Stat Corrections for WEEK 15

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Stat Corrections for WEEK 15

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Is there any sense of worry or hope from those who won or lost respectively, their games in week 15?

I just about went through every emotion this week starting Thursday when Melvin was declared out, Keenan leaving the game with an injury without recording a reception, Tyreek having a pedestrian performance. The b.s. continued on Sunday when Luck & Ebron combining for 10 points and Josh Gordon had just 1 reception. This all resulted in me winning by 2.7 and moving onto the championship round.

NOW... I'm ecstatic but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't be too happy until I know for a fact that my 2.7 point lead will be taken away with stat corrections.
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Stat Corrections for WEEK 15

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 pm

2.7 points is 27 yards. Only way if kills your week is if a pass becomes a run or vice versa one of those lateral type passes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 pm

A few years ago we had a major stat correction. On the Thursday of week 16, yahoo removed 1 team from the championship game and inserted his week 15 opponent.

What happened is that our league used to give a 3 point bonus for 100 yards rushing/receiving.

Rashard Mendenhall has hit the 100 yard mark, so he got the bonus. But a Wednesday stat correction removed a yard from him, so he dropped to 99 yards, and his owner lost 3.1 points since the bonus evaporated.

What sucked is that I was in the finals, and would’ve beaten the Mendenhall owner. But the other owner who got swapped in defeated me by 2 points.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 pm 2.7 points is 27 yards. Only way if kills your week is if a pass becomes a run or vice versa one of those lateral type passes.
It can happen much easier than that... I had 3 points go against me just a few weeks back with corrections. One was fumble recovery credited when it shouldn't have been, which was 2 points right there. Don't remember the other point but a win became a loss and ultimately cost me the post season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:20 am

I just about went through all of the players in our matchup. No player is within a few yards of hitting a bonus point achievement. He started the Bills defense and every site says that they recorded 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 fumble recoveries, and 0 interceptions.

I started the Jaguars defense. They recorded 3 sacks and a forced fumble. Each one of those stats is worth a single point. So I'd need 3/4 to be stripped away in order to lose. Maybe I did win...
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:20 am

Significant stat corrections are pretty rare( more than 1 point) unless you are playing IDP.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 am

I held onto a .4 win to get me a bye into playoffs. Have never been worried about stat corrections before lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 am

I had a chance to advance to championship in one league last night. Needed 8 points from Saints kicker which I felt was very do-able. He had 7 in first quarter. I end up losing by .4

1. I hate *&&^%$^% kickers in fantasy
2. Everything that could have gone wrong did. The Saints offense sucked @$$ last night.
3. 8 of 13 games this season Lutz scored over 8 points
4. I'm hoping for stat correction as .4 is within range of a small stat correction changing the outcome.
5. I think I may bow out of every league of mine that continues to insist that kickers need to be part of fantasy.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:54 am

On a side note....what are peoples tie breakers in playoff/championship games? How is it determined who wins or moves on?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:01 am

JFever wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 am I had a chance to advance to championship in one league last night. Needed 8 points from Saints kicker which I felt was very do-able. He had 7 in first quarter. I end up losing by .4

2. Everything that could have gone wrong did. The Saints offense sucked @$$ last night.
4. I'm hoping for stat correction as .4 is within range of a small stat correction changing the outcome.
5. I think I may bow out of every league of mine that continues to insist that kickers need to be part of fantasy.
It's funny that you blame the kicker for a 0.4 point loss when all the other players are equally responsible, if at all.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:19 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:01 am
JFever wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 am I had a chance to advance to championship in one league last night. Needed 8 points from Saints kicker which I felt was very do-able. He had 7 in first quarter. I end up losing by .4

It's funny that you blame the kicker for a 0.4 point loss when all the other players are equally responsible, if at all.
no we all hate kickers because it can cause a 21 point swing in the most crucial game of the year. had in my favor this year but have had it work against me too. its just junk and total luck
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:19 am

no we all hate kickers because it can cause a 21 point swing in the most crucial game of the year. had in my favor this year but have had it work against me too. its just junk and total luck
What position doesn't cause those swings though? There are several starters at RB & WR, so even bigger point swings.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

What position doesn't cause those swings though? There are several starters at RB & WR, so even bigger point swings.
It's not about point swings. It's about a position with zero predictability. None ever. It's pretty much the same as team defense. Neither should be used in fantasy leagues as they are little more than random points added to each team any given week.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

skip wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

It's not about point swings. It's about a position with zero predictability. None ever. It's pretty much the same as team defense. Neither should be used in fantasy leagues as they are little more than random points added to each team any given week.
There is some strategy to kickers and defenses, but definitely a lot of variability. I like that though.

A good middle ground might be to cut kicker scoring in half or some other factor. Same for team defenses.

To each his own.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:57 pm

My two teams that advanced are both IDP leagues, with pretty large starting requirements. I won one game by 2.6 points, and the other by 1.2. I'm pretty nervous that stat corrections will reverse one or both of these!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker