Aaron Jones / Jamaal Williams RBBC

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Aaron Jones / Jamaal Williams RBBC

Postby MattDeezy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm

“New Packers coach Matt LaFleur said a "committee approach" is the most effective when it comes to Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones.”

Uh oh. Sold my share of Jones for a 2020 1st about a month ago.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Aaron Jones / Jamaal Williams RBBC

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 pm

I guess he didn't watch the Jamaal Williams part of that committee

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 pm

No one should be surprised by this, but I know the Jones love was in full launch mode round these parts.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:49 pm

This changes little for me as an Aaron Jones owner. I've never expected him to become a workhorse back like Ezekiel Elliott. The point is that Jones can be a fantasy RB1 with 60%+ of the touches in a functional GB offense led by Aaron Rodgers. I'm more concerned about him staying healthy than Jamaal Williams stealing touches.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:49 pm This changes little for me as an Aaron Jones owner. I've never expected him to become a workhorse back like Ezekiel Elliott. The point is that Jones can be a fantasy RB1 with 60%+ of the touches in a functional GB offense led by Aaron Rodgers. I'm more concerned about him staying healthy than Jamaal Williams stealing touches.
Yep this. this actually makes me feel better because if it's Jones and Williams then I'm sure Jones gets 15+ touches and Williams is secondary vs the worry about them bringing someone in who could completely take over or take the top spot in a committee.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 pm

chopping mall wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:49 pm This changes little for me as an Aaron Jones owner. I've never expected him to become a workhorse back like Ezekiel Elliott. The point is that Jones can be a fantasy RB1 with 60%+ of the touches in a functional GB offense led by Aaron Rodgers. I'm more concerned about him staying healthy than Jamaal Williams stealing touches.
Yep this. this actually makes me feel better because if it's Jones and Williams then I'm sure Jones gets 15+ touches and Williams is secondary vs the worry about them bringing someone in who could completely take over or take the top spot in a committee.
They could still draft or sign someone who does.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Words.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:42 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 pm Words.
He was the OC for Tennessee last year and they used a committee until Derrick Henry forcefully destroyed that split (but Lewis still remained on passing downs).

It wouldn't be shocking if he concluded that Williams is still a really good blocker in passing downs and blitz pickups, which will always help you stay on the field.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:18 pm

I hear you. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. Don't get we wrong, I wouldn't be shocked at all. And I know there's not much to talk about being one of the slowest times of the off season, but I'm just try not to put a lot of stock in coach speak this early in the off season. I'm still waiting on C.J. Spiller to get touches "until he throws up".
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:50 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:18 pm I hear you. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. Don't get we wrong, I wouldn't be shocked at all. And I know there's not much to talk about being one of the slowest times of the off season, but I'm just try not to put a lot of stock in coach speak this early in the off season. I'm still waiting on C.J. Spiller to get touches "until he throws up".
:lol: thank you for reminding me about CJ

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Do you think Lafleur can manage a functional GB offense? Tennessee was pretty mediocre last year and for all his faults, it’s not like McCarthy didn’t have more than a couple successful offensive seasons under his belt.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:18 pm I hear you. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. Don't get we wrong, I wouldn't be shocked at all. And I know there's not much to talk about being one of the slowest times of the off season, but I'm just try not to put a lot of stock in coach speak this early in the off season. I'm still waiting on C.J. Spiller to get touches "until he throws up".
Images... that you put in my head. Now I'm imaging McNabb painting the inside of his facemask, thank you.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:36 pm

The packers needed to get Rodgers a yes man coach. If they didn’t, this new guy won’t last because Rodgers runs that show. If coach is a yes man, jones will play. If not, bye bye.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:25 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 pm
Do you think Lafleur can manage a functional GB offense? Tennessee was pretty mediocre last year and for all his faults, it’s not like McCarthy didn’t have more than a couple successful offensive seasons under his belt.
Yes. LaFleur was definitely partially to blame for TEN's putrid offense, but I'd argue that Mariota and Davis are above-average talents at best. Even if the plays and offensive scheme are just average or above average, Rodgers's talent can elevate the offense as a whole.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

He has RB1 upside, but he has about as much upside as risk at his ADP (which could drop down to very good risk vs reward after this news, so we shall see).

But, he's just one of those players that will have MASSIVE upside with MASSIVE risk. Trusting in him isn't crazy, doubting him isn't crazy. He's just one of those players that falls in that value range and risk range.
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow