Kalen Ballage value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Kalen Ballage value?

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:44 pm

whats his current value? I'd say early second with the chance for mid first if he goes crazy these last few weeks. The talent is there.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kalen Ballage value?

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Sounds about right to me. I'd definitely not pay a 1st at this point

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Odds are Miami adds someone else to be the lead back next year. If anyone is willing to pay a high 2nd for the most temporary assignments atop the depth chart then I’d be selling.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm Odds are Miami adds someone else to be the lead back next year. If anyone is willing to pay a high 2nd for the most temporary assignments atop the depth chart then I’d be selling.
I feel like they have a lot of round 1 through 3 or 4 needs much greater than RB. Not sure that anyone available after that will be a definite talent upgrade over Ballage, especially if he shows anything these next few weeks. We'll see I guess.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 am

I scooped him up to hold over the offseason hoping he's the guy so I can flip him. If they bring someone in or actually start trusting Drake, it is what it is. He has good size/speed combo so it sure seems like there's potential.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am

he has very good pass catching skills. but his running style is more see hole run fast. if he learns enough as a back to be a better runner, his ceiling is DJ. definitely worth a hold to see how things shake out in miami. gase seems to hate drake so maybe ballage is the guy next year? for me his price hasn't changed that much from when i drafted him at the end of the 2nd. maybe it's a mid second with this being a weaker class.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 am

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 pm Odds are Miami adds someone else to be the lead back next year. If anyone is willing to pay a high 2nd for the most temporary assignments atop the depth chart then I’d be selling.
I'm thinking that Ballage was a project and the thought was that after Gore moves on Ballage moves in an takes part in a rbbc with Drake. Anyone who drafted Ballage this year hopefully did so with the thought that he wouldn't pay dividends till 2019. I'm betting they address other needs in this draft.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm

I am hoping he has a good finish to the season and he retains a split of the backfield in 2019. Miami has some other areas that are probably more pressing than RB, but who knows. He's definitely a hold for me to see how it plays out.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 am
I'm thinking that Ballage was a project and the thought was that after Gore moves on Ballage moves in an takes part in a rbbc with Drake. Anyone who drafted Ballage this year hopefully did so with the thought that he wouldn't pay dividends till 2019. I'm betting they address other needs in this draft.
Assumed I'd hear a lot of "they'll address other needs in the draft." Got 2 so far and it, of course, is possible they don't "replace" Ballage with a high draft choice. The problem is Ballage's path to lead status isn't merely blocked by a 1-3 round RB. Unless he really shows something crazy in these last two weeks, he'll most likely be usurped by better options. We have to realize this is a lot more likely than him actually returning value outside of a committee role in deep leagues. I mean, until Gore got hurt no one here would have paid a late 2nd for him, now there's mention of first round value. Are you paying a first for Damien Williams? Ballage's lack of talent, production, and trust from the team isn't changing because of his promotion to 2 down thumper for 2 meaningless games on a team that refuses to trust a superior Drake and lacks any other quality options.

With that in mind, I stand by my earlier recommendation of selling for a high second to someone who is willing to risk him being something.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:25 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm
JFever wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 am
Assumed I'd hear a lot of "they'll address other needs in the draft." Got 2 so far and it, of course, is possible they don't "replace" Ballage with a high draft choice. The problem is Ballage's path to lead status isn't merely blocked by a 1-3 round RB. Unless he really shows something crazy in these last two weeks, he'll most likely be usurped by better options. We have to realize this is a lot more likely than him actually returning value outside of a committee role in deep leagues. I mean, until Gore got hurt no one here would have paid a late 2nd for him, now there's mention of first round value. Are you paying a first for Damien Williams? Ballage's lack of talent, production, and trust from the team isn't changing because of his promotion to 2 down thumper for 2 meaningless games on a team that refuses to trust a superior Drake and lacks any other quality options.

With that in mind, I stand by my earlier recommendation of selling for a high second to someone who is willing to risk him being something.
Well, I think there is a bit more here than what you may be choosing to see. But, to each their own. I'm also not saying he is an elite talent with a direct path toward a 3 down lead role. He has plenty of questions but.... to be clear - He was a mid to late 2nd in last year's rookie draft in most leagues WITH the understanding that the path to relevancy would require patience and the retirement of F.Gore and that he'd likely be in a rbbc with Drake. Selling him now for a mid to late 2nd for the upcoming draft would be unwise as it would not likely provide a profit. Rather, it would likely be a lateral step or likely a step backward. I agree with you in that if an owner could move him for a mid or late 2019 1st - It should be considered heavily. A move of Ballage for a mid 2019 2nd - really is a lateral move or less though imo.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:25 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm Assumed I'd hear a lot of "they'll address other needs in the draft." Got 2 so far and it, of course, is possible they don't "replace" Ballage with a high draft choice. The problem is Ballage's path to lead status isn't merely blocked by a 1-3 round RB. Unless he really shows something crazy in these last two weeks, he'll most likely be usurped by better options. We have to realize this is a lot more likely than him actually returning value outside of a committee role in deep leagues. I mean, until Gore got hurt no one here would have paid a late 2nd for him, now there's mention of first round value. Are you paying a first for Damien Williams? Ballage's lack of talent, production, and trust from the team isn't changing because of his promotion to 2 down thumper for 2 meaningless games on a team that refuses to trust a superior Drake and lacks any other quality options.

Well, I think there is a bit more here than what you may be choosing to see. But, to each their own. I'm also not saying he is an elite talent with a direct path toward a 3 down lead role. He has plenty of questions but.... to be clear - He was a mid to late 2nd in last year's rookie draft in most leagues WITH the understanding that the path to relevancy would require patience and the retirement of F.Gore and that he'd likely be in a rbbc with Drake. Selling him now for a mid to late 2nd for the upcoming draft would be unwise as it would not likely provide a profit. Rather, it would likely be a lateral step or likely a step backward.
I probably need to visit an ophthalmologist to correct this case of selective sight I have. =p

I respect the concept of not wanting to essentially delay a year of development by trading for an equal pick in this year's draft if you believed he was worth a mid 2nd last year. He was on the border of late 2nd, early 3rd in my leagues and that seemed to be consistent with what I saw on here. An early 2nd would be an upgrade from a player that hasn't proven anything to move up in value and who received his initial value from combine metrics hype. My bigger concept is that his recent promotion (without a significant performance this week and next) should have little bearing on his value next year. If Gore's injury is what is pushing him up from late 2nd to the 1st/2nd borderline I'm selling.

But this was merely intended to be constructive thought/advice. I'm not looking to buy or sell as a potential committee back in Miami would never start for a competitive team in any of my 10-12 team leagues.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 pm

I see no problem with trading a rookie for essentially the same pick you used to get them in the previous year. Sometimes you need to cut bait, and if you can take advantage of a re-do, more power to you. If you think they're going to be worth less very soon, then why not consider trading? You can't let pride get in the way of properly maintaining your team.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Need some help guys so I'll piggy back off my own thread

Pick two
J Adams vs Houston
Fournette @ Miami
Ballage vs Jacksonville
Baldwin vs Kansas City

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 pm I see no problem with trading a rookie for essentially the same pick you used to get them in the previous year. Sometimes you need to cut bait, and if you can take advantage of a re-do, more power to you. If you think they're going to be worth less very soon, then why not consider trading? You can't let pride get in the way of properly maintaining your team.
Good post. I'm holding Ballage but I'd love to dump off Hines who I took one pick ahead of Ballage.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 pm I see no problem with trading a rookie for essentially the same pick you used to get them in the previous year. Sometimes you need to cut bait, and if you can take advantage of a re-do, more power to you. If you think they're going to be worth less very soon, then why not consider trading? You can't let pride get in the way of properly maintaining your team.
The thing with this is, how are you letting pride get in the way. What about Ballage and what we've actually seen tells us with any degree of confidence that he is a bust? Or, what about Ballage tells us that he is not a bust? RIGHT here is where patience comes into play. Gore is going on 36. The phins have shown that they do not trust Drake as a 3 down rb. They have many needs on both sides of the ball. Ballage was likely drafted with a 2nd in most leagues. So, unless your getting a first (which I doubt too many reasonable dynasty owners are offering) - why move him in a lesser draft for a similar pick? It doesnt' make sense to not be patient in this case at all.