What Site/Platform is your Dynasty League(s) using?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What Site/Platform do you use for your Dynasty League(s)

CBS
1%
ESPN
10%
Fleaflicker
13%
Fantrax
3%
MFL
52%
NFL.com
1%
Yahoo
3%
Other - please explain
10%
Multiple sites
7%

Total votes: 71

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What Site/Platform is your Dynasty League(s) using?

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:34 pm

So I voted multiple sites because I use (for dynasty only)

ESPN
FanTrax
MFL
Yahoo

Anyways several of my FanTrax leagues are free, but one league is a $ league where I was the Champion. I just wanted others to know that FanTrax is fast to pay out - they give 3 options (check, paypal or leave in account). I requested a payment to my PayPal account of some of my winnings a couple of hours ago - and the payment was already sent/transferred to my Paypal.

One thing I would love is if LS would add that service (payment to Paypal account).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 am

I'm in 3 on MFL and a few on Fleaflicker.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:22 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 pm ESPN for me.
I have dabbled in most others but for me, ESPN is my preferred choice and it is not close.

I am in the minority but I just cannot stand MFL. It has the most functions, sure - but I hate everything about it.
You're not alone. It's an absolute nightmare to navigate, complete settings overkill.
Yeah, I can't stand MFL. It's like they deliberately tried to make it ugly and difficult to use. I can't imagine a site like that happening by accident, anyway! And they charge you a fortune for the privilege, too.

But it's also the only site that ticks the bare minimum boxes for a dynasty league, in my opinion. :wall:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm

I guess I'm one of the few who has no issues with MFL. I much prefer a minimalist concept to a web site that has a lot of versatility and functionality as opposed to something bloated and limited in use. The redraft league I'm in uses ESPN and the interface is useless except for making roster changes and free agent moves. Any research has to be done elsewhere (like MFL).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 pm

I just wish MFL had an app that wasn't complete trash. You can barely set lineups on it before it crashes.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:44 pm

I use Reality Sports Online and love it. It's very specialized to a salary cap/contract system, but is about the perfect solution for anybody in that format. Admittedly they do not have a very good app, but the rest of the site makes up for it.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 pm I just wish MFL had an app that wasn't complete trash. You can barely set lineups on it before it crashes.
It's a third party app, not designed by MFL. I'm curious what the advantage to having an app even is... Do I really need another app on my phone? Again, it's the minimalist in me I guess, but I hate that I have to either have an app or sign in with Facebook or Google to almost everything.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 pm

I think that is the beauty of many things - you should be able to have as minimal or as fancy a site/platform as we desire.

For some things I like having that ability to sign in with FB or Google and not have to worry about X # of passwords & such, but with others, I quite agree with skip - sometimes you just want something simple & easy and no app or batteries required. ;)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:21 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 pm I think that is the beauty of many things - you should be able to have as minimal or as fancy a site/platform as we desire.

For some things I like having that ability to sign in with FB or Google and not have to worry about X # of passwords & such, but with others, I quite agree with skip - sometimes you just want something simple & easy and no app or batteries required. ;)
Your fantasy requires batteries? :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:21 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 pm I think that is the beauty of many things - you should be able to have as minimal or as fancy a site/platform as we desire.

Your fantasy requires batteries? :lol:
Real Steel. :ewink:

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:24 am

skip wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm I guess I'm one of the few who has no issues with MFL. I much prefer a minimalist concept to a web site that has a lot of versatility and functionality as opposed to something bloated and limited in use. The redraft league I'm in uses ESPN and the interface is useless except for making roster changes and free agent moves. Any research has to be done elsewhere (like MFL).
MFL isn't "minimalist" by any stretch of web design imagination. Bloated, badly designed and confusing are some more apt descriptions.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:00 pm

If I remember my history correctly sometimes better does not always win out right?

VHS beat Betamax.

Blu-Ray beat HD DVD.

MFL beats its competitors (so far).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 am

Thanks to all who voted - like I said when I started the poll - I had a feeling that MFL would be the runaway winner - I was more curious in how the other sites would fare up. I may do this again in a year or so to see how MFL has gained/lost. Also I realize I forgot to include RTS as a site.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm Yeah a couple of the ESPN leagues I am in now use Groupme due to that. I actually find it helps because I never really used the chatbox, but because I use groupme for other leagues I am able to communicate more with my leaguemates. :)
couldn't agree more with this. third party chat on phones has entirely replaced league website chatrooms. everyone resists it and then later everyone wonders why they didn't support it earlier.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 pm

i'm a bit shocked to see not even a single RSO mention!
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC