Re: Buy Or Sell D'Onta Foreman?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Did I actually start this thread lol don't remember that

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:07 pm Did I actually start this thread lol don't remember that
Seems like yours was the 2nd post. You said "what's the price". Probably a response to the OP. If the OP is removed, or removes their account, their post simply vanishes, so my guess is, that is what happened.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:07 pm Did I actually start this thread lol don't remember that
Seems like yours was the 2nd post. You said "what's the price". Probably a response to the OP. If the OP is removed, or removes their account, their post simply vanishes, so my guess is, that is what happened.
Yeah thats what I figured. I never really cared about Foreman much. Definitely not enough to start a thread lol

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Must have been a Coogan thread...

:lol:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 am This is the Foreman thread w the most posts.

I've never fully believed in Mike Davis' prospects this year. His greatest advantage might be that the backs behind him (like Hawkins and Ollison) don't seem like major threats to his (projected) volume.

The team signed Foreman last week after hosting him the week before. His previous experience with coach's scheme in Tennessee is probably why he's getting bids of up to 10% of waiver budgets the last few days.

Could be a sneaky add.
Sure, Atlanta new front office and coaching staff decided to go zero RB strategy and sign their starting RB mid August. Because that's what NFL teams do...

Doesn't matter if you like Mike Davis or not, he is the starting RB for Atlanta. Atlanta let a horrific Gurley start for them last year, surely you'd agree Mike Davis is an upgrade.

Btw, I like Fireman, drafted him his rookie year. And will take free flyers on him this year. But I do not believe for a second that he represents any risk to Mike Davis.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:48 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:42 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 am This is the Foreman thread w the most posts.

I've never fully believed in Mike Davis' prospects this year. His greatest advantage might be that the backs behind him (like Hawkins and Ollison) don't seem like major threats to his (projected) volume.

The team signed Foreman last week after hosting him the week before. His previous experience with coach's scheme in Tennessee is probably why he's getting bids of up to 10% of waiver budgets the last few days.

Could be a sneaky add.
Sure, Atlanta new front office and coaching staff decided to go zero RB strategy and sign their starting RB mid August. Because that's what NFL teams do...

Doesn't matter if you like Mike Davis or not, he is the starting RB for Atlanta. Atlanta let a horrific Gurley start for them last year, surely you'd agree Mike Davis is an upgrade.

Btw, I like Fireman, drafted him his rookie year. And will take free flyers on him this year. But I do not believe for a second that he represents any risk to Mike Davis.
Yeah, Ed is solid, even if he is a Jets fan.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Could be a sneaky add.

Lol, I can't get through a post without auto correct changing what I wanted to type. Usually I catch it first before getting called out on it,. But I'm just enjoying my vodka and cigars tonight.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Lol, I can't get through a post without auto correct changing what I wanted to type. Usually I catch it first before getting called out on it,. But I'm just enjoying my vodka and cigars tonight.
I could have taken another direction with that joke, but chose the PG-13 version.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 pm

Could be a sneaky add.

Last year, Gurley's pre and post byes were pretty stark. In the 9 games before the bye, he regularly hit 16 touches, capping at 25. In the 7 games after the bye, the high and low was 2 and 10.

Ito Smith's splits went the other way- pre bye touch high of 5 with a floor 0. After the bye, he regularly hit double digits with a high of 16.

If Davis experiences the same drop in touch efficiency in the latter half of the season as he did last year in Carolina, I can envision a similar play this year. I don't think Foreman will necessarily force Davis to the sidelines because of his play, but I think he's well positioned if Davis fades again.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Guess we'll find out today or tomorrow if he stuck. Obviously unlikely he'll ever be an RB1 but I am glad for his sake that he is still in the NFL.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm

Well, he ended up back in Tennessee after King Henry's season ending (?) injury. With Julio and AJB also on IR, Tennessee was left with the following offensive tools against the Patriots- Foreman, Hilliard, Westbrook-Ikhine, Firkser, Chester Rogers, Swaim. Despite having no one to pull defensive attention from the run game, Foreman and Hilliard combine to pound NE- 19/109 and 12/131, respectively.

I bet you Foreman has earned a shot at a starting job through the preseason and beginning of the season, rather than having to wait until a mid season injury.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm

My sweet Prince

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Foreman looked good last year playing for Henry the latter half of last year, then Carolina went out of their way to bring him in despite Hubbard being on the roster. With CMC dealt, various pods debating Carolina's preferred back in fantasy. There hasn't been any agreement. Some have focused on snap count or production Sunday, others on Hubbard's apparent receiving role.

How're people approaching Foreman in dynasty?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:36 pm

He tore his achilles in 2017...he's washed. Oh wait.

It's probably a joint committee with Hubbard, but Chuba did tweak his ankle so there might be a small window. It's still Carolina and an abysmal offense. Not something I'd pay much for.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:32 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:21 pm Foreman looked good last year playing for Henry the latter half of last year, then Carolina went out of their way to bring him in despite Hubbard being on the roster. With CMC dealt, various pods debating Carolina's preferred back in fantasy. There hasn't been any agreement. Some have focused on snap count or production Sunday, others on Hubbard's apparent receiving role.

How're people approaching Foreman in dynasty?
With how many injuries my team is racking up I've gotta keep him as a possible fill in down the line. If I wasn't in the running I would ship him out for a second round pick pretty easily
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06