But this is my ideal location for DK Metcalf and one I think has at least a 5% chance of occurring. :)

Now onto Marquise Brown prediction.
You watched Brett Kollman. Also, Patricia is a Belicheck protege, to add to your point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:30 pm
You watched Brett Kollman. Also, Patricia is a Belicheck protege, to add to your point.
Yeah that is where I got the quote from originally but I verified to make sure he actually said it. What Kollman mentioned resonated along with several other takes I've seen - and I just kept thinking about it and simply could not convince myself Detroit was not a perfect landing spot.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:36 pm
Yeah that is where I got the quote from originally but I verified to make sure he actually said it. What Kollman mentioned resonated along with several other takes I've seen - and I just kept thinking about it and simply could not convince myself Detroit was not a perfect landing spot.
Do you think they take him 8th? Or does he last to the 43rd?

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm
With DK's combine, he's probably going top 10. He was already a top WR prospect in this draft. I would be shocked if he was still there in the 2nd round.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

I would not be surprised if they did but I do not see that as a strong possibility (say 25-33%). I think if they do take him it is because they either moved up from 43 or moved down from 8 (which seems feasible). I dont see him lasting to 43 (he'd be a steal at that spot) but who knows!

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

I would not be surprised if they did but I do not see that as a strong possibility (say 25-33%). I think if they do take him it is because they either moved up from 43 or moved down from 8 (which seems feasible). I dont see him lasting to 43 (he'd be a steal at that spot) but who knows!
Agreed, I think it's most likely that they move up or down. I think the spot makes lots of sense too.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:44 am

Should be interesting to see where he lands.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm shocked he is still on the board , I thought people that knew better than us and hang out with NFL scouts and know what to look for on tape etc etc promised he was a top 10 pick :|

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Josh Jacobs. 1.1 for me, just picked him in my draft

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm

So much for his floor being Mike Evans.

Usually obvious transcendent WR talents go pretty high in the first round. He'll go in the 2nd for sure though.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 pm

I think it is extremely telling what the NFL actually thinks of him that he didn't even go in the first round with that athleticism..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 pm

KingsKing wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:08 pm I'm shocked he is still on the board , I thought people that knew better than us and hang out with NFL scouts and know what to look for on tape etc etc promised he was a top 10 pick :|
Real life football different than fantasy. This draft was / is deep in very talented defensive players. Teams also have o-line needs. Also near elite TE prospects. This pushes even good offensive talent (rb, wr). Down. Not near as big a knock or surprise as some might think.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 pm I think it is extremely telling what the NFL actually thinks of him that he didn't even go in the first round with that athleticism..
Yup ... I was rooting for him but Jacobs is my clear 1.01 now. Sorry, Neal to pats just doesn’t excite me.