Sell
42%

Total votes: 205

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Buy Or Sell D'Onta Foreman?

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:59 am

mullmania wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:09 pm IDK but I flipped a pre SF Tevin Coleman copy for Miller as part of a bigger deal and feel ok about it.

I feel like Miller is falling under the radar as someone likely to get a 60% opportunity share in an elite offense
I like Miller for this season. The problem with Miller in Dynasty is he is a pretty short term solution that can help a win now team. 1.12 is an ideal spot for a QB, Fant or Hockenson type that can help for years.

1.12 is simply too high of an asset for me to part with personally. Miller is the type of asset one should move another player for in a similar situation if possible.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:16 pm

Who knows what it may mean, but Foreman appears to be working out exclusively with Hopkins this offseason.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 pm

does everyone feel like this year could be it for foreman? only miller in his way and, frankly, miller looked like a more effective player when he received less touches.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue May 21, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm buying for sure.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm

I think Foreman should be viewed as a penny-stock flier. If that's consistent with the price-tag, then sure, go for it. If not, one shouldn't be buying.

It is hyper likely the Texans take an RB on Day 1 or 2 next class. It's even plausible they trade for Duke Johnson mid-season; they already have reported interest in Duke, but won't overpay for him right now while they know Dorsey's ask will be cheaper when Hunt's about to return. And even beside all that, there's still no real indication Foreman is threatening Miller's starting role this year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm It is hyper likely the Texans take an RB on Day 1 or 2 next class.
ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm still no real indication Foreman is threatening Miller's starting role this year.
These two things dont jive.

They will want to see what he they have in Foreman before investing a high draft pick on a RB. Therefore Foreman will get an opportunity. And if he performs well, he will take Millers job
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Foreman is a good buy, but I don't see him wrestling away the bulk of the workload. Lamar Miller is just so good at being decent that he continues to keep the job.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Lamar Miller is like Frank Gore or CJ Anderson in that he does his job well enough for the NFL to like him enough to keep his job or give him a new job but not well enough for fantasy owners to love him. However he (like CJA) is not as durable as Gore, so if Foreman gets his foot in the door, maybe he has a shot at making the Texans like him as much as fantasy owners do. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Fun fact I read about Lamar Miller, he has never had a top 20 offensive line and has continually needed to contend with horrid offensive lines. In fact, the BEST two lines he has ever had were 21st and 26th respectively. I cannot name a single RB who has needed to deal with that as consistently as Miller. He has had a line that ranks bottom two in the NFL for more than half of his career.

I think Miller is the guy to own this year, I think Foreman is a pipe dream and that they will add their starter for 2020 in the next off-season.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 pm

The time to buy Foreman was pre-draft. The time to sell is as soon as he looks good this season.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Well I can't buy him much as I own him multiple places but I think he's got a lot going for him. Even if Houston takes a RB next year, Lamar is gonna walk and D'Onta gets in a time share in a great offense that will be in the RZ plenty. He's dirt cheap and only gonna gain value at this point. There will be a "sell" window I believe with Foreman later on this year that will be the sweet spot.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 am

This year, I really struggled with "liking" guys after the 2nd round of rookie drafts.

In Round 3+ you're probably taking guys like Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Damien Harris, Hurd, Snell, Ridley, Harmon (decent value for him...from where he was pre-draft lol). I think Foreman would easily be draftable among these guys...again, if you're paying a 3rd for Foreman...I'd do it all day.

This is a two-pronged conundrum:

- In Houston not drafting an RB, does it speak more towards what they think of Miller or what they see in Foreman? Probably both.

- Should Foreman be given the opportunity to shine, do you ride it out or do you sell at first sight?

Foreman profiled significantly better as an NFL bellcow than a lot of the RBs listed above but at this point, with his career arc today...I very well could convince myself to sell him if he takes off.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 pm Foreman is a good buy, but I don't see him wrestling away the bulk of the workload. Lamar Miller is just so good at being decent that he continues to keep the job.
This is exactly how I feel. He does everything so OK he isn't costing you games
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Servo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 am This year, I really struggled with "liking" guys after the 2nd round of rookie drafts.

In Round 3+ you're probably taking guys like Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Damien Harris, Hurd, Snell, Ridley, Harmon (decent value for him...from where he was pre-draft lol). I think Foreman would easily be draftable among these guys...again, if you're paying a 3rd for Foreman...I'd do it all day.

This is a two-pronged conundrum:

- In Houston not drafting an RB, does it speak more towards what they think of Miller or what they see in Foreman? Probably both.

- Should Foreman be given the opportunity to shine, do you ride it out or do you sell at first sight?

Foreman profiled significantly better as an NFL bellcow than a lot of the RBs listed above but at this point, with his career arc today...I very well could convince myself to sell him if he takes off.
Miller is in the final year of his deal. I suspect that if they were leaning to keeping him long term they would do an extension and reduce his cap number. That said, they have a tremendous amount of cap space, so maybe not. They needed to focus on the offensive line, so I’m not sure the lack of RB in the draft means much of anything. Miller is here for this year and they can wait and see on Foreman to see if he still has any juice.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 pm

JTLoh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm It is hyper likely the Texans take an RB on Day 1 or 2 next class.
ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm still no real indication Foreman is threatening Miller's starting role this year.
These two things dont jive.

They will want to see what he they have in Foreman before investing a high draft pick on a RB. Therefore Foreman will get an opportunity. And if he performs well, he will take Millers job
Of course it 'jives' -- Miller is 28 and on the last year of his contract. That's why it's likely Houston is taking an RB early next year.

It's your wishful thinking ("if he performs well, he will take Millers job") that doesn't jive with the facts.

- Houston had/has open interest in trading for Duke Johnson, which would instantly send Foreman to third on the depth-chart
- In both word and deed, Houston has never faded Miller as their starter the entire time he's been in Houston
- In both word and deed, Houston is pleased by Miller's performance last year, particularly considering how the O-line struggled
- Foreman has taken a disturbingly long time to recover from his injury, effectively 1.5 years: obvious red flag is obvious
- And it's not even as if he was good pre-injury, as he graded below replacement-level by PFF in '17
- Foreman was a third-round pick; that's enough draft capital insulation for the first couple of seasons, not longer

Trying to trade for Duke especially is a grim indicator regarding Houston's view of Foreman, i.e. they're already looking past him, and not counting on him. Even besides that, no one can point to any evidence from Houston themselves that they're eager to move Foreman up the chart. No coachspeak, nothing. Everything said by the staff regarding Foreman has been with a tone / subtext of "we're just hoping he can be of some help this year".

Miller has a 7.2 mil cap hit and only a 1 mil dead cap hit this year -- if Houston were looking to move on from him or fade him as the starter, then witih that cap hit and those potential savings, they'd be considering cutting him. Instead, there's zero indication they're considering that. Backup RBs don't get paid 7 milllion for the season.

To this point in time, the narrative that Foreman can/will usurp Miller's job in '19 is exclusively FF armchair-fan driven.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE