Flacco to the Broncos

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Flacco to the Broncos

Postby Jfever » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:16 pm To play devil's advocate, who is available that might have been better:

Eli???
Bortles???
Bridgewater?
FitzMagic??
A rookie?
BDN?

Not a lot of good options. Foles is probably better, imho. The others? Not so much.
I'd stick with Keenum and draft a rookie with the first rounder. Focus on the o-line in free agency and other draft picks. Sign Golden Tate.
Agree with this take
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 pm

It sounds like Elway had a thing for Lock. Will be interesting to see if he falls to them, but I doubt it.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Maybe the strategy is they know he just got beat out by one rookie, maybe the Broncos are doing this so the rookie they draft can hopefully beat him out too..

Poor Joe.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm

How do people feel about the Denver o-line transitioning to an outside zone offense? I’m not sure that I have faith in that going well enough to think that Flacco is going to have much time back there and I don’t think he’ll do well in that situation. I’d be interested in the Denver TE given that Flacco has a well established affinity for the position, as does the Shanahan system and I suspect they’ll need an outlet. Outside of that, maybe try and get the cheapest RB?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:12 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm How do people feel about the Denver o-line transitioning to an outside zone offense? I’m not sure that I have faith in that going well enough to think that Flacco is going to have much time back there and I don’t think he’ll do well in that situation. I’d be interested in the Denver TE given that Flacco has a well established affinity for the position, as does the Shanahan system and I suspect they’ll need an outlet. Outside of that, maybe try and get the cheapest RB?
The offensive line is the next thing I need to learn. I’ve spent decades learning how to spot skill position players but for some reason I’ve neglected that aspect. I’ve been burned by crappy coaches coming in and changing philosophies instead of catering to the players that they have. I hate system coaches.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am

John Elway was recently quoted as saying Joe Flacco is just now "entering his prime." Analysis: Elway is clearly on the hot seat in Denver after failing to successfully address the quarterback position. It seems the reason may be because he's now gone insane.

Hopefully this boosts some confidence. :thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 am

Well there is a trend where QBs in their mid-late 30s are playing longer & better than they used to. A lot obviously has to do with the 'new" NFL and the rule changes, and some to do with improvements in nutrition, health & such. I do not think Flacco is in his prime but at the same time neither is he in his 'dotage' either.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Elway is obviously reaching, but there is some logic to the notion that Flacco is a better fit for their current offense than Keenum was. Elway wants a tall, big-armed QB that stretches the field vertically.
ericanadian wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm How do people feel about the Denver o-line transitioning to an outside zone offense?
I dunno about the linemen fit, but it fits their current crop of running-back talent.
I’m not sure that I have faith in that going well enough to think that Flacco is going to have much time back there and I don’t think he’ll do well in that situation.
Despite his big arm, Flacco checks down all day if he's under pressure. However, Denver's O-line was respectable in pass-protection last year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Lol. It seems a lot of you are thinking Denver and Tennessee will be playing in the AFC Championship game.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Dunno how they're gonna do that when they have to get past KC (12 win team, game-breaking QB and offense), Houston (11 win team despite possibly the worst O-line in the league last year), Indy (10 win team, ascending with Luck back and a GM that's actually competent), Jax (defense is still stacked like pancakes and now they have a real QB), and LA (12 win team) in their own divisions.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TigerSharkP
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TigerSharkP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 am

Elway and Flacco have each won Superbowls in the not too distant past; I wouldn't underestimate them.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:48 pm

^ as a Broncos fan there are a lot of reasons to question Elway and Flacco. Elway has been given the benefit of the doubt here in Denver but he's on the hot seat right now in the local media because outside of last years draft and Von Miller he has dried up the depth of the team by missing on a lot of draft picks. Signing Manning allowed him to bring in marquee free agents that wanted to win super bowls but other then that he has been very underwhelming.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Its a wrap for Flacco this year (and perhaps with the Broncos)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ed-reserve
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Is he droppable in 1 QB leagues?

The two leagues I own him already have full IRs. Considering dropping Doctson off one to put Flacco in, but I'm not really sure which stiff I want to keep.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:50 pm

problemsolver wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm Is he droppable in 1 QB leagues?

The two leagues I own him already have full IRs. Considering dropping Doctson off one to put Flacco in, but I'm not really sure which stiff I want to keep.
He's been available on waivers in most of mine all year.