2019 Rookie RB Review By dlf_mikeh / The Other RB Guru / ...... Updated (3/02)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2019 Rookie RB Review By MEuRaH..... The Other RB Guru.... ROUND 1

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:26 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 am Think we all need to bookmark this thread and then let it die quickly and disappear into the night before anyone else sees it!
^^ this is the 2nd best post in the thread

terrific job meurah thanks !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:11 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:02 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:56 pmI would take Sanders 1.01, yes. Nobody else.

I own a 1.01 in 1 league and my WR evaluation is poor, so unless there's a primo WR to take, I will most likely be taking Sanders with my 1st selection.
Do we know what he will test or what round he'll go? I mean I heard he was graded between the 3rd and 5th round. Of course if he tests really well, he may jump, but If he gets drafted in the 4th round, you don't need to spend 1.01 on him.
Well yeah, but I'm also assuming that GMs aren't braindead and they'll be putting Sanders in the 1st round at some point, if they haven't already. I don't care what armchair GMs are grading him at the moment. That sounds like a stat-line grade to me. He's literally a mini Saquon with 1/3rd the wear on his body.
I’m sure there are GMs ranking him as #1 RB right now, but a combination NFL front offices being overly risk-adverse and their desire to get value later in draft could cause him to slip. Probably not further than late-2nd / early-3rd but unless he tests markedly better than Jacobs, I don’t see him being first RB selected. IMO, it’s similar to DJ Moore last year. It took a phenomenal combine to leap frog Ridley & Sutton who were the consensus #1 & #2 WRs at this point last year.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 pm

@Meurah!

Great post and tskes courage to put your money where your mouth is! :)

First off ill say im glad im not the only one who loves Miles Sanders! Love his swiftness and elusiveness.

Now im also a R Anderson fan. You give him a failing grade but is it because of talent? Or injuries?

Edit i saw more of a write up on Anderson
Last edited by DJB on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:30 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:02 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:56 pmI would take Sanders 1.01, yes. Nobody else.

I own a 1.01 in 1 league and my WR evaluation is poor, so unless there's a primo WR to take, I will most likely be taking Sanders with my 1st selection.
Do we know what he will test or what round he'll go? I mean I heard he was graded between the 3rd and 5th round. Of course if he tests really well, he may jump, but If he gets drafted in the 4th round, you don't need to spend 1.01 on him.
Well yeah, but I'm also assuming that GMs aren't braindead and they'll be putting Sanders in the 1st round at some point, if they haven't already. I don't care what armchair GMs are grading him at the moment. That sounds like a stat-line grade to me. He's literally a mini Saquon with 1/3rd the wear on his body.
My point was that 1.01 probably won't be necessary, you could trade back. Unless he goes to KC in the top 3 rounds or something. I love Sanders, I actually stated a while back he might be my favourite back in this class, but he's nowhere near Saquon in talent, IMO. That's a bit of hyperbole, I think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 pm

I evaluated Saquan Barkley, I drafted Saquan Barkley, Saquan Barkley score 350+ point taken for my team, you sir are no Saquan Barkley.

Lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 am

Glad to see some original content on here and not just people asking ridiculous questions.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:54 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 am Glad to see some original content on here and not just people asking ridiculous questions.
Yes. So yes.
Last edited by GridironGuerilla on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: 2019 Rookie RB Review By MEuRaH / The Other RB Guru / ...... Updated (2/28)

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 am

Coming Soon

Guys worth mentioning:

James Williams, LJ Scott, Jordan Scarlett, Ryquell Armstead, Alex Barnes

And guys not worth mentioning but I will do a profile anyway:

Travis Homer, Qadree Ollison, Mike Weber, Nick Brossette, Alex Mattison, Karan Higdon, Jalin Moore -
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bluedino14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bluedino14 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks for the write up, appreciate it. Hoping Sanders stays on the down low, he was my favorite with Jacobs. I have the #4, #5, #7 & #8.

Any thoughts on Bruce Anderson, Devine Ozigbo & Darwin Thompson? None of them were invited to the combine, so they may stay under the radar.

Thanks again.
Team 1 - 8 Team Superflex - 1QB, 3RB, 2WR, 1WR/TE, 1TE, 3Flex, 1SF

QB - Mayfield, JimmyG, Joe Burrow, Tua
RB - S. Barkley, A. Kamara, N. Chubb, Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, T. Coleman, Royce Freeman, Devine Ozigbo, Damien Williams
WR - Michael Thomas, JuJu S. Schuster, K. Golladay, A. Robinson, C. Godwin, Mecole Hardman, JJAW, Curtis Samuel, DK Metcalf, D. Slayton, Henry Ruggs III, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards
TE - Evan Engram, D. Goedert

4 - 2021 1sts & 2 - 2021 2nds

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pm

And your boy is backing it up today. People are gonna pay attention to him now.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pm And your boy is backing it up today. People are gonna pay attention to him now.
Shhhhhhhh

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pmAnd your boy is backing it up today. People are gonna pay attention to him now.
Backing it up and then some. Did you see the 10 yard split? BETTER THAN BARKLEY!? That's insane low-end power, which means his burst through the line into the 2nd level is insanely fast. I did expect a 4.5 or under (officially he was a 4.49) so that only confirmed my belief in him. Throw in the fact that he was top 3 or 5 in nearly even category, something which no other RB can claim, and this should confirm in everyone's mind that Sanders is CLEARLY the #1 guy.

Josh Jacobs? Biggest con artist in the draft.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:10 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pmAnd your boy is backing it up today. People are gonna pay attention to him now.
Backing it up and then some. Did you see the 10 yard split? BETTER THAN BARKLEY!? That's insane low-end power, which means his burst through the line into the 2nd level is insanely fast. I did expect a 4.5 or under (officially he was a 4.49) so that only confirmed my belief in him. Throw in the fact that he was top 3 or 5 in nearly even category, something which no other RB can claim, and this should confirm in everyone's mind that Sanders is CLEARLY the #1 guy.

Josh Jacobs? Biggest con artist in the draft.
Why? I love Sanders, but are you suggesting Jacobs isn't hurt?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:20 pm David Montgomery 17 for 129 and 3 TD's today so far.

If Miles Sanders declares, he could be THE top back in this class. One year wonder because he had to sit behind Barkley, but he's legit. I hope he declares, if not he may be part of a deep RB class next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXj501gAtU

Very agile/powerful. Some runs that remind me of Saquon. Not as good obviously, but he looks the part of a quality NFL back if you ask me. I don't see a better back talent wise this year.

Even with the unfortunate retirement of Ahmon Richards, I am liking this class more and more as the year goes on. It all depends on how many juniors declare, as there are quite a few we all assume will.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:55 pm

I definitely appreciate you putting this all together and sharing with us. Thanks!!
MEuRaH wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm DEFINITELY NOT'S (Won't Succeed, No Matter What)

Tony Pollard - He's listed as a RB and showed some great zone skills, but mostly played in the slot or out wide, a-la Nyhiem Hines. I don't know what to make of him yet. He could be good if he went to the right system, but it's too hard to tell atm. I want no part as of now. EDIT: He's not a RB. Gimmicky player. No thanks.

Justice Hill, Bryce Love, Dexter Williams - No. No to all these guys. They are zone runners without the tools necessary to be zone runners. Dexter Williams in particular I think is the worst of this group. He has no skills, just runs fast, then brags like he's the greatest to ever play the game. He's going to get a wake up call. Bryce Love is also a speed guy and nothing more. Speed guys can be successful at the college level, but are almost never successful at the NFL level.

Rodney Anderson - I have to give this guy his own segment since so many people are clamoring for him. I don't get it, either. He's had 3 season-ending injuries in 4 years as a college athlete. He follows his blocks and gets what is given to him. He doesn't create space. He sometimes carries the ball in the wrong hand. Did I mention that he gets hurt all the time? He runs like he has popsicle sticks for legs. What is there to like?

Trayveon Williams - The only power runner at the bottom of this list. He could be something like a Jeremy Langford. He'll show a spark and be worth a 1st rounder real quick, but then fizzle out and disappear. Worth a late flyer just for the sake of trading him later.

===============================================

And that does it for now. If you look at the history of RBs Pre-draft and then 2-3 years later, you'll notice a pattern that 1-2 guys near the top succeeded, most are still milling around, 1 guy out-performs out of nowhere, and the rest disappear. I think my rankings are similar to that. Post your feedback, I'm always up for conversation.
One of the things I enjoy doing is scrolling to the bottom of rankings and finding at least one guy worth taking a chance on. Last year, Deon Cain was one.

If you were to put odds on some of these guys at he bottom or your ranking breaking out, which would you say have the best chances? This obviously is before landing spots are known.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def