ESPN Dynasty down

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: ESPN Dynasty down

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:31 pm

One of the things that I allow as a commish is trading of the picks during the season prior and then automatically process the pick trades once the year resets and you can do draft pick trading..

..I cannot send people the picks they should get right now.

I sent them an email; here is hoping it gets fixed.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:42 pm

"Official" ESPN response regarding the removal of this function:
Thanks for contacting ESPN. Fantasy Football is a "soft launch" at this time and some features aren't available. They will be available closer to the start of the season.

This feature will not go away. We understand its impact and value for LMs in LM leagues. We'll be adding features throughout the season. Thanks for your patience.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:03 pm They have completed revamped their online interface.
Not sure how I feel about it yet, just pointing out it is vastly different.

They did add a league chat to the main page; all I have noticed so far in regards to actual additions.

...from what I can see, they appear to have removed the ability from an LM to process trades.
Well, that is annoying..
Yikes my one commish is very good at pushing trades through. Thats hopefully going to be fixed
So does this mean that trades now automatically take X amount of time regardless?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:42 pm "Official" ESPN response regarding the removal of this function:
Thanks for contacting ESPN. Fantasy Football is a "soft launch" at this time and some features aren't available. They will be available closer to the start of the season.

This feature will not go away. We understand its impact and value for LMs in LM leagues. We'll be adding features throughout the season. Thanks for your patience.
Glad to hear it & thanks for finding that out! :)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 pm

I also wish they'd allow for future pick trading. You can't even trade 2019 picks until now. That's about my only gripe with ESPN. The chat is trash but everyone uses discord or GroupMe anyway

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:21 am

My god, I hate this new design layout. It's a shame, because my leagues have all been on ESPN from the start, but I'm really considering trying to push us to another now.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 am

Kaz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:21 am My god, I hate this new design layout. It's a shame, because my leagues have all been on ESPN from the start, but I'm really considering trying to push us to another now.
What's different

FeartheRavens06
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FeartheRavens06 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am

I can't find the trade block anymore. Is this gone or am I just missing it?
11th year ESPN, 0.5 PPR, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1 IDP FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Henry, Michel, Penny, Coleman, AP, Ekeler
WR: OBJ, Adams, Diggs, Cooks, Jeffery, Allison, Moncrief
TE: Herndon, Doyle, Seals-Jones
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, McMillan, J Brown (TEN)
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Weatherly, Vernon
DB: Collins, Adams, Tartt, Bates, Peppers

FeartheRavens06
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FeartheRavens06 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am

Also can't edit message board posts? That came in handy when updating the rookie draft pick order after trades get made
11th year ESPN, 0.5 PPR, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1 IDP FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Henry, Michel, Penny, Coleman, AP, Ekeler
WR: OBJ, Adams, Diggs, Cooks, Jeffery, Allison, Moncrief
TE: Herndon, Doyle, Seals-Jones
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, McMillan, J Brown (TEN)
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Weatherly, Vernon
DB: Collins, Adams, Tartt, Bates, Peppers

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 am

If what was shared by Phaded is true - then maybe they will be re-activating more features later on during this "soft launch"?

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 am
Kaz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:21 am My god, I hate this new design layout. It's a shame, because my leagues have all been on ESPN from the start, but I'm really considering trying to push us to another now.
What's different
If they really just aren't done yet with all the functional parts of the site that's fine. I'm willing to wait a bit if it means they actually make things better, so I'll hold off on judgement regarding that.

But whoever designed the new main league page layout and colors had no idea what they were doing. For one thing (and this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I'm really annoyed by this), the color scheme went from the ESPN deep green and some white to full blown white on white with barely any contrast between the different sections. Think basic MFL but without any options to customize. It literally is uncomfortable on my eyes.
They also added more advertising banners and things like league chat and previous year results and trophies to the front page, which to me is just unnecessary filler. I liked that ESPN had a pretty clean look and very user friendly UI, it was the biggest reason for staying with them.

I really hope they stick to that email and still have a lot of things to change, because otherwise I'd be pretty unhappy about the direction they are headed.

Then again, maybe I'm just old and hate change. :think: :snooty:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pmSo does this mean that trades now automatically take X amount of time regardless?
That is unrelated to the trade function I am referring to I believe; that has to do with trade review and veto periods.
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 pmI also wish they'd allow for future pick trading. You can't even trade 2019 picks until now. That's about my only gripe with ESPN. The chat is trash but everyone uses discord or GroupMe anyway
Yeah - I commish two leagues, it is not a major inconvenience to do things manually but it would certainly make trade offers easier.
FeartheRavens06 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 amI can't find the trade block anymore. Is this gone or am I just missing it?
Seems to be gone; but based on their previous response to me - this is an unfinished product (why they would release it like that, I have no clue).
FeartheRavens06 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 amAlso can't edit message board posts? That came in handy when updating the rookie draft pick order after trades get made
Didn't notice that one - ugh; that would be horrendous if that was left out.
You also can no longer post polls..

They also are missing trophies and trophy cases.
Damn it, ESPN.

Also for the record - I agree with those saying that this new layout is trash. It looks like they are trying to copy NFL.com when it comes to layout; which is also trash.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:14 am

FeartheRavens06 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am Also can't edit message board posts? That came in handy when updating the rookie draft pick order after trades get made
If you're talking about editing the League Manager's Note, you certainly can. You just have to make sure you're on the 2019 Home Page. But I'm not liking the new look. It's just copying NFL.com's style and it's hard on the eyes. YUCK!
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:09 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm You also can no longer post polls..
You'll find "Create/Edit League Manger's Poll" in League Manger's Tools
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:09 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm You also can no longer post polls..
You'll find "Create/Edit League Manger's Poll" in League Manger's Tools
Ironically, for the first poll I asked the league if they wanted to stay with ESPN or move to MFL.