Damien Williams - convince me

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Huh
Starter
Starter
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Huh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 am

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am
Per PFF:

"As a receiving compliment to Ajayi in 2016, Damien Williams averaged 2.47 yards per route run, second among all running backs.

This year, he led the NFL in catch rate among players with at least 20 targets, at 95.8%. Over the final four weeks, Williams racked up 179 yards after the catch. According to the Air Yards database, that ranked fourth in the NFL."

Even if you believe he's JAG as a runner, he is a very talented receiving back. That alone ought to provide him some floor even if KC brings in another high end RB.
I love when analytics and the film jive. Makes things easy.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 am

Nice to see the receiving stats from PFF. This only further cements the thought that at worst Williams is likely to the 3rd down/pass catching RB for KC next season, and in this offense, that's a valuable player.
Half pt ppr dynasty - start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex

QB: Rodgers, Baker
RB: Ekeler, Gurley, David Johnson, Hunt, Sony, Mckinnon, Love, Guice
WR: AJB, Hilton, AJG, Hollywood Brown, Laviska, Antonio Brown, Washington, Renfrow
TE: Kittle, Gesicki

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4390
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Welp, I sold.

Gave: Williams, Rivers, Sanders, mid 19 2nd, two 2020 mid/late 2nds

Received: 1.03 & Mariota
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Welp, I sold.

Gave: Williams, Rivers, Sanders, mid 19 2nd, two 2020 mid/late 2nds

Received: 1.03 & Mariota
I like it. Losing Rivers is tough, but it's 1 QB, so not as bad. Sanders is probably roadkill now, and you got by far the best piece in the deal.

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4390
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Welp, I sold.

Gave: Williams, Rivers, Sanders, mid 19 2nd, two 2020 mid/late 2nds

Received: 1.03 & Mariota
I like it. Losing Rivers is tough, but it's 1 QB, so not as bad. Sanders is probably roadkill now, and you got by far the best piece in the deal.
Rivers was the part i hated, but it was the only way it was getting done. I hope Sanders isn't done, but at 32 I didn't want to be left holding the bag. The only piece i know will appreciate for sure is the pick. Rookie fever insulates it.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Welp, I sold.

Gave: Williams, Rivers, Sanders, mid 19 2nd, two 2020 mid/late 2nds

Received: 1.03 & Mariota
I like it. Losing Rivers is tough, but it's 1 QB, so not as bad. Sanders is probably roadkill now, and you got by far the best piece in the deal.
Rivers was the part i hated, but it was the only way it was getting done. I hope Sanders isn't done, but at 32 I didn't want to be left holding the bag. The only piece i know will appreciate for sure is the pick. Rookie fever insulates it.
Sanders tore his Achilles late in the season. He's done for next year, he won't be productive, IF he even plays. I think you did well.

User avatar
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4953
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:43 pm

As I mentioned in another thread wiliams has been one of my guys since his oklahoma days , read an article by matt waldman talking him up years ago and that further reinforced what I already thought . I have had him on and off rosters across various leagues dozens of times - luckily had him in a couple of leagues this season to good results. I would hold unless I get a really solid offer like the package involving 1:3 mentioned above . He was a back up 100% true but nearly every back would have been a back up behind kareem hunt prior to his incidents . He also had some decent production albeit quite hit or miss .....in very limited chances in miami playing for the bug eyed blunder adam gase know ruination of more than one potential fantasy star at least all jets fans can rejoice in that hire :lol:

simple if you like pretty rosters off load him if you like guys that can help you win be happy you acquired a possible starting for next for nothing more or less - That is not an easy feat and can really help take your roster to a higher level .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:14 am

Recently sold him for Christian Kirk strt up.

That said, I still think he’s gonna be solid next season and I only sold due to roster construction issues.

Just sharing the deal for others that might be curious about trade values.
Half pt ppr dynasty - start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex

QB: Rodgers, Baker
RB: Ekeler, Gurley, David Johnson, Hunt, Sony, Mckinnon, Love, Guice
WR: AJB, Hilton, AJG, Hollywood Brown, Laviska, Antonio Brown, Washington, Renfrow
TE: Kittle, Gesicki

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:14 am
Recently sold him for Christian Kirk strt up.

That said, I still think he’s gonna be solid next season and I only sold due to roster construction issues.

Just sharing the deal for others that might be curious about trade values.
Kirk>Williams in Dynasty all day. Nice deal.

remedy29
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

The AFC Championship game first half should be all you need to know that this kid is no starting RB. He could be a nice compliment RB, but nothing more.
Minshew, Tua, Luck
Chubb, Carson, Lindsay, D Harris, J Robinson
C. Kupp, C Lamb, Ruggs, P. Campbell, Robby Anderson, Preston Wilson, Chase Clayton, A. Brown,
Ebron, Sample, Knox, Trautman, Harrison Bryant

User avatar
saw061600
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5892
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby saw061600 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:10 pm

remedy29 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm
The AFC Championship game first half should be all you need to know that this kid is no starting RB. He could be a nice compliment RB, but nothing more.
I'm on the flip side and see a nice buy low opportunity from an owner that has him on the trade block.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
JimmyG Winston TruB Finley Mariota
Barkley Chubb Taylor DMonty RoJo Bell Sony RFreeman Hines Snell
Evans ARob Boyd Reagor Jeudy Aiyuk Dionte NHarry MWill JJAW Isabella AMiller
Kelce Andrews Jonnu Hooper
Watt Williams Richardson Taylor Graham
Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks Davis Collins
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph Iloka McLeod Williams

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Dak Herbert Dalton
Mixon DHenry Carson MDavis Penny DEvans Duke Bowden BHill Snell
Julio Cooper ARob DK Cooks Thielen Perriman BEdwards Mooney DGabriel
Kelce Andrews
Hunter Barnett Clark Crosby G-Matur
Kendricks Warner Perryman Milano Campbell Baker ShaqT Holcomb
Budda Neal Clark Karl

12TM .5PPR 45RST
Wilson Rivers Dalton
Freeman Henry AP JHow Ajayi Nyheim Ito Justice Snell Barnes Tvon
Cooks Amari ARob Landry Watkins Keke Samuel JJAW Isabella
Ertz Andrews Herndon
NBosa Garrett Barnett Clark Leo
Perryman Lee JBrown Milano Wright Baker Tavai Burks
Jones Geathers SWill Abram

Huh
Starter
Starter
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Huh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm

saw061600 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:10 pm
remedy29 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm
The AFC Championship game first half should be all you need to know that this kid is no starting RB. He could be a nice compliment RB, but nothing more.
I'm on the flip side and see a nice buy low opportunity from an owner that has him on the trade block.
I new this would be here. I don’t know that you can take anything away from that half. Everybody was garbage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16933
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Huh wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm
saw061600 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:10 pm
remedy29 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm
The AFC Championship game first half should be all you need to know that this kid is no starting RB. He could be a nice compliment RB, but nothing more.
I'm on the flip side and see a nice buy low opportunity from an owner that has him on the trade block.
I new this would be here. I don’t know that you can take anything away from that half. Everybody was garbage.
Definitely not helping his case for the starting role, though. If Reid comes out of this game with 20 rushing yards, you can bet they will want to address the position in the off season.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9977
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 pm

remedy29 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm
The AFC Championship game first half should be all you need to know that this kid is no starting RB. He could be a nice compliment RB, but nothing more.
He's not a long-term back, but everyone on the Chiefs was garbage in the first half. Wouldn't matter who the RB is.

Huh
Starter
Starter
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Huh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:21 pm
Huh wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm
saw061600 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:10 pm


I'm on the flip side and see a nice buy low opportunity from an owner that has him on the trade block.
I new this would be here. I don’t know that you can take anything away from that half. Everybody was garbage.
Definitely not helping his case for the starting role, though. If Reid comes out of this game with 20 rushing yards, you can bet they will want to address the position in the off season.
As expected I’m here after the surge. Three end zone targets says they like and trust him.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AussieMate, drobes, Easy Breesy, Google Adsense [Bot], Hankybro21, nathanq42 and 13 guests