Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm

• among wide receivers to see at least 200 targets this past decade, Lockett ranks first overall in WR rating (127.4) (ranks 2 through 5: Jordy Nelson, Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin)
  • went all of 2018 without dropping a pass... only 10 other times this past decade has a wide receiver seen at least 65 targets and finished the season without a drop
  • averaged 3.28 PPR fantasy points per target, the most by a wide receiver in any season (of 1,772 qualifying seasons) since targets became a stat in 1992
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Yeah. I cashed out high. No way this gets repeated. I like him, but it was a perfect storm.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 pm

I guess no one is going to question his contract now. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm

I've always had this sliver of hope that Lockett would be the next AB if he could just get enough targets. He's in the wrong offense, though, so he'll have to do his damage on fewer targets. Great receiver whose perceived value is lower than his actual value imo.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm Yeah. I cashed out high. No way this gets repeated. I like him, but it was a perfect storm.
The efficiency won't repeat. But it won't need to for our purposes if he trades efficiency for more targets in coming seasons.

Still good time to sell him, of course, depending on what you got. If Seattle doesn't throw more next year, then selling now for blue chip is probably wise.
it was a perfect storm
Seems to me Lockett made the most of a light spring rain.
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm I've always had this sliver of hope that Lockett would be the next AB if he could just get enough targets.
Lockett's good, but he doesn't have AB's arm-length, hand-size, and play-strength (Lockett has decent play-strength, just not AB play-strength).
ArrylT wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 pm I guess no one is going to question his contract now. ;)
Only pilloried for having done so, if it's on public record. :oops:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:51 am

I know he performed well, but that's impressive. Still not comfortable starting him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:38 am

But I do not understand how passer rating is used in favour of the WR? Wouldn't that be more Wilson? That stat would be way different if he had say.. Blake Bortles.

Nonetheless, it was an efficient season but not enough volume for me to trust him in fantasy.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 am

The inference is that the better and more effective the receiver, the more likely it is the passer will complete the pass, gain the yards, score the touchdown. All criteria represented by passer-rating when targeting said receiver. A perfect passer rating on 70 targets also proves the QB is pretty darn good. Can't dismiss the other half of the equation, though.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 am

And I still don't believe... Not saying he's bad, just not a player I'll ever own I suppose. My loss?

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm Yeah. I cashed out high. No way this gets repeated. I like him, but it was a perfect storm.
The perfect storm would be him actually getting a reasonable number of targets that a player with his efficiency deserves.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 am The inference is that the better and more effective the receiver, the more likely it is the passer will complete the pass, gain the yards, score the touchdown. All criteria represented by passer-rating when targeting said receiver. A perfect passer rating on 70 targets also proves the QB is pretty darn good. Can't dismiss the other half of the equation, though.
Yeah totally. A QB cannot be blamed if his receiver drops everything thrown to him on target, and a WR cannot be blamed if he cannot catch passes thrown out of his radius. I think above all this shows that Lockett & Wilson are building some nice chemistry together. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 am
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 am The inference is that the better and more effective the receiver, the more likely it is the passer will complete the pass, gain the yards, score the touchdown. All criteria represented by passer-rating when targeting said receiver. A perfect passer rating on 70 targets also proves the QB is pretty darn good. Can't dismiss the other half of the equation, though.
Yeah totally. A QB cannot be blamed if his receiver drops everything thrown to him on target, and a WR cannot be blamed if he cannot catch passes thrown out of his radius. I think above all this shows that Lockett & Wilson are building some nice chemistry together. 8-)
They really are building a nice chemistry. Wilson is an outstanding QB. Lockett is a player I may have missed on. His future looks bright but still not a player I will invest heavily in due to targets. 80 targets is a huge concern in fantasy but I would buy if I could him cheap enough which seems unlikely.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 am

I think he's a definite buy. He's a guy you can probably get for a 1st that is pretty young and should be a WR2. If he gets more targets then you're looking at very nice production. He's also tied to Russ for a while, so there's going to be a floor there.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 am

I like him, but he's not a guy I would chase (speaking in general, not just for my team). Depth is pretty easy to find at WR, so I like to swing for the fence and target WRs who have the potential to become fantasy WR1's. I've missed on my share (Doctson, Corey Coleman, Agholor, Parker to name a few), but I am nicely set up with the ones I have hit on.

That said, if you targeted him last season you are REALLY happy. Not trying to knock him as an asset, but sharing my strategy around WRs.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:39 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 am I like him, but he's not a guy I would chase (speaking in general, not just for my team). Depth is pretty easy to find at WR, so I like to swing for the fence and target WRs who have the potential to become fantasy WR1's. I've missed on my share (Doctson, Corey Coleman, Agholor, Parker to name a few), but I am nicely set up with the ones I have hit on.

That said, if you targeted him last season you are REALLY happy. Not trying to knock him as an asset, but sharing my strategy around WRs.
I'm just really high on Lockett I guess, but I think he has a shot at being a WR1 with legitimate target and any sort of shift in SEA towards an air-it-out offense. They have the QB for it.