Where Does Tevin Coleman Go?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Where Does Tevin Coleman Go?

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 pm

I stand corrected. Musta not seen that game.

Anyway, you see there in the stats that Free got more red-zone carries every season.

Sorry for not editing my other posts in time to prevent this awkward chain. :$
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:09 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 pm I stand corrected. Musta not seen that game.

Anyway, you see there in the stats that Free got more red-zone carries every season.

Sorry for not editing my other posts in time to prevent this awkward chain. :$
I was just about to say the same thing, which would have made it even more awkward. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 am

Lol. You guys aren't supposed to be polite. You should stick your chests out while burying your heads in the sand, double down on your stances, and get into a pissing match like some other posters around here. :lol:

:thumbsup: well done guys.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 am

San Fran isn’t a terrible landing spot in my opinion. I believe it to be better than ATL for Coleman. You would have to be delusional to think he would or could be a bell cow feature back. He is going to another timeshare, yes, but he now is the most talented back in the committee, where that wasn’t the case in ATL. Add the familiarity with Shanahan, and this could be a decent scenario for viable flex starter appeal with RB2 upside. Not horrible.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 am

Shanahan knows exactly what T. Coleman is...a COP back. That's more than likely going to be his role, at least if we're following the money. McKinnon 4 yr/$30M vs 2 yr/$10M for Coleman.

At the very least, there is zero chance they cut McKinnon. His dead cap > cap hit in '19. Maybe next year.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am

Is it possible Coleman knew he disappointed last year and figured he wanted some version of a "prove it" deal in a good situation for him? And that's why he chose the short term deal. I guess we'll see his role in regular season.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:52 am

James McGhee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 am Shanahan knows exactly what T. Coleman is...a COP back. That's more than likely going to be his role, at least if we're following the money. McKinnon 4 yr/$30M vs 2 yr/$10M for Coleman.

At the very least, there is zero chance they cut McKinnon. His dead cap > cap hit in '19. Maybe next year.
This just isn't true. It is not unlikely at all that they cut McKinnon. The 49ers have more than enough cap room to cushion cutting whoever they want. They just cut Garcon, who had 3 years left on a deal bigger than McKinnon's, and whose dead cap hit next year is bigger than McKinnon's would be if cut. They are going to keep as much of that cushion as they can until next 1-2 years, when they see their real competition window opening, and then spend all out. So the dead cap hit of McKinnon's contract for this one year wouldn't affect the FO's plans at all. You could say that the team might as well keep him and then cut him this next off season, but what also matters is that that would cost them significant real cash, and it may screw with their game day roster and long term plans at the position to have him around.

The backfield is overwhelmingly likely to be one of:

1) Coleman, McKinnon, Breida, Juszczyk

2) Coleman, McKinnon, Mostert, Juszczyk

3) Coleman, Breida, Mostert, Juszczyk

4) Coelman, McKinnon, Breida, Mostert, Juszczyk

Juszczyk is in 100%. Coleman is in almost 100%. Breida is only not on the team this year if traded - you can't cut his $600k contract it is too valuable. Mostert, the 49ers put a $2m tender on him, and he is also very likely to return. McKinnon has a bad contract for trade, but if were to renegotiate upon trade it could happen, and beyond that he is the one whose situation with the team is truly up in the air and most likely by far to be cut.

That's how it lays out now. SF FO is unpredictable though, so we'll see if they do something wild like roster 4 RBs plus a FB.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am

Just want to add that for the 49ers FO they will have to take into account the roll over cap and its implications this year and next, which will definitely heavily affect the decision on McKinnon. It's too complicated and not even worth going through the roll over possibilities, especially not knowing how the rest of free agency is going to shake out.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 am

I think Coleman and Breida will split carries while McKinnon lines up all over, mostly catching passes. Mostert and Wilson Jr. will be released if the depth chart remains as is.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am

Anyone have a link to a Salary Cap for Dummies type of article or resource? I feel like my grasp of it is very limited.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am

Players are always more valuable when they have the allure of potential, and the presence of an excuse for lack of production. Rookies, talented backups, we're all wanting and waiting for them to take the reigns, break out, and pay large returns on minimal investment. Unfortunately, especially in the case of long term backups, this rarely happens, and it looks like Coleman is another in yet a growing line of hype projects who never live up to the dynasty aspirational prices the community at large sets.

Coleman will have fantasy value most likely, but people were buying "early" on the premise of him becoming a bellcow in FA, paying first round draft picks. This wasn't ever likely and the results prove those who claimed such.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 am

James McGhee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am Anyone have a link to a Salary Cap for Dummies type of article or resource? I feel like my grasp of it is very limited.
Look up Coleman's salary on sportrac. They have a table at the bottom that does a good job of laying it out visually. At signing, player receives a bonus (signing bonus and 1st year roster bonus affect the cap the same way). This bonus is spread out over all the years of the contract. The player also gets a salary each year and potentially other bonuses/incentives.

Simple example: Player A receives 20 million with an 8 million signing bonus for 4 years. Bonus is paid in year 1 but spread out 2 million a year for cap purposes. To keep things simple, let's assume that his base salary is also spread out evenly (this isn't the case, it is usually backloaded a bit). So his base salary of 12 million over 4 years is 3 million a year.

Bonus (allocation) Salary Cap Hit Dead money
Year 1: 2 million 3 million 5 million 8 million
Year 2: 2 million 3 million 5 million 6 million
Year 3: 2 million 3 million 5 million 4 million
Year 4: 2 million 3 million 5 million 2 million

Edit: I had spaced this out so table was easier to read, but when I submit the spaces are all deleted. Oh well
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am

Except Coleman only gets $3.6m year one, no signing bonus and can be cut without penalty after this year.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:11 pm

As someone who isn't really invested in any of these RB's, I don't quite understand the disappointment in the Coleman signing. Being attached to Shanahan is an obvious A++++ situation. He's always been in a timeshare to date anyways so it's not like his situation got worse. McKinnon/Breida aren't even close to Freeman's level so if anything Coleman's competition just got significantly better. Also possible they move on from McKinnon, or make Coleman the starter and McKinnon the spell back. Either way, I would be delighted that he was back with Shanahan who made him relevant anyways.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am Except Coleman only gets $3.6m year one, no signing bonus and can be cut without penalty after this year.
That sounds more like Coleman is the rental, or he proves himself and signs a new deal next year...