42%

Total votes: 205

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Buy Or Sell D'Onta Foreman?

Postby RB6 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm
badbuddah wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 pm Complete loss...Wasted a late second for him years ago, now he is a cut.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. At least he was not Joe Williams, Jeremy McNichols, Carlos Henderson or Samaje Perine ...
That’s exactly what he is at this point. Another hyped rookie RB not panning out.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:52 pm

RB6 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 pm
badbuddah wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 pm Complete loss...Wasted a late second for him years ago, now he is a cut.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. At least he was not Joe Williams, Jeremy McNichols, Carlos Henderson or Samaje Perine ...
That’s exactly what he is at this point. Another hyped rookie RB not panning out.
Difference between having 2 major injuries and simply not being good enough.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 am

trc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Not when you don't have the work ethic or intelligence to make it, anyway. You are claiming injuries as the reason, and that's fine. I should clarify. Some around here are claiming he was cut due to attitude, which seems in part to be true. In all honesty, I think it was a combination of attitude and the fact he just wasn't that good. Maybe he wasn't that good because of the injury, but his pass pro was apparently bad coming into the league, and continued to be bad into year 2. I think the fact he was raw, not very smart, and suffered major a major injury was just a trio of things that led to his demise, considering he was a 235 pond 2 down back when he entered the league, it's not surprising this set of circumstances rendered him redundant. As FF players, we don't get to interview players, or talk to them etc. If we did, I'll bet a lot of people who drafted him would not have, a few years ago.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 am
trc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Not when you don't have the work ethic or intelligence to make it, anyway. You are claiming injuries as the reason, and that's fine. I should clarify. Some around here are claiming he was cut due to attitude, which seems in part to be true. In all honesty, I think it was a combination of attitude and the fact he just wasn't that good. Maybe he wasn't that good because of the injury, but his pass pro was apparently bad coming into the league, and continued to be bad into year 2. I think the fact he was raw, not very smart, and suffered major a major injury was just a trio of things that led to his demise, considering he was a 235 pond 2 down back when he entered the league, it's not surprising this set of circumstances rendered him redundant. As FF players, we don't get to interview players, or talk to them etc. If we did, I'll bet a lot of people who drafted him would not have, a few years ago.
My point was only, that he didn't get to prove truthers right or wrong on the field, as the other mentioned did. I know it is an 'what if argument', but we really never will know where he would be today, if it wasn't for that achilles injury. It could be that he just didn't have the morale to fight through a major injury, but had sufficient morale to work out before the injury.
I don't know if the injury just escalated something bound to happen anyways.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:34 am

No matter the circumstances, he is a colossal bust.

A wasted 2nd round pick and roster clogger.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:08 am

The point I made is 2 fold.

1 - It is not as if he was the sole 2nd round pick target from 2017 to not pan out. In other words what was considered a strong class had multiple 'busts' coming out of the 2nd round. All those players mentioned I saw taken in 2nd rounds of 2017 rookie drafts - heck Perine made it into the 1st in some.

2 - Unlike most of those players there was ample time for any owner who was uncomfortable with Foreman to move off of him. Maybe you could only get a 3rd or a 4th or an upside guy ... but if you turned Foreman into a 4th and took Darwin Thompson with that 4th round pick it is not like you got nothing.

People seem to forget that even early to mid 1sts have like 50% success rate - by the time we get to mid-late 2nds that success rate is like 10% or less. You choose to take the gamble or find a different gamble to bet on. Foreman is not a glaring bust out of a sea of successful selections, he is the typical result.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:46 am

2015 - Abdullah
2016 - Devontae Booker, Paul Perkins, Prosise, Dixon
2017 - Perine, Foreman

Plenty of Late 1st/2nd RD Rookie Draft RB's over the years have busted but I'll eat it now, Foreman's gotta be a true afterthought at this point. In 2017 I had the 2.08 and 2.10...took Foreman at 2.08 and thought I had Juju at 2.10....he went 2.09. :(

That one will hurt for a while.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Waived by the Colts.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Well that planted flag has done burned up. Had big hopes for him and didn't overpay where owned; had hoped I was getting a steal but instead got a slug. Moving on.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm

And now Lamar Miller with a likely torn ACL.

And now me with a FML.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:48 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm And now Lamar Miller with a likely torn ACL.

And now me with a FML.
It's almost a sick joke how all of this has turned out LMAO!

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:07 pm

I got saved by the other owners in my league on this one. I’ll admit I was a Foreman fan as well when he came out, and made inquires about him in two of my leagues. In both leagues the other owners had both Miller and Foreman. And in both instances, I was told they would not move Foreman unless I bought Miller too. I pondered it, but passed in both cases because I didn’t want to add extra value to get Lamar involved. And I thank both owners for forcing me to dodge these bullets. Lol

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 am

This is the Foreman thread w the most posts.

I've never fully believed in Mike Davis' prospects this year. His greatest advantage might be that the backs behind him (like Hawkins and Ollison) don't seem like major threats to his (projected) volume.

The team signed Foreman last week after hosting him the week before. His previous experience with coach's scheme in Tennessee is probably why he's getting bids of up to 10% of waiver budgets the last few days.

Could be a sneaky add.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:49 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 am This is the Foreman thread w the most posts.

I've never fully believed in Mike Davis' prospects this year. His greatest advantage might be that the backs behind him (like Hawkins and Ollison) don't seem like major threats to his (projected) volume.

The team signed Foreman last week after hosting him the week before. His previous experience with coach's scheme in Tennessee is probably why he's getting bids of up to 10% of waiver budgets the last few days.

Could be a sneaky add.
I understand the mindset but personally think theres nothing here. Initial reaction was this was only a potential indictment on Ollison, but reports since have been Ollison is solidified as the #2 making Foreman a depth/camp add that got the opportunity because he knows the system. He won’t be able to make noise because he’s bad anyway.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:30 am

I don’t play in any leagues with large enough rosters to justify adding him, but I’m definitely rooting for him, partly because I was high on him as a prospect and think he maybe could’ve been something if not for the horrible injury luck, and partly because I just recently bought “low” on Akers, so any signs of life from him and Marlon Mack give me hope that my gamble will pay off.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0