General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2019 Bad Trade Offers

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun May 26, 2019 5:09 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:29 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 am
Jcedwards wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 am Fair points made on that trade. Here’s another one I received from another owner. Might be worse than that last one:

SEND Mixon, Sutton
RECEIVE Fitzgerald, Marshawn Lynch, Blue, 2019 4.03

Seems like he is just trying to get rid of players who are retired/ near retired/ career backup. Guess he thought he was going to try to pull a fast one on me.
The only opportunity I can see for sending this is that you think your opponent is going to accidentally click accept. This is one of the few trades [/u]worth publicly disclosing on your league message board.[/u]
Wait, what? Why would you ever publicly put an owner on blast for an offer they made? In all my years, I've never seen or do this, so I'm really curious if this has ever been done. What was the result?
Had someone in a league that I joined (taking over an orphan) do this to me earlier this year.
Actually, one did it in GroupMe and a 2nd guy jumped in and said I made the same offer to him.
The offer was Gurley for 2 1sts (one early, one late) and a player (Sutton from one Mack from the other).
The result was that I blacklisted both owners and notified the commish that I would be leaving the league after this season.
It's uncalled for.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 26, 2019 5:14 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:29 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 am
Jcedwards wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 am Fair points made on that trade. Here’s another one I received from another owner. Might be worse than that last one:

SEND Mixon, Sutton
RECEIVE Fitzgerald, Marshawn Lynch, Blue, 2019 4.03

Seems like he is just trying to get rid of players who are retired/ near retired/ career backup. Guess he thought he was going to try to pull a fast one on me.
The only opportunity I can see for sending this is that you think your opponent is going to accidentally click accept. This is one of the few trades [/u]worth publicly disclosing on your league message board.[/u]
Wait, what? Why would you ever publicly put an owner on blast for an offer they made? In all my years, I've never seen or do this, so I'm really curious if this has ever been done. What was the result?
I did this during a startup when somebody made an offer of startup picks that didn't make any sense, something like give 3.02, 6.11 and a 2018 3rd, get 3.08 and 6.05. I posted it in our group chat and nicely asked if it was a mistake. Half the league chimed in that they'd received similar offers. He stopped doing it, and I was the next person to make a trade with him. Some people really do just need to be calibrated. It might be easier during a startup or rookie draft because you're not really calling into question anybody's player evaluation; you're just showing them numbers.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:09 amHad someone in a league that I joined (taking over an orphan) do this to me earlier this year.
Actually, one did it in GroupMe and a 2nd guy jumped in and said I made the same offer to him.
The offer was Gurley for 2 1sts (one early, one late) and a player (Sutton from one Mack from the other).
The result was that I blacklisted both owners and notified the commish that I would be leaving the league after this season.
It's uncalled for.
For what it's worth, there's a chasm between your offer, which is a big ask for Gurley but could still be plausibly accepted, and the Mixon & Sutton for Fitz, Lynch, Blue, and the 4.03. You're asking for what might be considered an overpay for the best asset in the trade, while the trade in question is 100% indefensible.

Curious- I assume the picks were 2020 picks? What about that specifically made you decide you had to quit the league?

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 am
Mephistopheles wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:09 amHad someone in a league that I joined (taking over an orphan) do this to me earlier this year.
It's uncalled for.
For what it's worth, there's a chasm between your offer, which is a big ask for Gurley but could still be plausibly accepted, and the Mixon & Sutton for Fitz, Lynch, Blue, and the 4.03. You're asking for what might be considered an overpay for the best asset in the trade, while the trade in question is 100% indefensible.

Curious- I assume the picks were 2020 picks? What about that specifically made you decide you had to quit the league?
FYI, That response was posted in response to Pullo's question. I was not intending to compare what I offered with the Mixon trade.
Picks were 2019 picks, not 2020.
Way it was handled was poor. Both owners did silent rejects and one immediately took to GroupMe to complain about it. It was not a good first impression for a new owner. The conversation degenerated into several owners openly saying that they would not pay anything for Gurley, which destroyed the trade market for my best asset, to the point that another owner offered to "take Gurley off my hands" for a 2020 3rd round pick. As you said, it was a big ask for a top 10 asset - I do this all the time in other leagues and easily get trades worked out.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 26, 2019 5:45 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 am
It's uncalled for.

FYI, That response was posted in response to Pullo's question. I was not intending to compare what I offered with the Mixon trade.
Way it was handled was poor. Both owners did silent rejects and one immediately took to GroupMe to complain about it. It was not a good first impression for a new owner. The conversation degenerated into several owners openly saying that they would not pay anything for Gurley, which destroyed the trade market for my best asset, to the point that another owner offered to "take Gurley off my hands" for a 2020 3rd round pick. As you said, it was a big ask for a top 10 asset - I do this all the time in other leagues and easily get trades worked out.
Right, I wanted to clarify that while I suggested public disclosure might be a reasonable thing to do for a terrible, fishing offer, I would disagree with doing it for your offers.

As for what happened in that league, killing your trade leverage is what I feared and it’s unfortunate. Probably wouldn’t leave a league over it, but don’t fault you for doing so.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:44 am

Saw this in my inbox this morning:

Give: Zeke

Get: 2020 1st
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 am

Got this gem this morning:

Give DJ Moore
Get Fitztragic and DT
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am

Give: Golladay, Sutton, 2020 1st (mid)
Get: DHenry, Coutee

Got some other bad ones from him yesterday as well, including:
Give: Golladay, Sutton
Get: Coutee, 2.01, 2.03
(Note: it’s 14 team league SF)

When declined I got a ‘Really? I thought that was really fair.’. Par for the course with this owner though.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon May 27, 2019 5:22 am

FiremanEd wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 am Give: Golladay, Sutton, 2020 1st (mid)
Get: DHenry, Coutee

Got some other bad ones from him yesterday as well, including:
Give: Golladay, Sutton
Get: Coutee, 2.01, 2.03
(Note: it’s 14 team league SF)

When declined I got a ‘Really? I thought that was really fair.’. Par for the course with this owner though.
“Really fair” seems to mean “lopsided in my favor” to several owners in my leagues.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am

For team 2 in my sig. I won the league last year and have been unsuccessfully trying to swap picks and move up for a TE upgrade.
I decided to put Kamara on the block in hopes maybe I could grab a top tier TE+.

Got the following offers:
Give: Kamara, Mike Williams
Get: Golden Tate, '19 1.13
after I rejected it he resent the same exact offer. After that was rejected I got:

Give: Kamara
Get: '19 1.13

Then this one came in from a different owner.
Get: '19 1.06

The best offer I got on Kamara was:
Get: '19 1.04, 2020 1st

Needless to say I'll be keeping my 3 headed monster.

I also got this counter on one of my pick swap offers in the same league:

Give: Rosen, Mack, 1.14, 2.14
Get: '19 1.05
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:45 am

Right, I wanted to clarify that while I suggested public disclosure might be a reasonable thing to do for a terrible, fishing offer, I would disagree with doing it for your offers.

As for what happened in that league, killing your trade leverage is what I feared and it’s unfortunate. Probably wouldn’t leave a league over it, but don’t fault you for doing so.
Is it the horrible league mates degrading Gurley trade value or is it Gurley's degenerate knee?

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/r ... nee/497326

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:43 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:44 am Saw this in my inbox this morning:

Give: Zeke

Get: 2020 1st
Haven't you heard? 2020 is the greatest draft of all-time and there's probably going to be at least 10 guys better than Zeke, you're luck he didn't want you to add anything.

sconnie21
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sconnie21 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Was offered irv smith jr (after he fell to 3.2 in 12 team ppr with no extra te incentive in this league), for sutton or guice....my pick. No thanks to either.
12 team dynasty ppr (qb rb wr wr we/te te fx fx df) ...... 27 man rosters and switch to superflex in 25

Qb Anthony Richardson, Derek Carr, Bryce Young, Trey Lance, Herndon Hooker, Malik Willis
Rb - Ken Walker, pollard, Stevenson, Aaron Jones, Dillon,
Wr - D Smith, Higgins, Nacua, Dell, Jeudy, JSN, Addison, Jameson Williams, Dotson , Copeland,
Te - pitts, Njoku, Kraft
D - packers,

2024 2.6 3.1 3.2 3.3 4.3
2025 7 firsts and 7 seconds 2 thirds
2026 6 firsts and 6 seconds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:45 am

Is it the horrible league mates degrading Gurley trade value or is it Gurley's degenerate knee?

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/r ... nee/497326
Why do people keep posting this like it's new news? We know based on the last 2 months actions there is concern about Gurley's knee. Someone else saying it doesn't change the situation. Also, a 2020 3rd is insulting, regardless of the concern about Gurley's knee.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Why do people keep posting this like it's new news? We know based on the last 2 months actions there is concern about Gurley's knee. Someone else saying it doesn't change the situation. Also, a 2020 3rd is insulting, regardless of the concern about Gurley's knee.
It was a response to a few post back by Mephistopheles, for say he is going to quit his dynasty league because owner's in his league do not want to trade anything for Gurley and are publicly degrading his dynasty value.

I agree, it's common knowledge that Gurley's knee has degraded his dynasty value. Why quit a dynasty league over it? Seems like people in that league are active and just being vocal, the Gurley owner is taking offense because he is left with a questionable asset, who was once a no doubt high end RB1.