Witten ends retirement

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Witten ends retirement

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:49 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 am He's not in the MFL database. I'm getting blasted left and right in FCFS leagues with owners trying to add lol. Headache.
He's in the database in my leagues.
He is now.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 pm

Lol Blake Jarwin was sacrificed to save MNF.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 am He's not in the MFL database. I'm getting blasted left and right in FCFS leagues with owners trying to add lol. Headache.
Gotta love the overreaction here. Guy is a HOFer but an old washed up HOFer who will add nothing to any fantasy team.
To me these kind of comments (and I'm not bashing you personally at all as this is a common occurrence in these forums) are frustrating to me because they originate from the assumption that all leagues are created equally. I personally play in leagues of all sorts of formats with all sorts of starting requirements, roster depth, and team dept. Suppose the leagues I am referring to are TE premium 16 teamers with 50 man rosters and require you to start 2 TE? That might change your tune on him being a worthless addition. An extreme example perhaps, but certainly not outside of the realm of reality and helps support my point. Is Witten going to help in a 10 team start 1 TE league? Possibly not. But in the former example, he would be a welcome addition to most teams.

Dynasty players from ALL sorts of formats and all sorts of skill and experience levels come here for guidance and opinion, and in mine, these comments weaken the value of this community to them.

Sorry for getting all heavy lol. Rant over
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Apparently he’s only going to get 25 snaps per game - that’s not enough for me.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Glad I sold my lone Jarwin share last weekend.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:38 pm

I said he is a Hall of Famer.
You also said he will add nothing to fantasy teams. The TE position is a thin, wildly unproductive position. Witten will easily add value and contribute. His 2017 was a top 10 TE season, so I wouldn't claim he is washed up considering he's never not had a top 12 TE season except for his rookie season.
That was two years ago, he had 560 yards and 5 Tds, if I remember correctly he was the only guy to really throw to in dallas in 2017, Dez was done that season. He will now be possibly the 3rd guy behind Cooper and Gallup after missing a full season at an older age. Guy had a great career but as far as fantasy relevance for 2019 I don't see any.
Again, you're overvaluing the TE position. 560 yards and 5 td's is a top 10 season in fantasy..very valuable, considering there are only approximately only 3-4 tight ends every season that are weekly starters at best. The rest are streamable and you're basically hoping for a few yards and/or a touchdown. He may be washed up now, but your passive dismissal without any context is what annoys me about posts on these boards. Considering we have no evidence he's washed up since he never finished outside the top 12 at his position.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:52 pm

MucBuc wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm Glad I sold my lone Jarwin share last weekend.
How was the slice of pizza?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm
Gotta love the overreaction here. Guy is a HOFer but an old washed up HOFer who will add nothing to any fantasy team.
To me these kind of comments (and I'm not bashing you personally at all as this is a common occurrence in these forums) are frustrating to me because they originate from the assumption that all leagues are created equally. I personally play in leagues of all sorts of formats with all sorts of starting requirements, roster depth, and team dept. Suppose the leagues I am referring to are TE premium 16 teamers with 50 man rosters and require you to start 2 TE? That might change your tune on him being a worthless addition. An extreme example perhaps, but certainly not outside of the realm of reality and helps support my point. Is Witten going to help in a 10 team start 1 TE league? Possibly not. But in the former example, he would be a welcome addition to most teams.

Dynasty players from ALL sorts of formats and all sorts of skill and experience levels come here for guidance and opinion, and in mine, these comments weaken the value of this community to them.

What if I had said "Ya add him quick and all these people are giving you a headache because he is going to put up 1500 yards". I was just trying to say I feel your pain. That's all. Guess it backfired.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

You also said he will add nothing to fantasy teams. The TE position is a thin, wildly unproductive position. Witten will easily add value and contribute. His 2017 was a top 10 TE season, so I wouldn't claim he is washed up considering he's never not had a top 12 TE season except for his rookie season.
That was two years ago, he had 560 yards and 5 Tds, if I remember correctly he was the only guy to really throw to in dallas in 2017, Dez was done that season. He will now be possibly the 3rd guy behind Cooper and Gallup after missing a full season at an older age. Guy had a great career but as far as fantasy relevance for 2019 I don't see any.
Again, you're overvaluing the TE position. 560 yards and 5 td's is a top 10 season in fantasy..very valuable, considering there are only approximately only 3-4 tight ends every season that are weekly starters at best. The rest are streamable and you're basically hoping for a few yards and/or a touchdown. He may be washed up now, but your passive dismissal without any context is what annoys me about posts on these boards. Considering we have no evidence he's washed up since he never finished outside the top 12 at his position.
Would you have had the same sort of issue if I had come in here and said "he will be a top 3 Te, no issue, Buy him"

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm

What if I had said "Ya add him quick and all these people are giving you a headache because he is going to put up 1500 yards". I was just trying to say I feel your pain. That's all. Guess it backfired.
No way bro! I meant no offense. I felt like I addressed that. Didn't backfire at all. I appreciate that you felt my pain, just didn't necessarily agree that he was worthless. Plus hangry. Past my lunchtime. I might need a snickers!

-Booger McFarlland

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 pm

I saw the email that someone added him in my MFL league

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:10 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm

No way bro! I meant no offense. I felt like I addressed that. Didn't backfire at all. I appreciate that you felt my pain, just didn't necessarily agree that he was worthless. Plus hangry. Past my lunchtime. I might need a snickers!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:52 pm
MucBuc wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm Glad I sold my lone Jarwin share last weekend.
How was the slice of pizza?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Don't think I didn't notice you are no longer a part of the Leah Gotti fan club, M-Dub.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am Poor Jarwin owners.
With regard to dynasty context, just pour gasoline on all the TEs currently on Dallas' depth-chart, and throw a match. Not because Witten will come back and dominate snaps, but because Dallas' willingness to have him back at all seems to be scathing indictment of the younger players they have at the position -- no confidence in any of them. Smh in particular at Rico "I will be the best TE in the league" Gathers.

Anyway, dollars to donuts Dallas is taking a TE no later than Day 2 in this draft, and I think Day 1 is a strong possibility (seems like a nice class for TE). They'll have Witten mentor him for a year or two.
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:38 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Not a good post.
I said he is a Hall of Famer.
Doesn't seem like 25 snaps a week will be fantasy startable.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE