General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2019 Bad Trade Offers

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Why do people keep posting this like it's new news? We know based on the last 2 months actions there is concern about Gurley's knee. Someone else saying it doesn't change the situation. Also, a 2020 3rd is insulting, regardless of the concern about Gurley's knee.
It was a response to a few post back by Mephistopheles, for say he is going to quit his dynasty league because owner's in his league do not want to trade anything for Gurley and are publicly degrading his dynasty value.

I agree, it's common knowledge that Gurley's knee has degraded his dynasty value. Why quit a dynasty league over it? Seems like people in that league are active and just being vocal, the Gurley owner is taking offense because he is left with a questionable asset, who was once a no doubt high end RB1.
I see. Yeah, I just went back and read it. Not cool. You should not try and actively torpedo a guys trading value/options like that. That's pretty bush league.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri May 31, 2019 7:06 am

remedy29 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Why do people keep posting this like it's new news? We know based on the last 2 months actions there is concern about Gurley's knee. Someone else saying it doesn't change the situation. Also, a 2020 3rd is insulting, regardless of the concern about Gurley's knee.
It was a response to a few post back by Mephistopheles, for say he is going to quit his dynasty league because owner's in his league do not want to trade anything for Gurley and are publicly degrading his dynasty value.

I agree, it's common knowledge that Gurley's knee has degraded his dynasty value. Why quit a dynasty league over it? Seems like people in that league are active and just being vocal, the Gurley owner is taking offense because he is left with a questionable asset, who was once a no doubt high end RB1.
Here's where I have an issue with it. These are completed trades after that happened (from DLF trade finder):

RB Dalvin Cook, MIN, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from a, Year 2020 round 2 draft pick from a
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR

RB Marlon Mack, IND, RB James White, NEP, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from x, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from y
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR WR Jordy Nelson, OAK

RB Todd Gurley, LAR
for
RB David Johnson, ARI, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from c

RB Derrick Henry, TEN, 1.04 draft pick, 1.06 draft pick
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
(this was the day before I made the offers)

Someone else in this forum also claimed to have traded Gurley for Melvin Gordon as well.

I left because I've always had the philosophy that, no matter how bad a trade offer is, it shouldn't be publicized. Publicizing trade offers damages and targets the offering owner's franchise. People don't realize that, when it comes to an asset like Gurley, all it takes is one owner to be willing to give this kind of price. If it's truly awful (e.g. offering Stephen Hill for OBJ or something) that's one thing, but both of those offers that I sent were legit starting points for a discussion based on completed trades for Gurley at the time and after I sent them. There was no reason for those two owners to publicize them to the whole league and make a statement that "Nobody should be giving anything of value for Gurley". If that's how the league handles its business and treats new owners, then bleep them. I don't need to be in a league like that.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ajpmn01 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:21 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:06 am
Here's where I have an issue with it. These are completed trades after that happened (from DLF trade finder):

RB Dalvin Cook, MIN, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from a, Year 2020 round 2 draft pick from a
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR

RB Marlon Mack, IND, RB James White, NEP, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from x, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from y
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR WR Jordy Nelson, OAK

RB Todd Gurley, LAR
for
RB David Johnson, ARI, Year 2020 round 1 draft pick from c

RB Derrick Henry, TEN, 1.04 draft pick, 1.06 draft pick
for
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
(this was the day before I made the offers)

Someone else in this forum also claimed to have traded Gurley for Melvin Gordon as well.

I left because I've always had the philosophy that, no matter how bad a trade offer is, it shouldn't be publicized. Publicizing trade offers damages and targets the offering owner's franchise. People don't realize that, when it comes to an asset like Gurley, all it takes is one owner to be willing to give this kind of price. If it's truly awful (e.g. offering Stephen Hill for OBJ or something) that's one thing, but both of those offers that I sent were legit starting points for a discussion based on completed trades for Gurley at the time and after I sent them. There was no reason for those two owners to publicize them to the whole league and make a statement that "Nobody should be giving anything of value for Gurley". If that's how the league handles its business and treats new owners, then bleep them. I don't need to be in a league like that.

I think I understood and agreed with you from the start. Maybe if you weren't new to the league this wouldn't be quit worthy, but those owners trashed your best asset. How the hell are you supposed too recover from the degrading of your best player and the hit to your reputation and credibility with a new group of owners? If I ran into that from an established league in which I took over an orphan, I would think the trust needed to rebuild through trades could not be recovered. If the best anyone will offer you after that thrashing is a 3rd, what's the point? It seems unlikely you could get anything even close to true value for any other players.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 pm

I give
Mixon
Hockenson
Robby Anderson

I get
Kupp
Albert Wilson
Jimmy Graham

This was a counter to: Ebron, Robby Anderson, Deebo Samuels for Kupp and Wilson

childishfakerino
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby childishfakerino » Fri May 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Got offered Tate + Marvin Jones for Michael Thomas today

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 am

Our 7 round FA / Rookie draft starts tomorrow

I was offered the following

Get - 5.4
Give - Cooks

This was his counter after I offered him the 6.6 and 6.9 for his 5.4

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:16 am

Fournette owner REALLY wants Armstead so I've been trying to work something out
He put Gallup on the trade block

I offered him Armstead + David Moore + 2020 4th for Gallup
(May have been a tad light but not insultingly so, right?)

He countered with:

Armstead + Dak Prescott
for
Michael Gallup

(It's a SuperFlex)
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 am

I know there are those who will say this is not that bad but when you see the whole story it is.

About a month ago, a guy offered me AP for pick 2.5 in a SF devy league (for reference I ended up drafting Marquise Brown at 2.5). I told him I wanted nothing to do with AP at any price.

Over the weekend, in the middle of the draft, same guy offers AP and 2.10 for 2.05. Again I tell him, I do not want AP, anything with AP will be automatically rejected so please stop sending offers with AP.

So I make my 2.05 pick, so the logical thing for this idiot to do is send this offer:

I give: Corey Davis, Trequan Smith, Marquise Brown
I get: AP, Chris Thompson, Allen Robinson.

Apparently reading comprehension is not a requirement for fantasy football.
So Davis >>>>> A-Rob, Trequan >>>>>>Thompson, and AP is worthless to me so not only do I lose a ton of value on the first two pieces, but I give him Marquise Brown for free for the "privilege". This is why I hate trading.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 am I know there are those who will say this is not that bad but when you see the whole story it is.

About a month ago, a guy offered me AP for pick 2.5 in a SF devy league (for reference I ended up drafting Marquise Brown at 2.5). I told him I wanted nothing to do with AP at any price.

Over the weekend, in the middle of the draft, same guy offers AP and 2.10 for 2.05. Again I tell him, I do not want AP, anything with AP will be automatically rejected so please stop sending offers with AP.

So I make my 2.05 pick, so the logical thing for this idiot to do is send this offer:

I give: Corey Davis, Trequan Smith, Marquise Brown
I get: AP, Chris Thompson, Allen Robinson.

Apparently reading comprehension is not a requirement for fantasy football.
So Davis >>>>> A-Rob, Trequan >>>>>>Thompson, and AP is worthless to me so not only do I lose a ton of value on the first two pieces, but I give him Marquise Brown for free for the "privilege". This is why I hate trading.
I would accept that in a heartbeat to get Arob
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:51 am

I was offered Robert Woods and Kenyan Drake for Juju

He got upset when I turned him down, he asked about adding a 2nd, and I told him Woods and Drake are the guys you add to a better piece to get Juju. Not the foundation
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am

Was offered Lindsey for the 2nd overall pick. Was told Lindsey’s a top 5 back 🤷‍♂️......

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 am

purplepride28 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am Was offered Lindsey for the 2nd overall pick. Was told Lindsey’s a top 5 back 🤷‍♂️......
I didn't think this was that terrible at first (obviously his side would need to add, but I think most would agree he's worth a first).
Until it was argued that he's top 5 lol - and doesn't he think a top 5 back is worth more than 1.02?
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 am
purplepride28 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am Was offered Lindsey for the 2nd overall pick. Was told Lindsey’s a top 5 back 🤷‍♂️......
I didn't think this was that terrible at first (obviously his side would need to add, but I think most would agree he's worth a first).
Until it was argued that he's top 5 lol - and doesn't he think a top 5 back is worth more than 1.02?
That’s what I said to him. I said he’s probably worth a late first but not 1.02. And that’s when he Tried to argue that Lindsey is a top 5 back. 🤣
The owner of the 1.01 in our league is a major pats fan and already has Melvin Gordon and Barkley so I’m assuming he’s taking Harry so I will have my
Pick of Jacobs,sanders,Montgomery at #2

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:15 pm

During our Rookie/FA draft I was offered the following

I Get - Cohen, McCoy , 1.11, and 5.3
I Give - AJG, 1.4 , 1.5, and 7.4

With a note that he was helping me out since Jacobs, Montgomery and Sanders went 1-2-3

Cosmik Debris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cosmik Debris » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:07 am

In my inbox this morning:
I give Stefon Diggs (@ 3.4% of salary cap for 2 years)
He gives 2019 1.09

Or if I prefer:
I give Diggs
He gives Golden Tate (4.5% for 2 years) + 2019 2.09
10-team, no flex, standard scoring, $250 cap:
QB: J. Hurts ($1), Mac Jones ($3)
RBs: Barkley ($81), Mixon ($55), Pollard ($18), Perine ($1),Scott ($1), IR Penny ($1)
WRs: M. Williams ($30), DJ Moore ($7.00), E. Moore ($5.50), C. Claypool ($5), KJ Osborn ($2.50), J. Reynolds ($1), G Wilson (PS $7.00/5 yrs)
TEs: D. Goddert ($18), D. Njoku ($1), J. Johnson ($1)