Elijah McGuire

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Elijah McGuire

Postby Tennisbuck » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:13 am

Owners

What is everyone’s thoughts on him next year ? He has a low yards per carry but has been getting a lot of work since coming back. I do think the Jets bring in a lead back.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Elijah McGuire

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:19 am

16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:23 am

As a Jets fan I hope that he is relegated to a backup role. He looks so stiff and uninspiring. Of course I’m hoping for an offensive minded coach and all new weapons for Darnold, but who knows this team NEVER invests in the offense.

Mcguire at best would be part of a committee imo, he’s worth owning but I wouldn’t give up much to get him.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks. I’ll search in the future.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:47 am

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:23 am As a Jets fan I hope that he is relegated to a backup role. He looks so stiff and uninspiring. Of course I’m hoping for an offensive minded coach and all new weapons for Darnold, but who knows this team NEVER invests in the offense.

Mcguire at best would be part of a committee imo, he’s worth owning but I wouldn’t give up much to get him.
I agree with this. Havent been impressed with him at all. Small side of committee at best to me.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am

I have a feeling the Jets will miss out on Coleman and Bell in FA which makes me think that unless they draft a Rb then its likely he beats out Crowell in 2019. He's got the size to be an everydown back and was favored to be the 3rd down back before his foot injury. Give him a better O-line and overall offense and he could be a mid Rb2. I think he's a hold unless you can get a early 2019 2nd or a 2020 2nd and 3rd or something like that.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:25 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am I have a feeling the Jets will miss out on Coleman and Bell in FA which makes me think that unless they draft a Rb then its likely he beats out Crowell in 2019. He's got the size to be an everydown back and was favored to be the 3rd down back before his foot injury. Give him a better O-line and overall offense and he could be a mid Rb2. I think he's a hold unless you can get a early 2019 2nd or a 2020 2nd and 3rd or something like that.
I agree with this, I think McQuire will be a 1b at worse next year. In a better offense, all players will benefit. The only player I see derailing this is if the Jets sign Bell, which is possible.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:40 am

Eh he's like a Cameron Artis-Payne or Wayne Gallman type. Has some talent and can be competent when the other RBs are hurt, but really just flex-level or boom-or-bust RB2 production even then that you can't really trust. I'd sell for a mid/late 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:54 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am I have a feeling the Jets will miss out on Coleman and Bell in FA which makes me think that unless they draft a Rb then its likely he beats out Crowell in 2019. He's got the size to be an everydown back and was favored to be the 3rd down back before his foot injury. Give him a better O-line and overall offense and he could be a mid Rb2. I think he's a hold unless you can get a early 2019 2nd or a 2020 2nd and 3rd or something like that.
Except he's not really better than Crowell. I personally see him as COP back, and maybe some 3rd down work. Agree to sell for a 2nd or hold, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:42 pm

If it came down to Crowell and McQuire, I do think there will be a RBBC between the two. Except, McQuire can get goalline carries AND catches. That's fantasy gold, which McQuire already proved, if given the opportunity he can produce at RB1 level as he was during the fantasy playoffs this year.

RB is all about talent and opportunity. McQuire has decent talent and he has more than decent opportunity. Crowell will not keep McQuire on the bench, not a chance.

For a 2018 mid second, that sounds like fair value. For a 2019 mid second, I'm not so sure. I'd have to wait till I see the NFL draft and see how many skill positions are drafted in the first 2 or 3 rounds. And if you take a RB with a mid 2nd, you can only hope he gets the opportunity McQuire currently has.

Players like McQuire help fantasy teams win. You need team depth. Future mid seconds are just fun to draft for the 10 percent hope the player is really good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:42 pm If it came down to Crowell and McQuire, I do think there will be a RBBC between the two. Except, McQuire can get goalline carries AND catches. That's fantasy gold, which McQuire already proved, if given the opportunity he can produce at RB1 level as he was during the fantasy playoffs this year.

RB is all about talent and opportunity. McQuire has decent talent and he has more than decent opportunity. Crowell will not keep McQuire on the bench, not a chance.

For a 2018 mid second, that sounds like fair value. For a 2019 mid second, I'm not so sure. I'd have to wait till I see the NFL draft and see how many skill positions are drafted in the first 2 or 3 rounds. And if you take a RB with a mid 2nd, you can only hope he gets the opportunity McQuire currently has.

Players like McQuire help fantasy teams win. You need team depth. Future mid seconds are just fun to draft for the 10 percent hope the player is really good.
Spoken like a true McGuire owner. :lol: Crowell is the better runner, so he will to a point. Say what you will about Crowell, but he is an explosive back when given the opportunity. He rushed for over 200 yards in a game this year, and his 4.8 YPC dwarfs McGuire's 3.2. Neither RB is a superb talent, but Crowell is certainly a better early down back at this point. None of this will matter when the Jets throw heaps of money at Le'veon Bell, though. :wink:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:42 pm If it came down to Crowell and McQuire, I do think there will be a RBBC between the two. Except, McQuire can get goalline carries AND catches. That's fantasy gold, which McQuire already proved, if given the opportunity he can produce at RB1 level as he was during the fantasy playoffs this year.

Spoken like a true McGuire owner. :lol: Crowell is the better runner, so he will to a point. Say what you will about Crowell, but he is an explosive back when given the opportunity. He rushed for over 200 yards in a game this year, and his 4.8 YPC dwarfs McGuire's 3.2. Neither RB is a superb talent, but Crowell is certainly a better early down back at this point. None of this will matter when the Jets throw heaps of money at Le'veon Bell, though. :wink:
Bell is so cocky he would never sign with a losing team like the jets.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Titans95 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Bell is so cocky he would never sign with a losing team like the jets.
It's about money for him. I believe he joked it would take 50 million or something to play for them last year. They may be willing to offer him a ton of cash, with their cap room. If he cared about winning more than money he would have signed his franchise tender this year. The Jets are the odds on favourite to sign him in Vegas right now.