Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyler Lockett had possibly the most efficient season in NFL history.

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:29 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:58 am If his targets don't increase, it's practically guaranteed his '19 isn't as good as his '18. It's all about whether or not he earned more targets this year, and how many more he gets.
Agreed. The touchdowns may decrease regarless. Also a possibility the Hawks grab one of these WR's early in the draft.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:07 am

I think it is worth noting that two of the top five in that stat are Wilson's receivers.

I was telling a friend the other day that I think Russell Wilson is a top 3 quarterback in real life, he's extremely good and has very little to work with throughout his career.

I can just imagine what he would do with a true #1.

That said - I personally expect the Seahawks to add a WR in the draft within the first three rounds.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 am

People complaining he's a body catcher. Lol. Who cares when he catches literally everything?

Or complaining it took him too long to break out. Break your ankle in half and let us know how long it takes you to come back.

Dude is a stud. He does it all. YAC. Contested catches. Deep balls. Literally perfect efficiency. And he has a top 3 QB, with no WRs anymore to compete with.

The only knock on this guy is volume. If you had to bet would you guess it goes up or down from 80 total targets? He won't remain AS efficient. But he is probably getting more looks, even if they draft a WR. Schottenheimer won't be there forever.

So bump volume, decrease efficiency, he's still a rock solid fantasy wr2. What's there to complain about?

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:12 am

among wide receivers to see at least 200 targets this past decade, Lockett ranks first overall in WR rating (127.4) (ranks 2 through 5: Jordy Nelson, Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin)

With Baldwin also on this list it speaks volumes for Wilson.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 am People complaining he's a body catcher. Lol
Yeah, and, he's not a body catcher, in point of fact.

Basket-catches are not body-catches, folks. And Lockett meets almost every other kind of target with his hands.

Like nearly everyone, if you scrounge the tape you will find an occasional body catch. We only correctly label a guy a body catcher when he does it habitually.

Lockett has strong ball-skills. It's why he doesn't commit many drops despite sub 9 inch hands.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:54 am

It's so funny to see people talking about them bringing in a "more prototypical" WR1 in 2019 where guys like Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill, and TY Hilton are fantasy studs.

It's doubly funny given that the very team he is on has used guys who weren't traditional prototype WR1's as their WR1 for the last half decade and created fantasy WR1's out of Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 pm

For the record - I believe the Seahawks will be bringing in a WR; but it has nothing to do with needing a "more prototypical" guy or even a knock on Tyler Lockett.

...they just need more guys with Baldwin on his last leg(s) and Lockett being the only apparent NFL-level option.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:55 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 pm For the record - I believe the Seahawks will be bringing in a WR; but it has nothing to do with needing a "more prototypical" guy or even a knock on Tyler Lockett.

...they just need more guys with Baldwin on his last leg(s) and Lockett being the only apparent NFL-level option.
Do you not have any faith in David Moore, Dropper of Balls?
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 pm

Hawks have to draft a WR or two because they can't count on Baldwin for much longer, and after Lockett, the chart has nothing else reliable on it. Moore might be good eventually, but it's much too early for them to bank on that.

Hawks seem to be allergic to spending 1st or 2nd round picks on WRs, though. Their most recent WR draft pick in the 2nd round or earlier was in 2014, iirc.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 am

I believe Richardson and Golden Tate are the only WRs that the Seahawks have taken in the top 2 rounds over the past decade - and both of them were 2nd round selections. Seems like the Seahawks always have other priorities (or a BPA approach?).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:28 am

I would actually like to see the Seahawks draft Metcalf personally. I think he would pair great with Russell.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 am

I am a Lockett fan, drafted him his rookie year, but with Wilson being my QB and the limited amount of passes in that offense I never was comfortable starting him. I would look at Lockett's weekly score and be like - great, he got 15+ points! Then I look at the stats and see oh, it was on 2-4 targets.

Looking at his weekly scores now, he only had 2 games all season below 10 points (Week 9 with 7 points and week 15 with 8 points, ppr + return yards) and 8 games over 15 points, I should have started him every week instead of Galloday. Maybe 2019 I can let my fears go away and just lock him into my line-up.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu May 09, 2019 5:38 pm

It's happening.

Metcalf may be a useful player and a physical freak, but he is not a target hog. The other receivers are rookies, David Moore...

Wilson threw 427 times in 2018. The defense got worse. Figure 440 this year. Lockett is a stone cold lead pipe lock for 100 targets, and probably a good bet for like 120+.

On 71 targets, he had 57 rec (80pc catch rate) for 965 yds (16+ yards per rec) which is ridiculous. 80pc on that YPR. ADOT was 13+!! 80 percent catch rate!! Sure, he'll be less efficient. But at a certain point, a player is simply a baller.

Give this guy 120 targets and that's 90 recs and we'll, well over 1k yards.

Giddyup.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 pm

:thumbup: I like it, giddyup!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Doug Baldwin only had 73 targets last year; Lockett had 70.
I am not sure where you are getting a good bet for 120+.

That would mean he would have to get basically all but 20 of the targets that Baldwin received last year; meaning that you are thinking DK will only get 20 targets for the year and that David Moore, TEs and Penny are not going to get more targets than they did.

I think you are being way too optimistic with your projection.

This is still going to be the same old run-run-pass offense.

Sure, there is a path there for more targets - but I would also bet that DK becomes more of the deep threat guy since that is really all he can do and Lockett; while getting slightly more volume will see more middle/intermediate stuff.