DJ a Buy Low Candidate?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DJ a Buy Low Candidate?

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:01 am

I do not say by any mean dj will have another 2016 season but the talent is clearly there. In this very bad situation still could post decent stats. The cards should not have any problem to find a better OC and the Cards will certainly try to improve this Ol. Yeah Dj is definitively a buy low and should rebound next year. Kirk is a buy low too
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:57 am

He's still a relatively good buy low, because he's going to be 28 and people in dynasty continue to undervalue older players. There's also the chance the Cardinals trade him too. Rumor is that the coach and GM will be out after the season.

We all know the down year was due to coaching, so he's not done by any means

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:07 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:41 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:28 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:13 pm DJ Moore's value fell? He was a late 1st in last year's draft and is suddenly worse? I just don't follow that thinking. Especially not in a weak upcoming class
Not that I know of. I never had him as a first round player. Careful with your assumptions.
Are you a Ridley or Sutton guy then?
We're off topic here but Ridley was my top rookie WR, then Christian Kirk.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:23 pm

I would gladly sell DJ for Moore and Lindsey. Even Lindsey might be his equal. I'm gonna shop him once the NFL playoffs end, see what comes in.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:23 pm I would gladly sell DJ for Moore and Lindsey. Even Lindsey might be his equal. I'm gonna shop him once the NFL playoffs end, see what comes in.
this

On name value alone, you should be able to get a lot more for DJ than just Lindsey. At least for now. But based on expected production over the next 3 years, it's gotta be pretty even, possibly even tilting in Lindsey's favor after 2019 if he can keep the gig.

Net: if I were a Lindsey owner (am not) I'd be hard pressed to give him up for DJ, unless I could flip him for a profit.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Lindsay is one of the biggest "sell me while you can" players this off season. I wish I had him only to flip.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:23 pm I would gladly sell DJ for Moore and Lindsey. Even Lindsey might be his equal. I'm gonna shop him once the NFL playoffs end, see what comes in.
Me too. I'm not giving up two young guys like them for a will-be 28 year old RB with a spotty four-year track record in a bad offense, especially during the off season.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:13 pm DJ Moore's value fell? He was a late 1st in last year's draft and is suddenly worse? I just don't follow that thinking. Especially not in a weak upcoming class
Not that I know of. I never had him as a first round player. Careful with your assumptions.
Sorry, sir. Please let me know if I ever cross you again
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Moore and Lindsey is definitely a fair offer for DJ. I think its a sure thing that we saw the best of DJ that one year and he wont get back to that level of production again. It happens all the time where a guy had one great year. DJ still had a really good year this year but to me you wont get 2016 numbers out of him ever again and he may just be solid RB2 from here on out.

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:34 pm
this

On name value alone, you should be able to get a lot more for DJ than just Lindsey. At least for now. But based on expected production over the next 3 years, it's gotta be pretty even, possibly even tilting in Lindsey's favor after 2019 if he can keep the gig.

Net: if I were a Lindsey owner (am not) I'd be hard pressed to give him up for DJ, unless I could flip him for a profit.
As someone early to the Lindsay party and owns him in all 3 of my dynasty leagues I don't think a post on this site has ever made me happier.... That said I think valuing Lindsay over DJ at this point is a stretch
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:44 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Sorry, sir. Please let me know if I ever cross you again
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Moore and Lindsey is definitely a fair offer for DJ. I think its a sure thing that we saw the best of DJ that one year and he wont get back to that level of production again. It happens all the time where a guy had one great year. DJ still had a really good year this year but to me you wont get 2016 numbers out of him ever again and he may just be solid RB2 from here on out.
Statistically, this is about as bad as Johnson can realistically be and he is still currently RB9 in PPR and RB11 in standard. Also, keep in mind that Arizona is 25th in adjusted line yards. He may not produce at the absurd level he did in 2016, but he could easily continue to be a RB1 going forward. Like I said earlier, Johnson could be traded or Arizona could improve with better coaching next season. Either way, he's still going to get a ton of volume and remains one of the most complete backs in the game.

If I wanted to win now, I'd have no trouble trading Lindsay and Moore for him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:53 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:01 pmStatistically, this is about as bad as Johnson can realistically be and he is still currently RB9 in PPR and RB11 in standard. Also, keep in mind that Arizona is 25th in adjusted line yards. He may not produce at the absurd level he did in 2016, but he could easily continue to be a RB1 going forward. Like I said earlier, Johnson could be traded or Arizona could improve with better coaching next season. Either way, he's still going to get a ton of volume and remains one of the most complete backs in the game.

If I wanted to win now, I'd have no trouble trading Lindsay and Moore for him.
I'm not a David Johnson fan, but this is a reasonable argument. He was certainly useful despite a rookie QB, little passing game support, questionable/bad play calling and a poor offensive line. That said, given his recent extension, I don't see him getting traded. Any increase in his production and performance will have to come from an improvement of his situation in Arizona.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:59 pm

this

DJ is a much better option, and much more valuable than Lindsay.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:59 pm
this

While this is true it also depends on the owner who someone is trying to trade with. For instance someone new to dynasty may not understand the "UDFAs rarely if ever workout long term" rule, combine that lack of knowledge with recency bias which effects so many and you are going to get people who value Lindsay the same or higher. People who have experience with dynasty understand DJ is more valuable and a better option, but the Newbies may not, and I cant blame them since we have all been there.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm
and I cant blame them since we have all been there.

I have not been there. I was a fantasy genius from the start

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 pm

this

Is he really though? That offense was tragic but DJ showed no burst and the power really wasn't there. I'm not gonna look it up but I bet he didnt more than 5/6 runs of 20+ yards this year.

DJ is worth more on name alone but Moore on top is too much and this coming from an owner who bought DJ at his peak.