trc
Captain
Captain

Re: Stat Corrections for WEEK 15

Postby trc » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm
skip wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

What position doesn't cause those swings though? There are several starters at RB & WR, so even bigger point swings.
It's not about point swings. It's about a position with zero predictability. None ever. It's pretty much the same as team defense. Neither should be used in fantasy leagues as they are little more than random points added to each team any given week.
There is some strategy to kickers and defenses, but definitely a lot of variability. I like that though.

A good middle ground might be to cut kicker scoring in half or some other factor. Same for team defenses.

To each his own.
The dynasty aspect is quite non-existing in respect to kickers and defences.
You need to use a redraft mentality.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 pm Is there any sense of worry or hope from those who won or lost respectively, their games in week 15?

I just about went through every emotion this week starting Thursday when Melvin was declared out, Keenan leaving the game with an injury without recording a reception, Tyreek having a pedestrian performance. The b.s. continued on Sunday when Luck & Ebron combining for 10 points and Josh Gordon had just 1 reception. This all resulted in me winning by 2.7 and moving onto the championship round.

NOW... I'm ecstatic but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't be too happy until I know for a fact that my 2.7 point lead will be taken away with stat corrections.
Well I faced Zeke and in my league fumble losses are worth -3 points. Instead of winning by 2.7, I've lost by 0.3.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 pm Is there any sense of worry or hope from those who won or lost respectively, their games in week 15?

I just about went through every emotion this week starting Thursday when Melvin was declared out, Keenan leaving the game with an injury without recording a reception, Tyreek having a pedestrian performance. The b.s. continued on Sunday when Luck & Ebron combining for 10 points and Josh Gordon had just 1 reception. This all resulted in me winning by 2.7 and moving onto the championship round.

NOW... I'm ecstatic but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't be too happy until I know for a fact that my 2.7 point lead will be taken away with stat corrections.
Well I faced Zeke and in my league fumble losses are worth -3 points. Instead of winning by 2.7, I've lost by 0.3.
So gross. What site to you use?

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:20 pm

CBS.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 pm

It's unbelievable that a a group of people on Twitter stated this conversation and the ruling changed after. Smells like someone is getting rich from this. It's definitely not me.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:45 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 pm It's unbelievable that a a group of people on Twitter stated this conversation and the ruling changed after. Smells like someone is getting rich from this. It's definitely not me.
They just wanted to troll you specifically after you made this thread... sorry man. Rough loss

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:50 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:20 pmCBS.
I dont see any stat corrections made for him on MFL.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:03 am

Posted this in the other thread on the exact same topic...rest assured this occurs each and every week of the NFL season. Most just don’t care to notice as the variance and impacts are limited. It’s well known information though.

MFL stat correction occur just after 10am EST. This occurs every week, though mostly only applies to IDP due to volume of adjustments. The adjustments themselves are posted under Help > Official Statistic Adjustments. These are usually posted over night.

I can confirm that the Change is occurring for Zeke and Goff for offensive players. Will change to Zeke fumbled and recovered his own (no takeaway for Indy, just turnover on downs), and the Goff play is becoming a Sack, Fumble, and Defensive Recovery. Goff goes from an INt to Fumble Lost / Sack.

Scores are never official until Thursday mornings. Welcome to the world of IDP.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:50 am

trc wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm
skip wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm

It's not about point swings. It's about a position with zero predictability. None ever. It's pretty much the same as team defense. Neither should be used in fantasy leagues as they are little more than random points added to each team any given week.
There is some strategy to kickers and defenses, but definitely a lot of variability. I like that though.

A good middle ground might be to cut kicker scoring in half or some other factor. Same for team defenses.

To each his own.
The dynasty aspect is quite non-existing in respect to kickers and defences.
You need to use a redraft mentality.
Again, I disagree. It may seem harder, but there are advantages to be reaped if you know your kicking & defenses. I definitely am NOT letting my best defenses go to free agency. I sometimes add one for a specific week for the matchup, but they'll be the second defense on my roster.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 am

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:57 pm My two teams that advanced are both IDP leagues, with pretty large starting requirements. I won one game by 2.6 points, and the other by 1.2. I'm pretty nervous that stat corrections will reverse one or both of these!
I'm 2/2--both of my wins from last week turned to losses on stat corrections... :(
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:42 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 am
Ruggenater wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:57 pm My two teams that advanced are both IDP leagues, with pretty large starting requirements. I won one game by 2.6 points, and the other by 1.2. I'm pretty nervous that stat corrections will reverse one or both of these!
I'm 2/2--both of my wins from last week turned to losses on stat corrections... :(
That's harsh. Wow.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am

on monday for my home league which is IDP, i had a 0.44 point victory. Today, the stat corrections came out. some of my solo tackles (1) became tackle assist (0.5) and vice versa. my opponent lost three tackles to tackle assist. final final point diff was 2 ish points :)
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm

I was in 3 leagues this year, 2 redraft and 1 dynasty. Cam sunk me in the semi finals in the 1 dynasty and my single QB redraft. I managed to make the finals in my other redraft league which is a superflex, till today. Zeke's stat correction bumped me out by 1 point. So thats 0-3 in my semi's and all lost in the crappiest of fashions.

Seriously how do you guys deal with these feelings after brutal losses? I have garbage like this happen to me every year since I've started this hobby. I feel the need to go back to drinking or maybe try taking medication to control my blood pressure.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm how do you guys deal with these feelings after brutal losses? I have garbage like this happen to me every year since I've started this hobby. I feel the need to go back to drinking or maybe try taking medication to control my blood pressure.
I've stolen enough matchups to know that I'm at any moment liable to lose one on bad luck. I beat one opponent on Monday night this season by 0.1. it came on Saqouns 2 pt conversion at the very end of the game and was completely meaningless because it had no impact on the game itself...

I'd be staring at stat corrections and drinking thoroughly the next few nights if I were him lol