What to make of the AB situation?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What to make of the AB situation?

Postby C_n_red_again » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:37 am

Clarion contrarian I am in agreeance 100 percent. Replace Tomlin. Dude gets outcoached often. Please please please let go of Antonio brown. I hate crybabies. Imo munchack is by far the best coach on that team!
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am

I'm 98% sure AB stays, but if he surprisingly does go or when he retires, do you think Juju's production goes up with greater target share? Or does it take a hard hit without AB there to draw all the coverage away?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 am I'm 98% sure AB stays, but if he surprisingly does go or when he retires, do you think Juju's production goes up with greater target share? Or does it take a hard hit without AB there to draw all the coverage away?
A little bit of both. He would still be an easy fantasy start week in and week out. If AB did it alone for years, why couldn't JuJu?

The bigger threat is when Ben retires and the team starts to change. Will JuJu continue to put up big numbers then?

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am

It does seem it's time for a divorce, but I do think you see a bit of how spoiled Steeler fans have been. They've gotten 6 plus seasons of Hall Of Fame WR play from a 6th rounder. Is he a headcase? Maybe, but what makes him a diva is also part of what made him such a relentless craftsman. If it comes to a bad end, Yinzers and fantasy owners can't really complain about the ride.

Tomlin has his flaws as a coach (although he's still NEVER had a losing season - other teams should be so lucky) and there does seem to be a problem with team discipline...but hell, read up on those 70's Steel Curtain teams and you'll see disfunction doesn't necessarily mean you don't win titles if you're talented enough. Maybe it is the end of an era, but I don't think Steeler fans should expect when Tomlin, AB, Bell and Gropey Ben are gone that things are somehow going to get better. It was a great run, and without having to go through the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB they would have undoubtedly had more shiny trophies.

I think AB stays a Steeler and has another all pro year, but a move to, say, San Fran or the Jets would be solid for his fantasy prospects. As for JuJu, I do wonder how he'd produce facing primary coverage. I'd certainly be looking to pick up Washington on the cheap.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 pm

IF (and I still think that is a pretty big if) they move on from AB, here is what I think about what has been brought up:

- I have a hard time envisioning JuJu benefiting from AB leaving. I don't buy he will see a big uptick in targets if it happens, he is already matching AB in targets and I have a hard time seeing him exceeding 160 targets significantly enough to matter. On top of that, JuJu is a very good WR but I view him more as a complementary WR. Given he is extremely young and could develop into a WR1; but right now he has benefited greatly from being "the other guy" while AB still has been commanding double coverage rather frequently.

- It is interesting how quiet on this whole situation Ben has been. He's typically a loudmouth and does not shy away from calling out other players. Heck, he basically blamed the disappointing season on Lev Bell.

- As clarion mentioned, if they move on from AB; they are going to NEED to go back to "classic Steelers football". None of this throwing 50-60 games and trying to win shootouts. I will never like the Steelers as a Raiders fan, but the Steelers are at their best when they are playing strong defense, not strong offense. It makes for entertaining football for a lot of the younger generation and fantasy football players, but you know the saying: "defense wins championships".

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Can't imagine Ben would want to come back if AB leaves. He's already looking at a pretty hellacious retirement as beaten up and broken down as he's gotten over the years. There'd be zero chance winning another SB in the next 2 years if AB leaves, right?

JuJu is a monster and has a bright future, but dude... JuJu ain't AB!

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:28 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm Can't imagine Ben would want to come back if AB leaves. He's already looking at a pretty hellacious retirement as beaten up and broken down as he's gotten over the years. There'd be zero chance winning another SB in the next 2 years if AB leaves, right?

Definitely not "zero chance" without AB, who's the last SB winner with a superstar WR? Ultimately won't make a massive difference on their W/L record whether he's there or not.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:22 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Definitely not "zero chance" without AB, who's the last SB winner with a superstar WR?
DT? And Gronk isn't a WR, but he IS a superstar receiver.

And like I said above, superstar WRs like Julio and AB surely would have won if not for the twin GOATs.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:40 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm Can't imagine Ben would want to come back if AB leaves. He's already looking at a pretty hellacious retirement as beaten up and broken down as he's gotten over the years. There'd be zero chance winning another SB in the next 2 years if AB leaves, right?

Ultimately, Antonio Brown (or any WR) isn't the reason a team is a Super Bowl contender or not.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 pm

For fantasy purposes, Antonio Brown is the best and will be hard to outdue what he's done as a Steeler. He only cares about his stats and that's great for a fantasy owner.

As a football player, he is a punk bleep biotch. I can't imagine any self respecting professional football player ever wanting to play with him. I think there is a good chance Pitt gets rid of him and he will not ever come close to his production with Pittsburgh with any new team. He has great chemistry with Big Ben and has a QB that will feed him targets on his off script routes. Outside of Pitt, I think he falls to WR2 production.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

Nobody talking about this? Looks like Brown is more likely than not to get traded at this point. Think it's more than likely going to cause a dent in his value. Few to no offenses that can support him as well as PIT.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 am

They aren't going to cut him, they want to control where he lands. They dont want to trade to a division rival, and probably not a playoff threat in the conference. So, my guess is: SF, GB, TB, ARI, NYJ, BUF roughly in that order.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 am

One thing to note about Juju is he plays all of the WR positions. He played from the slot a lot this year. That should help him to overcome the additional coverage he may get without AB.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:40 am

If the Steelers really want to be vengeful dicks and put the nail in his career coffin, they could always trade him to the Raiders

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 am

So say AB and his talents go elsewhere, where are the best landing spots? Ranked in order from best to worst.

Chance It Happens (if he's even traded at all) = CIH
ABs Opportunity (if he somehow ends up on that team) = ABO

SF: Brown could become a reincarnation of late career Rice if he goes to the 49ers. They need that true number 1 WR, and getting Brown would in turn help Jimmy GQ (making him look like he's worth what they are paying him - helps save lynchs job). It's a smart move on all fronts. CIH = B, ABO = A

Colts: Imagine Luck with another premier WR opposite Hilton. It'd be a QB upgrade, and Luck had the 2nd most attempts on the season - only 35 less than Big Ben (who was first), so volume shouldn't be an issue. CIH = C, ABO = A

Jets: This team is looking for a playmaker to help Darnold, AB fits the bill as far as talent goes, but I'm not sure the Jets would want his attitude with a young QB. That said, if he does end up there, he's going to be an absolute target hog. What he loses in efficiency he'll make up in pure volume. CIH = B, ABO = B+

Browns: They can afford him, but I doubt Pitt trades him within the division. It would give Baker one of the best outside weapons in the NFL, and allows them to move Jarvis back into the slot. CIH = D, ABO = B

Texans: Great QB, but I don't know if AB fits this offense. Yes if Fuller is hurt than it makes sense, but even then, Dhop commands so much volume I'm not convinced that Brown would get the volume he wants/needs and then it'd be Diva Time. Also if Fuller is healthy, Brown can't match his speed on the outside, so it would almost be better to run him out of the slot. Overall, I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't love it either. CIH = C, ABO = C+

Raiders: Wouldn't like this landing spot. Maybe Gruden could scheme some stuff up, but after seeing the before/after of Mr. Cooper I find it hard to believe that he's able to get the best out of his WRs. He'd be the only show in town so I guess that's something. meh. CIH = C, ABO = C+

Broncos: Would suck to be paired with Case, if Case is gone then maybe the conversations changes but at this point, I wouldn't like it. Don't see there being enough volume (even being the number 1 WR) on the team to sustain elite numbers. Elway seems to be on the hot seat so I could see it happening, but man would that suck with Case there. CIH = C, ABO = C

Cardinals: Young QB that I'm not sure I would trust to consistently get Brown the ball. Brown would still volume but I don't think it would be elite levels. Maybe Kingsbury would help but that remains to be seen. I would forecast a lot of diva tantrums on the sidelines for missed throws. CIH = D, ABO = C-

Bills: Pretty similar to the Cards. Couldn't trust Allen to consistently get Brown the ball, or even throw that much overall. I would be very worried about the potential volume that Brown would get. Same thing with the tantrums on the sideline for missed throws. CIH = F, ABO = D

Where do you think he will go? or where would you like him to go?

Fingers crossed for SF or Indy!