Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:02 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:41 am I'm not disputing that Lockett and Wilson are the perfect combination for each other, but what about Golden Tate? He didn't put up WR1 numbers (I don't think) until he left Russ and went to Detroit.
No he did not - but he only played with Wilson during Wilsons rookie & sophomore seasons.

In 2012 he was competing with Sidney Rice for target share (plus Beast Mode feasted to almost 1800 total yards) - and got about 18% - which if a QB threw 600 PA would be 105-110 targets. Wilson only had 393 PAs attempts and Tate therefore only got 68 targets (Rice had about 21% target share = 82 targets).

Rice ended up WR35 while Tate was WR40 in ppr in 2012.

In 2013 Rice was on his way out, but that opened the door for Baldwin to breakout ala Thielen. Regardless Tate did get a strong target share - 23.5%. However since there were only 420 PAs that led to 99 targets. Tate did finish as WR30 overall and had 187 points and a respectable 64-898-5 stat line which if he had had the same TD totals would have put him in a similar zone as Tyler Lockett last year (5 more TDs = 30 points so 217 points vs. 220).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm feeling confident that Juju's value will take a serious hit by the end of the year, while Lockett is elevated in the process. What Lockett does on so few targets is pretty remarkable.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:48 am

Nanananananana wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 am Juju has more catches in one season than Lockett’s best 2 seasons combined, nearly as many yards also. 0 out of 0 NFL teams would trade Juju for Lockett based on talent if ages we’re the same.

Your efficiency is going to go up when your quarterback has that escapability and you’re able to run around like you’re playing flag football for 10 seconds. Also with Russ throwing so many less passes and being so much more careful and incredibly accurate your efficiency is bound to bump up. Just like you can look at Wilson’s past recievers and argue that they were not as efficient as Lockett, you can look at roethlisberger WR 2s and see they were never close to as productive as Juju.
JuJu has put up good volume numbers on mediocre efficiency with a hall of fame quarterback against team's #2 DB, and has been bad when not playing with a hall of fame QB and when playing against team's #1 DB.

Lockett has put up mediocre volume numbers on borderline record setting efficiency with a hall of fame quarterback against team's #1 DB, and we've never seen him play good or bad without a hall of fame QB.

If we are talking about which one is a better NFL player, then there is certainly an argument/discussion to be had and neither is clearly the obvious choice of the other such that it's not even close enough to talk about as you alluded to in the other thread.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:48 am JuJu has put up good volume numbers on mediocre efficiency with a hall of fame quarterback against team's #2 DB, and has been bad when not playing with a hall of fame QB and when playing against team's #1 DB.
I am going to have to disagree with that, at least by going with Reception %.

Jujus Rookie Year
58-917-7
79 Targets
15.8 Y/R
73.4 (5th best from 2017)

Locketts 2018
57-965-10
71 Targets
16.9 Y/R
80.3 (3rd best from 2018)

So while Locketts season remains an extremely efficient & impressive season, I believe casting JuJu Smith Schuster as having had mediocre efficiency is simply an incorrect allegation. Now obviously his Y2 was less efficient but it is very hard to quibble over a WR1 season with 166 targets. And it is easy to go back over the years and find 'less efficient' WR1 seasons by other WRs. Regardless my point is that JuJu Smith Schuster has had efficient production in limited targets previously.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:57 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 am
Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:48 am JuJu has put up good volume numbers on mediocre efficiency with a hall of fame quarterback against team's #2 DB, and has been bad when not playing with a hall of fame QB and when playing against team's #1 DB.
I am going to have to disagree with that, at least by going with Reception %.

Jujus Rookie Year
58-917-7
79 Targets
15.8 Y/R
73.4 (5th best from 2017)

Locketts 2018
57-965-10
71 Targets
16.9 Y/R
80.3 (3rd best from 2018)

So while Locketts season remains an extremely efficient & impressive season, I believe casting JuJu Smith Schuster as having had mediocre efficiency is simply an incorrect allegation. Now obviously his Y2 was less efficient but it is very hard to quibble over a WR1 season with 166 targets. And it is easy to go back over the years and find 'less efficient' WR1 seasons by other WRs. Regardless my point is that JuJu Smith Schuster has had efficient production in limited targets previously.
x2

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Lockett is having his original poetry works published later this month, FWIW.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ty ... ar-AAIsgX3

bumpman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bumpman » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Breakout to elite status is in progress . . . :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:43 pm

bumpman wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 pm Breakout to elite status is in progress . . . :thumbup:
Yep. I traded him away in a few leagues a year ago, but actually had him as my WR3 in his draft class. I then thought, I better get this guy somewhere, I always liked him. So I shipped off OJ Howard for Lockett and two 2o2o 2nds right before the year started in a TE premium league (where I also get return yardage points, so Lockett is actually WR2). :dance:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm

Elite route running and separation skills always wins in the end. Lockett is just a hell of a player and fits Russell Wilson perfectly

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:37 pm

I am glad to have draft him with the 2.01 in 2015 rookie draft. I knew he would beast and now Baldwin is not there that is exactly what he does. He is super efficience and is a true wr1. Love this guy.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Looking at the remainder of his matchup schedule, Lockett has a legitimate chance to maintain his pace stats and finish with 1300ish yards receiving, 90-100 receptions. The two tilts against SF hurt, but the rest of the matchups are green-lights.

Y'all see the 'news' that Tyler's still a virgin? Dude's gotta be fending them off with a spiked bat.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... cautionary

Raise your hand if you trust/believe Pete Carroll.

And no Pete Carroll you cannot raise your hand. ;)

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Traded him and a 2021 first for juju in a rebuild year 😬. Let's hope going younger prevails...
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------