Unsure how to feel about this.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Unsure how to feel about this.

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:24 pm

KingsKing:
Understand that as you have won the division multiple times no one wants to make a trade that makes you stronger. Not surprising 🤔

Even if your offer is better than another I'm making it harder for me to win the division if i give up Saquon to you. Rather send him to a lesser team even if lesser assets are returning my way. Its all about increasing our chances of winning , not being what you'd consider fair. That's just the price you have to pay for your success. If you feel strongly enough then i guess you could find another league.

I've been in your situation and just took it as a challenge to win against all odds. Usually it's not all teams that join in anyhow but you may find a few that basically boycott you unless they get to rape you. Makes it sweeter when you win anyhow. Your trade offer last year was offered essentially in every lg and rejected a vast majority of the time since Barkley was like the year Zeke came out ... Heads & shoulders above the next best player in potential. Make the same offer this year and it's an instant accept. Can't blame them for not wanting to give the best team a generational talent.

To the OP ... Sour grapes from somebody always comes up when dominant team makes a trade. Doubtful when you first started they considered your trades ripoffs. Expect to overpay as the price of success. As back to back champs you likely have the assets to do so or still compete without trading. Just have fun with it.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Yeah, I get that guys have a tendency to avoid trading with powerhouses, sometimes, but there's a massive distinction between that and publicized, overt black-balling.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 pm

cazzie33 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:24 pm KingsKing:
Understand that as you have won the division multiple times no one wants to make a trade that makes you stronger. Not surprising 🤔

Even if your offer is better than another I'm making it harder for me to win the division if i give up Saquon to you. Rather send him to a lesser team even if lesser assets are returning my way. Its all about increasing our chances of winning , not being what you'd consider fair. That's just the price you have to pay for your success. If you feel strongly enough then i guess you could find another league.

I've been in your situation and just took it as a challenge to win against all odds. Usually it's not all teams that join in anyhow but you may find a few that basically boycott you unless they get to rape you. Makes it sweeter when you win anyhow. Your trade offer last year was offered essentially in every lg and rejected a vast majority of the time since Barkley was like the year Zeke came out ... Heads & shoulders above the next best player in potential. Make the same offer this year and it's an instant accept. Can't blame them for not wanting to give the best team a generational talent.

To the OP ... Sour grapes from somebody always comes up when dominant team makes a trade. Doubtful when you first started they considered your trades ripoffs. Expect to overpay as the price of success. As back to back champs you likely have the assets to do so or still compete without trading. Just have fun with it.
The guy trading Saquan isnt in my division and the team he traded him to is loaded , currently better than mine as my team is starting to age out because nobody will trade with me.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:49 am

This situation comes when your successful sometimes. Other times it comes when you deserve the reputation from ripping people off. I dont know your case, but i wouldnt worry about it either way. Noone is forced to trade with anyone so there isnt much you can do.

Not sure how many leagues your in, but surely you've seen or felt similar in reguards to another owner. I certainly have and just tend to stay away from trading with them. I'll also add that you know if you make fair deals based on the players/picks being swapped....if your making fair trades, there should be no concern.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:24 am

Your a multiple time winner you have a handicap now. Same thing happens in my other leagues. Guy wins a couple in a row making some good trades and owners run around telling new people to "watch out for this guy". Just jealousy
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:06 am

If anything, it is harder to deal with a good team because of that exact fact, they're a good team! 1. The owner is good and knows what players and picks are worth. That's probably how they got there in the first place... 2. They have a solid team and are probably only looking for certain deals to strengthen their team. I know it was hard to deal with one owner in my league for a while because his team was so good and he didn't need much (or so everyone thought... Fantasy football rosters can flip in an instant)

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 am

In my opinion, it’s not necessarily your roster that makes a league enjoyable...it’s the other owners. I would rather have a bleep team in a league with a bunch of great owners than have a great team in a league with a bunch of crap owners. You can always improve your team in a league with good owners.

Seems like maybe you entered the league that either had good owners (when things were going their way) or the owners just weren’t that great to begin with. You put time and effort into your team (and maybe they didn’t). After a while, those others start to get pissy and jealous. That’s their problem. Now, if they are blackballing you (and I mean seriously blackballing you), then in my opinion that wouldn’t be right. I don’t know that you could do anything about it though, and I don’t necessarily think it would be collusion in the traditional sense of the word. I do think it’s kinda bs that the commish would say it though.

Now, I don’t know your league or the general environment of the chat, and if these blackball suggestions were joking, half joking, or completely serious. So, this could be all in fun and jest, or could be a legit suggestion to blackball you.

The way I see it is that you have two options.
1) Since it’s a money league, you could keep on doing what you are doing and take their money. Now, it might not be fun since the social aspect could be lessened. Or it could all blow over and everything could go back to the way it was. Who knows?

2) Roll out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 am

slaughterrt wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 am In my opinion, it’s not necessarily your roster that makes a league enjoyable...it’s the other owners. I would rather have a bleep team in a league with a bunch of great owners than have a great team in a league with a bunch of crap owners. You can always improve your team in a league with good owners.
Hear hear! :thumbup:

Of course it is even better to be a good team in a league with great owners. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 am

Sounds like just a joke that you took the wrong way. Dynasty owners are always hesitant to trade with those who have made good trades in the past. When your team is constantly a strong contender, most people tend to remember your good trades and forget your bad ones. I'd say just let it go and move on.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Hofbrau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hofbrau » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 am Sounds like just a joke that you took the wrong way. Dynasty owners are always hesitant to trade with those who have made good trades in the past. When your team is constantly a strong contender, most people tend to remember your good trades and forget your bad ones. I'd say just let it go and move on.
I agree with this. All those trades that you "win" come with a cost. As long as you aren't out there trying to steal, it'll blow over.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:36 am

When Sundays roll around, all that matters is the scoreboard for me. I have been in fun leagues, but those seem to be less and less of a factor. Nowadays, people are a lot more offended by the winning teams and teams that come ahead in trades, so it is what it is if they want to be that way. With all the talk of not burning bridges or whatever may get particular league mate's thongs in a bunch, trades and business will always be had. If a trade partner thinks they are "winning" a trade and/or improving their team, they will almost always swallow some pride and make a deal. This is chess, not checkers and if people think money leagues intentions are to sit in a circle to sing kumbaya, then they are in the wrong hobby (for $$ at least). I think in your circumstance it was a joke, collusion usually requires a little more secrecy, one would think. Keep taking their money, they will get over it.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:01 am

ArrylT wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 am
slaughterrt wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 am In my opinion, it’s not necessarily your roster that makes a league enjoyable...it’s the other owners. I would rather have a bleep team in a league with a bunch of great owners than have a great team in a league with a bunch of crap owners. You can always improve your team in a league with good owners.
Hear hear! :thumbup:

Of course it is even better to be a good team in a league with great owners. :)
Agree 100%
Friction wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:36 am When Sundays roll around, all that matters is the scoreboard for me. I have been in fun leagues, but those seem to be less and less of a factor. Nowadays, people are a lot more offended by the winning teams and teams that come ahead in trades, so it is what it is if they want to be that way. With all the talk of not burning bridges or whatever may get particular league mate's thongs in a bunch, trades and business will always be had. If a trade partner thinks they are "winning" a trade and/or improving their team, they will almost always swallow some pride and make a deal. This is chess, not checkers and if people think money leagues intentions are to sit in a circle to sing kumbaya, then they are in the wrong hobby (for $$ at least).I think in your circumstance it was a joke, collusion usually requires a little more secrecy, one would think. Keep taking their money, they will get over it.
Agree with all this as well. However, my view of having an enjoyable and social interactive league comes from the perspective of only playing in free leagues. I enjoy the friendly banter and strategy discussions and whatnot with a lot of like-minded owners (as well as non like-minded ones). I suppose I enjoy being in those leagues that are actively talking and interacting...whether through email or pm or chat. I guess it’s similar to the message boards here. Again, this is from a free-to-play owner, so take that for what’s it worth. I care about winning as much as the pay-to-play guy, but I enjoy other aspects of the league as well.

But in money leagues, I guess you could say all bets are off with socializing and being friendly...especially if you have a very competitive team.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 am

thank you all for taking the time to chime in.

I've posted in an advice forum a few days back about me trying to make a deal involving G.Kittle.

My main roster in this league looks like this

R.Wilson, C.Wentz
A.Kamara,J.Mixon,J.Conner,K.Drake,K.Dixon,G.Bernard,K.Ballage,Rojo
Nuk, OBJ, Juju, M.Evans, C.Davis,M.Williams, D.Cain,K.Bourne,DJ Chark
Ebron,Engram,Herndon

I've been trying for a couple weeks to make a deal for Kelce or Kittle. It was asked why I haven't targeted Ertz. Well, I used to own Ertz but I accepted an offer for him. Offer was M.Evans, Engram and a 1st for Ertz and a 2nd. I accepted as offered. Then I picked up Herndon off ww. Now, I'm trying to make offers to owners of Kelce and Kittle. Both owners need help with rb and wr and honestly aren't really in contention now in the short term / at least on paper. To my dismay, offers of M.Evans and a 1st are not enough, offers of M.Evans, Ebron, and a 1st are not enough. I get counters for each involving Hopkins, Ebron, + for Kelce for an example. So... because this is a 150.00 buy in per owner, and 1st place brings home 950.00 and the high scoring franchise during reg season is awarded 150.00, it'll be incredibly hard for me to walk away now even if I am being unintentionally / intentionally blackballed. I think my roster is (on paper) the strongest, deepest, most balanced - and under the cap - I'll just roll with it, and draft smart. IN salary cap leagues it is very important to hit on an occasional later round guy(like after the first round) - (like juju, Conner, Kamara). I didn't make a huge deal off this on the message board and I think it was likely done or intended as a joke. Oh, well.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 am

1) Talk collusion Smack back at him in a joking way.

2) Never offer Ronald Jones II in a trade as a test unless you are giving that bust and pick away for NOTHING to have him forcibly removed from your roster. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:54 am

JFever wrote: ↑Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 am thank you all for taking the time to chime in.

I've posted in an advice forum a few days back about me trying to make a deal involving G.Kittle.

My main roster in this league looks like this

R.Wilson, C.Wentz
A.Kamara,J.Mixon,J.Conner,K.Drake,K.Dixon,G.Bernard,K.Ballage,Rojo
Nuk, OBJ, Juju, M.Evans, C.Davis,M.Williams, D.Cain,K.Bourne,DJ Chark
Ebron,Engram,Herndon

I've been trying for a couple weeks to make a deal for Kelce or Kittle. It was asked why I haven't targeted Ertz. Well, I used to own Ertz but I accepted an offer for him. Offer was M.Evans, Engram and a 1st for Ertz and a 2nd. I accepted as offered. Then I picked up Herndon off ww. Now, I'm trying to make offers to owners of Kelce and Kittle. Both owners need help with rb and wr and honestly aren't really in contention now in the short term / at least on paper. To my dismay, offers of M.Evans and a 1st are not enough, offers of M.Evans, Ebron, and a 1st are not enough. I get counters for each involving Hopkins, Ebron, + for Kelce for an example. So... because this is a 150.00 buy in per owner, and 1st place brings home 950.00 and the high scoring franchise during reg season is awarded 150.00, it'll be incredibly hard for me to walk away now even if I am being unintentionally / intentionally blackballed. I think my roster is (on paper) the strongest, deepest, most balanced - and under the cap - I'll just roll with it, and draft smart. IN salary cap leagues it is very important to hit on an occasional later round guy(like after the first round) - (like juju, Conner, Kamara). I didn't make a huge deal off this on the message board and I think it was likely done or intended as a joke. Oh, well.
If Hopkins has a sky high salary and Kittle has a very low salary (both seem likely to be true), I entirely understand an owner valuing Kittle quite a bit more. In a salary cap league, it's not just about "who's better against their own position," but about "who's providing the most bang for the buck."
Did you provide the salaries in the other thread? That would be a HUGE consideration into any trade.