Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Todd Gurley to bust in 2019?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm

John Paul wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:41 pm I own him in dyno and I think a lot of this issue is overblown. However, I was able to grab Henderson in the late 2nd as a solid handcuff, so I'm definitely holding.
So what you are really saying is that (a) your rookie draft happened in April or (b) your league is filled with clueless nincompoops.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm
John Paul wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:41 pm I own him in dyno and I think a lot of this issue is overblown. However, I was able to grab Henderson in the late 2nd as a solid handcuff, so I'm definitely holding.
So what you are really saying is that (a) your rookie draft happened in April or (b) your league is filled with clueless nincompoops.
I thought you were done here?

:lol:

"This will be my last post in this thread until after the 2019 NFL regular season." -COD, 3 days ago.

You just couldn't resist, could you?
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 pm

In new development, Jeff Fisher said there were no medical concerns with the graph and reconstruction of the ACL 4 years ago. He doesn't believe it is career threatening, or a durability issue, as he put it with Gurley's current situation.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 pm In new development, Jeff Fisher said there were no medical concerns with the graph and reconstruction of the ACL 4 years ago. He doesn't believe it is career threatening, or a durability issue, as he put it with Gurley's current situation.
Oh gee. If Jeff Fisher says that then it's all good.

He also thinks Brandon Bolden will rush for 1000 yards and Danny Woodhead will catch 100 passes out of the backfield this year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 pm In new development, Jeff Fisher said there were no medical concerns with the graph and reconstruction of the ACL 4 years ago. He doesn't believe it is career threatening, or a durability issue, as he put it with Gurley's current situation.
Oh gee. If Jeff Fisher says that then it's all good.

He also thinks Brandon Bolden will rush for 1000 yards and Danny Woodhead will catch 100 passes out of the backfield this year.
I think it's information about the surgery that we didn't have before. That was the main point of the post. I think that it's important to know that the knee looked fine after the surgery, unlike a guy like Michel, for instance.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:22 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm So what you are really saying is that (a) your rookie draft happened in April or (b) your league is filled with clueless nincompoops.
Nope, our draft was 5/19/19. Henderson was tracking somewhere around 14 or 15 overall back then, whereas today his ADP is 8th according to MFL: http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2019/a ... 1560571200

He dropped a few spots, but it wasn't a major dip when looking at ADP data.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

That's where Henderson belongs. Over valueing situation or in this case percieved situation is a bad way to play dynasty
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:37 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm
That's where Henderson belongs. Over valueing situation or in this case percieved situation is a bad way to play dynasty
This sentiment makes zero sense. To say that Henderson definitively doesn't belong in the early part of a rookie draft is short sighted. He has obvious talent. What if the Rams make him into a lesser Kamara like entity? He will have damn good returns. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he does, but his own highly productive offense having high hopes and trading up to use good draft capital on him is a great sign.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 pm

He's from Vancouver, he's probably high.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:46 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:37 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

This sentiment makes zero sense. To say that Henderson definitively doesn't belong in the early part of a rookie draft is short sighted. He has obvious talent. What if the Rams make him into a lesser Kamara like entity? He will have damn good returns. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he does, but his own highly productive offense having high hopes and trading up to use good draft capital on him is a great sign.
Well that's fair. I guess. If you really believed he belonged there pre-draft that's one thing, and some people did. Guy had like 1900 yards or something crazy, a 2nd tier school but still you can't ignore that. Situation helps but is often over valued. But this situation is even more bizarre because we don't even know his situation. So let's say a perfect landing spot ups your draft spot by X spots.. let's just say 5 for fun. That would be like going to the raiders or maybe the bears. A CLEAR path to being the guy by seasons end. So best case Henderson's predraft rank of around 16 goes to 11 and that would be like if Gurley was about to undergo surgery or something real nasty.

We don't even have that. We have a sluggish end to 2018. Gurley just ran out of steam after being the man for 2.5 years they ran him into the ground. So they have brought in Henderson with decent draft capital in the 3rd round and matched and offer for brown and also have Kelly.

Obviously they drafted Henderson to use him but people penciling him in for 10-15 Carrie's his rookie year are just guessing and not a very educated guess in my opinion.

I could see him having maybe a Turner career where he never really breaks out until he is able to change teams, but do you really want to hold onto a guy like that for +3 years with your first round pick??

I love Henderson but the draft capital I'm seeing spent on him is just way to rich.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 pm He's from Vancouver, he's probably high.
How dare you! :nono:

I'm a craft beer drunk. Get it right.

:dance:
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:35 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:47 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 pm He's from Vancouver, he's probably high.
How dare you! :nono:

I'm a craft beer drunk. Get it right.

:dance:
The only way to go, if you drink beer, IMO. Which I do. Not much for the weed. Once in a while, when I need to level off.

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm

How we feeling now on this topic :) I remember I mean to circle back to see how far down Gurley's ADP will have dropped from when I created this post. I also have a new video on Darrell Henderson that I think is a must-see:

The Next Alvin Kamara Is: Darrell Henderson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-EHzluuxGg
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:27 pm

FantasyFootballShow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm How we feeling now on this topic :) I remember I mean to circle back to see how far down Gurley's ADP will have dropped from when I created this post. I also have a new video on Darrell Henderson that I think is a must-see:

Full stop after the first 30 seconds. This guy is just making the wild assumption the Gurley is done. Yea ok he missed a few games resting up for a playoff run and was very ineffective in the playoffs. So done? That's it? Bye bye?

Doesn't work that way

The fantasy world gets more and more Stephen A smithey everyday. People can't just say..

"Henderson should be moved up your draft boards a bit because of the fear of Gurley's long term viability"

No its gotta be.

"GURLEY IS DONE.. DONE. D U N. DONE!! ITS OOOOOOOVER! IF YOU DONT GET HENDERSON! YOU ARE SCUM!!!!!!! YA HEAR ME!!! SCUM. GURLEY IS TRASH!!"
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:40 pm

FantasyFootballShow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm How we feeling now on this topic :) I remember I mean to circle back to see how far down Gurley's ADP will have dropped from when I created this post. I also have a new video on Darrell Henderson that I think is a must-see:

I agree that Henderson is the best back in this draft. I don't agree that Gurley isn't going to be healthy all the way until the season starts when he didn't even have an injury to begin with. When it comes to Hendersons usage no one knows. I think it will be Kamara like, but there are a ton of mouths to feed in that offense. I'm still holding Henderson and I am very satisfied I got him at 7.04 in a startup.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver